Best strategy for a matched bettor

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

Danny Asda wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:37 am
The guy who wrote it seems to be using a variant of @dereks free bet green up system so that looks quite promising too
Perhaps a better way of putting it Danny, greening up is the same as buying and selling. It's not the idea (system) that's successful, it's the skill of the trader to judge what price to buy for. As you found out when you tried scalping it's not that straightforward.
wearthefoxhat

I wonder if we'll see Bill Hwang try some sports trading on the exchanges....

Best strategy for a matched bettor.?...could try arbing Betfair/Betdaq 5 minutes before the off. Bet Angel has software for both exchanges available, so set each one up on different laptops, compare prices...away you go.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:21 pm
From what I can gather, he's not interested in learning trading and doesn't want to take any risks. Just wants an easy way of making money like match betting. Lay the draw, back it when a goal's scored and he's off down the pub. If that doesn't work, back the draw, green up five minutes later and down the pub. If that fails he'll search goat's thread for a magic money-making bot that he can download. :)

I've no idea if the OP is genuine, who knows! :D

Lots of disillusioned matched bettors floating around though as MB is getting tougher. Like I said above other people are pushing MB software/systems as a precursor to selling them video packs and ebooks on trading. See how easy it is to make money matched betting? Well in trading you can make much more! Easy money!
Naffman

Making money using MB is like using a calculator to solve 14x25x33 which anyone can do, even the guys in set 8.

Making money consistently trading is doing equations like that without a calculator and within 10 seconds.

If he isn't taking the piss because it does slightly feel so then lets be glad he isn't down the sett reading all those worthless ebooks.
sniffer66

Naffman wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:47 pm
Making money using MB is like using a calculator to solve 14x25x33 which anyone can do, even the guys in set 8.

Making money consistently trading is doing equations like that without a calculator and within 10 seconds.

If he isn't taking the piss because it does slightly feel so then lets be glad he isn't down the sett reading all those worthless ebooks.
I see what you did there ;)
jimibt

Naffman wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:47 pm
i think i he'd have to have been *heckled* if that were the case!! :roll: :D
Derek27

Matched betting isn't really betting. It's more like extortion or robbing a bank. We should just consider ourselves lucky to have got away with it without going to prison - you can't really expect to get away with it forever. :)
Kai

Danny Asda wrote:
The other thing about the @goat thread is that he says he has been working 9 months and still not been paid. I’m still in two minds as I can’t afford to wait 9 months to get paid.
9 months may be enough time to create a human being but creating your first strategy usually takes much longer :D So technically one could say that trading is more difficult than child birth :mrgreen:
Danny Asda wrote:
Could anyone tell me what page the best systems are on.
Joking aside, not sure if anyone has mentioned but the profitable system download subforum section is locked, it only becomes visible to new contributors when they reach 100 posts. Obviously due to forum policy, I'm sure you understand, otherwise anyone could just come in and profit from our work and it encourages posters to contribute more, plus Betfair would just gub us faster too so it's a win/win/win.

But at 100+ posts you only get basic strategies anyway, they just go up to 500 quid profit per day so not much to get excited about, like Derek's infamous greenup system which not many people here use anymore. And to gain download access to the best systems you need to contribute first with 5000+ posts, and not many active people here with that sort of numbers, only Derek comes to mind.

So I suggest you send a PM to Derek and ask him to send you all of the best profitable systems. Maybe you'll catch him in a good mood, who knows. Good luck 👍
Atho55

Might see some fireworks, solve it if you can
michaelhud1

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:04 pm
Danny Asda wrote:
The other thing about the @goat thread is that he says he has been working 9 months and still not been paid. I’m still in two minds as I can’t afford to wait 9 months to get paid.
9 months may be enough time to create a human being but creating your first strategy usually takes much longer :D So technically one could say that trading is more difficult than child birth :mrgreen:
Danny Asda wrote:
Could anyone tell me what page the best systems are on.
Joking aside, not sure if anyone has mentioned but the profitable system download subforum section is locked, it only becomes visible to new contributors when they reach 100 posts. Obviously due to forum policy, I'm sure you understand, otherwise anyone could just come in and profit from our work and it encourages posters to contribute more, plus Betfair would just gub us faster too so it's a win/win/win.

But at 100+ posts you only get basic strategies anyway, they just go up to 500 quid profit per day so not much to get excited about, like Derek's infamous greenup system which not many people here use anymore. And to gain download access to the best systems you need to contribute first with 5000+ posts, and not many active people here with that sort of numbers, only Derek comes to mind.

So I suggest you send a PM to Derek and ask him to send you all of the best profitable systems. Maybe you'll catch him in a good mood, who knows. Good luck 👍
Post post post
iggypop37

Just a thought Danny, is arbing in the shops a possibility for you ?

.... but I know from experience even that gets VERY much harder over time.
goat68

Danny Asda wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:09 pm
Hello,

Am looking for some help and advice. For the last two years I have been making a living from matched betting. Last week I lost my last 3 useful accounts, and I have now been gubbed almost everywhere. I have some other accounts in friends and relatives names for bonus free rolls and easy stuff, but now I keep getting these requests for their private information, so those accounts are now more or less gubbed too.

I don’t want to give up this lifestyle that I have become accustomed to, so I want to now take the next step and become a sports trader. I am looking for a profitable strategy that I can follow in the same way. I got told about scalping by a poster on the student room, which is meant to be similar to MB, though unlike MB, I kept getting into a situation where only one side was matched. So it became a straight bet, or a straight lay bet. This wasn’t really what I was looking for, as I don’t like having any risk.

Does anybody have a simple profitable strategy that I can follow that is suitable for a former matched bettor ?
You're best bet is find a decent day job that fits your skills and pays the bills..., and if you're feeling it's the right direction work on trading in your spare time.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:45 am
That's strange, I'm getting some unusual readings on my trollmeter again :mrgreen:

(still think Danny could be Alex trolling or someone else's windup)
I reckon this guy might be serious because I remember how gutted I was when all the bookies pulled the plug on me, only it wasn't the end of the world, I just went back to trading. This guy only knows matched betting, was far more serious and made more money than me and got used to it. He doesn't have trading to fall back on and just wants an easy way of making money again.

I still miss the days when I could have a night off trading, crack open the beers, put the music on, sit back and wait for a bookie to offer 12-1 for a 5-1 chance. I guess it must have been like fishing and a sunny day. :D
michaelhud1

Is matched betting still worth doing if never really bothered with it?
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:08 pm
Most profitable traders probably took six months to two years
I would have been over the moon to have cracked manual pre off in only two years

Return to “General discussion”