Best strategy for a matched bettor

A place to discuss anything.
jimibt

sounds like a good plan b :lol:

ShaunWhite

Danny Asda wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:12 pm
I will have another read later after Tenable and Tipping Point has finished Thanks.
You might want to change your viewing habits, Only Connect would be a better warm up.

I saw Tipping Point a while ago and one question was "What's the first letter of the alphabet...." and I was expecting more question like "that has 2 degrees of symmetry" or something, but that was it. :D .. (btw it's 'A' for anyone who's unsure)

I'm missing quizzy Mondays already now that OC and UC have both had their finals :( ....still got Round Britain Quiz though so all is not lost.
Kai

wearthefoxhat

Danny Asda wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:12 pm

As an aside, if anybody is interested in purchasing a DuoSpa S080 hot tub, only used twice, replacement filters included, please contact me Thanks.
Does is it come complete with the algae?
alexmr2

jimibt wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:26 pm
sounds like a good plan b :lol:

1. Use the hot tub to build a time machine to go back to the year 2000
2. Arb and trade on betfair for 10 years before XM is introduced
3. Spend all your money on Bitcoin, Amazon and Apple stocks
4. Wait 11 years then in 2021 become a billionaire
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:52 pm
Wouldn't it be simpler to just back the winner of every race or football match?
eightbo

> have a time machine
> take 21 years to become a billionaire

:lol:
Derek27

eightbo wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:20 pm
> have a time machine
> take 21 years to become a billionaire

:lol:
It was just a psychology test, to see if we're daft enough to reply. ;)
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:03 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
It depends if you had time to prepare that information beforehand or could remember enough event results off the top of your head, I'm using the assumption that the spa with algae on it only works once and the timetraveller didn't have time to make plans. There's also a risk of the butterfly effect where your conciousness effectively experiencies a different timeline.

If we try to picture the 4th dimension as a spatial dimension rather than a duration, then the whole universe is just one 4th dimensional frame at any point in time. If we observed ourselves from outside then our bodies would look like a long snake of different arrangements of matter for every place we have ever been, each frame one planck frame apart (shortest time = the time it takes the speed of light to travel 1 planck length).

In order for the 4th dimension to exist there must be upper dimensions to support it (the same way that the 1st and 2nd dimension requires the 3rd dimension to exist when you draw on a piece of paper, the ink isn't 0 thickness). The 5th and 6th dimensions are just different paths to different potential arrangements of matter in our universe. Our conciousness is just a 4th dimensional point travelling through a single line in the 5th and 6th dimensions, in one big 7th dimensional hypersphere that encapsulates all potential possibilities between the big bang and the end of the universe.

So personally in order to minimise the risk I would rather make some calculated speculation by investing the Betfair profits accumulated from 2000-2010 in Bitcoin and stocks that are likely to do well from 2010-2021 if all the indicators line up as being the same timeline that I already know, as opposed to risking my whole bankroll on Spain winning the 2010 World Cup or Tiger Roll winning the 2019 Grand National only for Bill Gates' butterfly to interfere with the result
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:03 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
It depends if you had time to prepare that information beforehand or could remember enough event results off the top of your head, I'm using the assumption that the spa with algae on it only works once and the timetraveller didn't have time to make plans. There's also a risk of the butterfly effect where your conciousness effectively experiencies a different timeline.

If we try to picture the 4th dimension as a spatial dimension rather than a duration, then the whole universe is just one 4th dimensional frame at any point in time. If we observed ourselves from outside then our bodies would look like a long snake of different arrangements of matter for every place we have ever been, each frame one planck frame apart (shortest time = the time it takes the speed of light to travel 1 planck length).

In order for the 4th dimension to exist there must be upper dimensions to support it (the same way that the 1st and 2nd dimension requires the 3rd dimension to exist when you draw on a piece of paper, the ink isn't 0 thickness). The 5th and 6th dimensions are just different paths to different potential arrangements of matter in our universe. Our conciousness is just a 4th dimensional point travelling through a single line in the 5th and 6th dimensions, in one big 7th dimensional hypersphere that encapsulates all potential possibilities between the big bang and the end of the universe.

So personally in order to minimise the risk I would rather make some calculated speculation by investing the Betfair profits accumulated from 2000-2010 in Bitcoin and stocks that are likely to do well from 2010-2021 if all the indicators line up as being the same timeline that I already know, as opposed to risking my whole bankroll on Spain winning the 2010 World Cup or Tiger Roll winning the 2019 Grand National only for Bill Gates' butterfly to interfere with the result
If Bill Gates' butterfly can change the course of history there's not much point in buying Amazon, Apple and Bitcoin stock. The companies might collapse. Even when you're fantasizing you can't get anything right!
ShaunWhite

alexmr2 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:37 pm
If we try to picture the 4th dimension as ...
Like one of your extended procrastinations, travelling through time pushing actual work further and further into the distance?
napshnap

As an aside, if anybody is interested in purchasing a DuoSpa S080 hot tub, only used twice, replacement filters included, please contact me Thanks.
So it's all were about selling his hot tub. Nicly played.
Most. Original. Ads. Ever. 8-)
Kai

I don't buy any of it at this point ;)

Anbell

Kai wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:52 am
I don't buy any of it at this point ;)

Nice graphics.

TBH I think it was probably genuine, but it did get me thinking: Imagine how much fun it would be to do the same with RaceStatsApp?

(MegaBrain: Imagine if RaceStatsApp itself is just trolling all of us)
Derek27

I think I'd rather go out train spotting than spend hours a day winding people up on an internet forum. Can't really see where the excitment/satisfaction comes from.

Return to “General discussion”