How can I automate placing bets with a stop loss?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
arbetour

I have managed to do it on the markets I want but the stop loss doesn't work at all.

My parameter settings are best market price, fixed amount, stop on opening bet, stop trigger 20 place at 30, tick place fill or kill,
Dallas

'Stop on opening bet' - is not a stop loss
you need to use one of the options with a stop
ie,
Offset bet and stop
Offset bet with greening and trailing stop
arbetour

I think I tried that but it didn't evenly lay the bet, how would you do that? Sorry, these must be terribly obvious questions but I've spent hour trying to get it to work as I want it to and it's not.

Edit: I've tried it again, bets pacing fine but the stop loss is not executing. Settings https://gyazo.com/111c2e2a7630ff7b01ea683247b05e8d
arbetour

Dallas wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 11:54 am
'Stop on opening bet' - is not a stop loss
you need to use one of the options with a stop
ie,
Offset bet and stop
Offset bet with greening and trailing stop
I have done that and just tried it again, it still doesn't work?
arbetour

I don't know what I did differently but it appears to be working now
arbetour

It executed on some games, now it's not working again. Changed nothing, in the games it worked in it hit the stop early, now it's not executing when it's hit the stop later in games?
Dallas

arbetour wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 2:06 am
It executed on some games, now it's not working again. Changed nothing, in the games it worked in it hit the stop early, now it's not executing when it's hit the stop later in games?
That sounds like you are not refreshing the markets quickly enough, this post will explain it further and show what to change
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491

If you still find markets it doesn't appear to trigger on its also worth checking the log below the bottom window in Guardian for each market, just to ensure it has triggered but just wasn't matched
Andrevw

I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere or if I may be missing something here ....

With the Stop Loss options - this appears only to be an option with an offset bet (greening or no greening)... if one is using a Dutching option or type of strategy there is no need for an offset bet as the backing of the margin maker covers that aspect - doesn't it?

My question is whether or not there is an option for adding a fixed bet with NO offset but a specified stop triggered and placed at the defined parameters.
Andrevw

Andrevw wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:20 am
I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere or if I may be missing something here ....

With the Stop Loss options - this appears only to be an option with an offset bet (greening or no greening)... if one is using a Dutching option or type of strategy there is no need for an offset bet as the backing of the margin maker covers that aspect - doesn't it?

My question is whether or not there is an option for adding a fixed bet with NO offset but a specified stop triggered and placed at the defined parameters.
Or am I correct in understanding that if I place the Offset at a large enough 'distance' the stop loss will trigger and therefore cancel the offset - sorry still trying to get my head around this...
Dallas

Andrevw wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:33 am
Andrevw wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:20 am

Or am I correct in understanding that if I place the Offset at a large enough 'distance' the stop loss will trigger and therefore cancel the offset - sorry still trying to get my head around this...
An offset bet is required to use a stop loss from the Global Settings area, but you can create a Servant that can place a bet with a stop loss and no offset bet
There is one here you can download which does this using a trailing stop, which you can edit so that it doesn't trail and is just a regular stop
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=17894
Andrevw

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:17 pm
An offset bet is required to use a stop loss from the Global Settings area, but you can create a Servant that can place a bet with a stop loss and no offset bet
There is one here you can download which does this using a trailing stop, which you can edit so that it doesn't trail and is just a regular stop
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=17894

Dallas thank you, and thank you for all your work here.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”