The sport of kings.
paspuggie48

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:27 pm
paspuggie48 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:16 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:46 pm

Newmarket & Goodwood look like they offered up the opportunity... I've never dutched before but hopefully this wil offer confidence in what I'm doing.

If anyone wpuld like to use it, I don't mind uploading the file. i'm sure paspuggie you have a neat Excel sheet that does the trick too.
I'm sure there will be a lot who would appreciate it, so by all means post it if you wish. Unfortunately I don't have a fandango spreadsheet to do that :o
While you're here I'd like to quiz you on power query. Is it possible to transform exported values and create a dashboard in excel that can be refreshed after each market.

For example, a version of the Switish spreadsheet that can be refreshed and monitored through out the day.

I know we can connect to a file with the saved csv files and power query can look at the data but cleaning it and getting it into a dashboard is where I'm lost.
Power Query can auto-refresh every minute if required or refresh the data when the workbook is opened. However, I would probably use a macro for this simple exercise because one can start/stop the programme when one wants. As long as your data is in a 'Table' then any graph that uses that information will auto update as more data is added, if that makes sense?
jamesg46

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:09 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:27 pm
paspuggie48 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:16 pm

I'm sure there will be a lot who would appreciate it, so by all means post it if you wish. Unfortunately I don't have a fandango spreadsheet to do that :o
While you're here I'd like to quiz you on power query. Is it possible to transform exported values and create a dashboard in excel that can be refreshed after each market.

For example, a version of the Switish spreadsheet that can be refreshed and monitored through out the day.

I know we can connect to a file with the saved csv files and power query can look at the data but cleaning it and getting it into a dashboard is where I'm lost.
Power Query can auto-refresh every minute if required or refresh the data when the workbook is opened. However, I would probably use a macro for this simple exercise because one can start/stop the programme when one wants. As long as your data is in a 'Table' then any graph that uses that information will auto update as more data is added, if that makes sense?
Sure does, thanks paspuggie.
Snaff

Is out of season jumps worth trading or give it a wide berth? I see we have plenty on this week 🙄
to75ne

Snaff wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:22 pm
Is out of season jumps worth trading or give it a wide berth? I see we have plenty on this week 🙄
most are ok to trade as long as there is adequate volume coming through. The Irish ones are usually very volatile compared to UK ones (some of the Uk ones can be very jumpy too).
Snaff

I’ll probs have a dabble but get the feeling it could be more problematic then it’s worth 😆
Emmson

This Bearcardi at Beverly seems awfully short to me, if |I had started my straight bet challenge with no trading this would be a selection.
Emmson

I did try and lay the bugger in-play but never got matched. It ran quite well but never thought it should be vying for favouritism
Emmson

A nasty burning some have just received at Kempton!
Emmson

I scrutinised that listed race at Curragh and decided Lunar Space was out of his depth but because he has a high class trainer thought he might offer value in-play. Not sure if I dodged a bullet, I did leave it offset only and not greening with the latter trades. I may not have looking at that bet ref id, thought I did.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

That line about irish racing markets being too volatile, thin and best leave alone I no longer subscribe to. In fact that may be its asset
Emmson

FALSE BREAKOUT of the important 3s crossover Noble Masquerade 16.51 Windsor
Emmson

I only nabbed 44p off it but if I my straight betting(no trading) challenge had been underway Noble Masquerade would have been another candidate, very short in a packed competitive field, especially when it busted through 3s for a short period.
Emmson

The last Bank Holiday went well for me too, up £55 today so far is never bad for someone who thinks he is still a newbie or intermediate on the nags. :D
jamesg46

Well done to all that participated. We succesfuly built a double wall from volume ticks to contain that pool of value :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

& in this market's episode...

Return to “Trading Horse racing”