Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 8:09 pm
The Wolves goal was like dropping a coin into your turnup. Not surprised WBA scored. But it makes no difference, sadly. They're gone. And for the record I like WBA. Having lived in Brum, WBA fans were realistic and romantic about the club's chances. Football, through and through.
Think I'd rather be a WBA fan than say a Crystal Palace fan, at least its interesting. You may have to suffer the occasional relegation but at least you have the occasional promotion to enjoy.

Being a Palace fan would be a bit like being in a relationship where you don't argue. Being a WBA fan you may be in a stormy relationship but at least you have the make up sex to look forward to!
Trader Pat

Mourinho is the new manager of Roma!

Didn't see that one coming. I think Mourinho is best suited to Italian football, reckon he could do well with Roma next season.
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:16 pm
Mourinho is the new manager of Roma!

Didn't see that one coming. I think Mourinho is best suited to Italian football, reckon he could do well with Roma next season.
He was flirting with all of their clubs days ago. Roma seem like the Italian version of Spurs, haters would say it looks like a bit of a downtrend :)

Makes sense, it's the last place where he has some credibility left :lol: Practically burned all the bridges elsewhere.

If he does well he can get another shot at a top Italian club. If not, after Roma he can always go back to Porto I believe, and maybe take over Portugal.
Trader Pat

Shouldn't be too much pressure on him at Roma, Top 4 would be progress, and his style of play won't be criticised.
jamesg46

He must of made more money from getting the sack over the past few years than a manager who has done well like Klopp or Pep. Cunning bugger.

Just an assumption... maybe early retirement is in his plans. The game seems to make him miserable so why not milk the cash cow for what it's worth and then sit back and laugh at the stupidity of those clubs hiring/firing him.
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:54 pm
He must of made more money from getting the sack over the past few years than a manager who has done well like Klopp or Pep. Cunning bugger.
It's something that often comes to mind when talking about José. Most scenarios are win/win for him at this point.

Remains to be seen who Spurs go for next, I wouldn't want to see Rafa there. I still think he has his tactical nous intact.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:58 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:54 pm
It's something that often comes to mind when talking about José. Most scenarios are win/win for him at this point.

Remains to be seen who Spurs go for next, I wouldn't want to see Rafa there. I still think he has his tactical nous intact.
The list of candidates doesn't really scream world class.
Morbius

Morbius wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:51 pm
Clubs like Tottenham/AS Roma/Monaco are his new level.

I hate to quote myself but here I was on April 16th :D
Euler

Surprised how quickly he landed a new job.
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:38 pm
Morbius wrote:
You called it! 👍

Thank God he didn't go into punditry yet to replace Michael Owen, I've grown quite fond of him in recent times.
Morbius

Euler wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:46 pm
Surprised how quickly he landed a new job.
He's still capable of doing a good job though Peter. Just not at the higher echelons anymore. He landed two trophies at MU and came close to getting Spurs one. No way Roma are overhauling Inter next season but he may land a cup somewhere in the next season or two
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:01 pm
Morbius wrote:
Morbius wrote:
You called it! 👍

Thank God he didn't go into punditry yet to replace Michael Owen, I've grown quite fond of him in recent times.

There's me having this image of you walking around your local shopping mall pushing the pram with a Liverpool shirt on with "OWEN" on the back :D
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Morbius wrote:
Actually might as well give me a name for the next Spurs manager and I'll have a look at the market :)

It has been a while since I played around with those, but I remember them fondly!
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:19 pm
Morbius wrote:
Morbius wrote:
Actually might as well give me a name for the next Spurs manager and I'll have a look at the market :)

It has been a while since I played around with those, but I remember them fondly!

Spurs manager prediction... :o are you serious Kai or are you just setting me up lol. They have a history of picking Christian Gross and AVB along with Martin Jol and Juande Ramos dont forget. CG could just be no 1 on the EPL list of worst ever managers
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:24 pm
Kai wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:19 pm
Morbius wrote:

Spurs manager prediction... :o are you serious Kai or are you just setting me up lol. They have a history of picking Christian Gross and AVB along with Martin Jol and Juande Ramos dont forget. CG could just be no 1 on the EPL list of worst ever managers
I am relatively serious, the market looks a mess with about 200 candidates. I had to laugh when I saw Diego Simeone backed at 50ish :lol:

I have no real opinion and no idea who it might be. Scotty Parker and Graham Potter seem to be slight market favorites.

Return to “Football trading”