Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:19 pm
Morbius wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:38 pm
Morbius wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:51 pm
Clubs like Tottenham/AS Roma/Monaco are his new level.
I hate to quote myself but here I was on April 16th :D
Actually might as well give me a name for the next Spurs manager and I'll have a look at the market :)

It has been a while since I played around with those, but I remember them fondly!

It's hard to call because their new "status" in their new stadium and ESL contenders could see them land a big name. Allegri has been out of work for a while and may fancy a crack at the Prem or they could go for a young gun like OGS/Arteta/Lampard type. Who knows with them.... Remember jacques santini 🙄
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:33 pm
Morbius wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:24 pm
Kai wrote:

Actually might as well give me a name for the next Spurs manager and I'll have a look at the market :)

It has been a while since I played around with those, but I remember them fondly!

Spurs manager prediction... :o are you serious Kai or are you just setting me up lol. They have a history of picking Christian Gross and AVB along with Martin Jol and Juande Ramos dont forget. CG could just be no 1 on the EPL list of worst ever managers
I am relatively serious, the market looks a mess with about 200 candidates. I had to laugh when I saw Diego Simeone backed at 50ish :lol:

I have no real opinion and no idea who it might be. Scotty Parker and Graham Potter seem to be slight market favorites.

Graham Potter :lol: what a lay.... The bet I mean.. Not him
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:33 pm
Morbius wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:24 pm
Kai wrote:

Spurs manager prediction... :o are you serious Kai or are you just setting me up lol. They have a history of picking Christian Gross and AVB along with Martin Jol and Juande Ramos dont forget. CG could just be no 1 on the EPL list of worst ever managers
I am relatively serious, the market looks a mess with about 200 candidates. I had to laugh when I saw Diego Simeone backed at 50ish :lol:

I have no real opinion and no idea who it might be. Scotty Parker and Graham Potter seem to be slight market favorites.

Diego Someone PMSL... that man won't rest until he wins another La Liga and the CL he feels was his. I just don't think Apoel Nicosia and Dundalk in the EL group stages will stir his loins :lol:
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:36 pm
Graham Potter :lol: what a lay.... The bet I mean.. Not him
A bit of a Freudian slip there Carl, have to be careful with those :D

Well it's a crap market but Brendan Rodgers has seen some decent activity, already missed some fun there!
Kai

Oh dear, Erik ten Hag backers seem to be having a rough week.
Morbius

I ought to chuck my hat in the ring for some of these jobs. My CV is impressive.

1. First person at school to complete the panini album for the 82 WC after I managed to swap Zico for Steve Archibald
2. The only person who could actually bend a player at Subbuteo I've ever met.
3. Had 17 centuries at keep uppy
4. Barcelona like at table football.
5. Ground it out for years supporting Sheff Utd
6. Took Macclesfield Town to the Championship with back to back promotions and an FA Cup quarter final and got a draw vs AC Milan in a preseason friendly on PS1s soccer manager

Are you seriously telling me that's not better than Christian Gross 8-)
Kai

Lol, don't get me started on how many trophies I've won in Football Manager, I'm not one to brag but I'm probably the best armchair manager around. Taking Vauxhall Motors FC all the way to the Premier League is not an easy task, I'll tell you that much.

I really hope Christian Gross is not your best guess, I needed Google's help to remind me who he is. But this market is practically a meme market, no idea what's Thomas Tuchel doing there, they'll add just about anyone.
Trader Pat

Get over yourselves...

I made Mansfield European champions!
Morbius

Kai wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:04 pm
Lol, don't get me started on how many trophies I've won in Football Manager, I'm not one to brag but I'm probably the best armchair manager around. Taking Vauxhall Motors FC all the way to the Premier League is not an easy task, I'll tell you that much.

I really hope Christian Gross is not your best guess, I needed Google's help to remind me who he is. But this market is practically a meme market, no idea what's Thomas Tuchel doing there, they'll add just about anyone.

Have you any idea Kai just how many Prems and CLs I would have won by now had I not stopped playing that stupid game out of principle. Probably 15 Prems in 12 seasons and the CL and EL double in the same season which has never been done before. I was up all night getting those promotions and was playing each game in real time to then be told I'd been sacked before the championship season started for over spending my budget... Bastard programmers
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:17 pm
Get over yourselves...

That's nothing.... I would have taken them to the World Cup semis at least
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Get over yourselves...

*pretends not to be impressed*

Not bad. Decent effort.
wearthefoxhat

Ralf would be a fair long-term pick. (If not for Spurs, for some other team in the Premier)

Ralf.png
Pic.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Get over yourselves...

I've been to Field Mill. My local butchers holds more people than that ground so how did you manage that budget wise with a 9k capacity crowd... That sounds as bent as Eurovision.... :D
Kai

Morbius wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:01 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Get over yourselves...

I've been to Field Mill. My local butchers holds more people than that ground so how did you manage that budget wise with a 9k capacity crowd... That sounds as bent as Eurovision.... :D
He either abused the load and save feature, or we are truly in the presence of greatness :shock:
Morbius

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:52 pm
Ralf would be a fair long-term pick. (If not for Spurs, for some other team in the Premier)

Ralf.png

Pic.png

PERFECT.... how perfect sounding does this guy sound for spurs. You can see the headlines now next January "Spurs sack Rangnick after just four months in charge"

Return to “Football trading”