Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
jamesg46

To the moon!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

An 18 year old out of the handicap is about to run in softening ground at Ayr, not sure I approve. See Double You
Emmson

I even saw the jockey give him a slap when he was out the back. :twisted:
Emmson

A packed 3 mile competitive handicap hurdle and less than 200K matched when race had finished at Southwell just now. DISMAL!
Emmson

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 1:16 pm
Well done to all that participated. We succesfuly built a double wall from volume ticks to contain that pool of value :lol:
I am INTRIGUED by all those trend lines, do some really see them as offering valuable info?
jamesg46

Emmson wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:07 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 1:16 pm
Well done to all that participated. We succesfuly built a double wall from volume ticks to contain that pool of value :lol:
I am INTRIGUED by all those trend lines, do some really see them as offering valuable info?
I can't speak for others and imo they're relevant depending on strategy. For example, maybe I'm trading the trend using the 1 minute chart & within my plan I offer to the market, maybe a good place to offer is around the moving average in anticipation of another bounce higher. Could be looking to trade reversals and a break down of a trend into the opposite direction etc etc.

I don't know what others find useful or use on their charts, I'm mainly focused on volume & price action but on certain trades I like to see all 3 trending in the same direction.
Snaff

Find myself going round in circle with these markets. Something can be profitable for a day or 2 and then revert back to zero. Everyone digging around for these little niche’s with in the market but the all seem to come up short. Yes one or 2 points may make a few quid but not much. Not enough to be paying 1000’s in premium charges. It’s all randomness in my opinion. Which makes me think are most of us completely missing the bigger picture? Just looking at a market and saying ahh that’s been backed or laid at certain points doesn’t seem right to me. Every man and his dog is trying to do that.
goat68

Snaff wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:02 am
Find myself going round in circle with these markets. Something can be profitable for a day or 2 and then revert back to zero. Everyone digging around for these little niche’s with in the market but the all seem to come up short. Yes one or 2 points may make a few quid but not much. Not enough to be paying 1000’s in premium charges. It’s all randomness in my opinion. Which makes me think are most of us completely missing the bigger picture? Just looking at a market and saying ahh that’s been backed or laid at certain points doesn’t seem right to me. Every man and his dog is trying to do that.
You're obviously not a member of the "inner circle" then?
I'm closing in, currently on nearly 1200 forum posts, Kai I think said 2000 needed...
Snaff

😂😂 brilliant
alexmr2

Snaff wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:02 am
I've experienced this and I'm sure many others have. Markets behave differently and it takes a lot of experience to recognise it, you have to adapt or die and that comes with practice. Something could be being backed and then it drastically changes in the last 3 mins, if you hold on to your original theory rather than adapting to what you see then you will lose. If you have a losing run then you start doubting yourself and trading irrationally even though the variance may have been completely normal. The variance can play a part in making you think that you've cracked it one day and that you are always wrong another
Last edited by alexmr2 on Wed May 05, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snaff

Thanks for the reply. I think the variance is something i struggle with but more due to not been truly confident in my approach. Guess all trial and error. Been some big stakes flying about on jumps and flat so far today.
Snaff

Just a steady 21k flying about at Kelso someone is up to no good 😆
Emmson

That Rachel Yank lass is very articulate on RacingTV, I have no idea if she is any good identifying winners but someone as articulate as that is a breath of fresh air compared to the characters William Hill Radio uses (bar Andrew Mount)
Snaff

Delayed at Worcester not sure why?
Emmson

The schedule is a dog's breakfast :twisted:

Return to “Trading Horse racing”