Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Kai

I am honour bound to support Modrick and I will never reveal why, that is all I will ever say on this topic. Enjoy your evening lads.
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 3:46 pm
I'm really torn to be honest, not sure who to root for!

I think Chelsea are a better team than Real at the moment but I think Real would have a better chance of beating City in the final. I keep changing my mind!!! :D

I know City easily beat Real over 2 legs last season but a final is a different ballgame and Real aren't going to get stage fright like maybe Chelsea would.

From a Liverpool fans pov though I have to cheer on Chelsea! If Chelsea do win the game between City & Chelsea on Saturday will be interesting watch. A City win would give them the title but how would both sides approach the game knowing they have a Champions League final in a few weeks?!

Your comment about stage fright is what I meant Pat. They are awesome in finals and haven't lost one since the 81 European Cup final. They are 9-0 in finals since then. I had to look up the two UEFA Cup finals lol

I know that run has to end and AM came very close a few years back but Real seem to either bomb out or go all the way.
Trader Pat

Morbius wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:50 pm
Your comment about stage fright is what I meant Pat. They are awesome in finals and haven't lost one since the 81 European Cup final. They are 9-0 in finals since then. I had to look up the two UEFA Cup finals lol

I know that run has to end and AM came very close a few years back but Real seem to either bomb out or go all the way.

No Ronaldo though, not even a Bale who can come off the bench.

On the plus side its a great opportunity for Benzema to be the main man and if Ramos is in Mortal Kombat mode anything's possible. And of course as Kai has said there's Modrick too!
Morbius

As an add on to what you said Pat... I really think that when the history of a club reaches a certain stage in a competition that this can not only affect the performances on the pitch but also the intimidation level for the opposition. Those white jerseys at Real must have an empowering effect similar to Liverpools red IMO. It's subtle and I may be reading more into it but despite all Man Utds dominance under Fergie... They never had that aura in Europe the same as Real or Liverpool did
Morbius

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:59 pm
Morbius wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:50 pm

No Ronaldo though, not even a Bale who can come off the bench.

On the plus side its a great opportunity for Benzema to be the main man and if Ramos is in Mortal Kombat mode anything's possible. And of course as Kai has said there's Modrick too!

Yeah it's not the same team but only 2pts off top in la liga and only two games away from winning the CL again so they can't be that bad :D
wearthefoxhat

ELO rankings for the top 16.

It does seem destiny for Man City this year to win this year, although a one off game could even things out a little, whoever they end up against. (Probably Real Madrid)

Europe.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

Manchester United v Liverpool rearranged to Thursday May 13, 8:15ko

United face Leicester on the 11th at 6pm then Liverpool 2 days later at 8:15 :o

3 games in 5 days for Utd!
Euler

Potentially tradable information right there.
Euler

Chelsea look really well organised at the moment. If they get to the final it could be a really intriguing one, not a slam dunk for City.
Morbius

I would be stunned if there wasn't a second goal in this game
Morbius

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 5:43 pm
ELO rankings for the top 16.

It does seem destiny for Man City this year to win this year, although a one off game could even things out a little, whoever they end up against. (Probably Real Madrid)

Europe.png

How are those elo ratings calculated does anyone know???
Euler

Morbius wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:53 pm
I would be stunned if there wasn't a second goal in this game
Chelsea have missed so many chances to put this to bed. Going to be a tense finish.
Euler

Suitable for laying something at short odds.
Trader Pat

Imagine what City would do to this Madrid team in the final?

Chelsea much better built to take on City, Madrid just don't have the legs especially in Midfield
Euler

Chelsea have really done a great job against RM. Final looks tasty now!

Return to “Football trading”