How to green up/take profit over time for large stakes with automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Therrm

Hello guys,

I recently started to scale my strategies but I usually end up not being able to benefit from the best price because I green up in 1 shot. While this wasn't a problem for stakes less than 100 EUR, this can become an issue for larger stakes.

What would be the best way to take profit over 30s-1min?

Can it be done with the back/lay rules and the % of net stake?
Rule 1: Place back bet with 25% of net stake
Rule 2: Place lay bet with 25% of net stake
WIll the back bet rule consider only the lay stakes and the lay rule only the back stakes?

I'm worried that this happens:
1) I have 400EUR of lay bets matched
2) The back bet rule triggers to take profit of 25% of the 400EUR and places a back bet of 100EUR --> that's what I want
3) The lay bet rule triggers for 25% of 400EUR and places a lay bet of 100EUR --> that's what I'm worried might happen

Can you confirm that the 3rd step will not happen and that Bet Angel considers the net stake as the reverse stakes only?

Thanks a lot
weemac

I only do back-to-lays on Guardian, but I really don't think what you're worried about would happen. Maybe Dallas can confirm. But you can put in a fail-safe condition e.g. only place lay bet if (back bets matched > lay bets matched), and vice versa. Another fail-safe is to set a signal for your original lays, and a different one for backs. Then your rule(s) can be set to fire only when the approriate signal is set. I feel happier having these fail-safes even if Guardian should never do what you're worried about in (3).

You'll also need to allow for large profits/losses (these are not contained within your net stake), cos that can leave you lopsided after all the action's done. I use a stored value to measure P/L, and use that to place a liability-related separate green/red as appropriate.

Also bear in mind that your net stake is reducing over the period ( so your second back/lay would be 25% of £300; not £400 - 3rd bet is 25% of £225, and so on). Therefore you'll either need to allow for that, and/or you'll need a final green/red adjustment at post time, or in play, or whenever.
Therrm

Thanks Weemac. Indeed, better be safe than sorry. Several fail-safe might be the way to go.
I think I'll store the stake that I want to green up front and then place a bet with this amount.
I'll try that and let you know how it goes :)
weemac

Sheesh - I hadn't even thought of storing the original stake as a value and closing against that. So simple, and better than using the built in '% of net stake' method.
Derek27

Therrm wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:58 am
Hello guys,

I recently started to scale my strategies but I usually end up not being able to benefit from the best price because I green up in 1 shot. While this wasn't a problem for stakes less than 100 EUR, this can become an issue for larger stakes.

What would be the best way to take profit over 30s-1min?

Can it be done with the back/lay rules and the % of net stake?
Rule 1: Place back bet with 25% of net stake
Rule 2: Place lay bet with 25% of net stake
WIll the back bet rule consider only the lay stakes and the lay rule only the back stakes?

I'm worried that this happens:
1) I have 400EUR of lay bets matched
2) The back bet rule triggers to take profit of 25% of the 400EUR and places a back bet of 100EUR --> that's what I want
3) The lay bet rule triggers for 25% of 400EUR and places a lay bet of 100EUR --> that's what I'm worried might happen

Can you confirm that the 3rd step will not happen and that Bet Angel considers the net stake as the reverse stakes only?

Thanks a lot
If you wanted to close in 5 bets, wouldn't you close for 20% of net stake, followed by 25%, 33%, 50% and then 100% or green?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”