Trading What I see !?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
decomez6

I think the biggest elephant in the room is …

GRANULARITY

The market can be observed from many different angles which will determine how you approach it.

1. art
2. science
3. both

How far are you willing to work on one approach and peel all the necessary layers. Are you ready to skin the cat .
All approaches will have to go through an evolutionary path. As the saying goes ‘ cut your losses and maximise your profits’ . You must be ready to take your approach through different conditions (selections) follow it to the very deep end.

example:
A make market approach ,throws in lay bets and back bets , entering the market when one condition is met and exiting the market when the condition is no longer present. This will be done manually or automatically (‘ garbage in garbage out ‘ holds true in both cases)
simple enough true? So you think …
Whether you are manually or algo trading
You will need to collect information and make a data base which will allow you to see the outcome ( long term / short term) of that approach and possibly make it profitable .
You will need to document and highlight where losses/ profits occur. What were all the variables in play and which variable is responsible for the final outcome ( green/ red P&L)
Q?
How many layers (variables)do you need to peel?
Answer:
ALL the layers that a BHA official will consider when HANDICAPPING and more .

Then test , test …sample …. Test again, test ….sample…sample….

Eliminate and evolve .

A costly hobby indeed.

NB: Bet angel guardian is the best shot you got, especially if your programming skills in other programming languages are insufficient or non existent .relatively easier to learn when compared to other programming languages , and yes it’s a programming language( under rated in my opinion).
decomez6

A must watch !
The market appears complex but the foundations incredibly are simple. Buy /sell ( binary)
A successful strategy will give you a Mandelbrot kind of result . You have to peel it all the way down to the most fundamental part of the strategy ( granular level). Until you are left with no where to go .
Once this is achieved and your P&L still showing GREEN :mrgreen:

Success is Mandelbrotly guaranteed

https://youtu.be/56gzV0od6DU
ged1200

I think I may have been misunderstood. What I took from the thread was as much about what not to do as what to do. For instance, it goes without saying (I would hope) that what works and what doesn't only becomes evident after trial and error - that is, testing in a methodical way. So I could empathize with Shaun's apparent exasperation that despite his advice and caution, the testing of parameters and conditions wasn't happening to the degree necessary to determine if something might actually work or not. Watching this and many other scenarios all play out on the thread was compulsive "viewing" and valuable from an educational standpoint, as well as being entertaining although sometimes a little frustrating!

The leap from manual to auto before manual trading skills were developed to a level of profitability wasn't surprising and is probably what the great majority of new traders do, usually out of desperation. The lesson learned here is that manual or auto, there is no easy answer. It would be interesting to know how many newbies have made that early leap and succeeded. I suspect not very many, does anyone know?

I've got a lot from the thread, and using a little discernment I hope that many others will too.
goat68

ged1200 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:17 pm
I think I may have been misunderstood. What I took from the thread was as much about what not to do as what to do. For instance, it goes without saying (I would hope) that what works and what doesn't only becomes evident after trial and error - that is, testing in a methodical way. So I could empathize with Shaun's apparent exasperation that despite his advice and caution, the testing of parameters and conditions wasn't happening to the degree necessary to determine if something might actually work or not. Watching this and many other scenarios all play out on the thread was compulsive "viewing" and valuable from an educational standpoint, as well as being entertaining although sometimes a little frustrating!

The leap from manual to auto before manual trading skills were developed to a level of profitability wasn't surprising and is probably what the great majority of new traders do, usually out of desperation. The lesson learned here is that manual or auto, there is no easy answer. It would be interesting to know how many newbies have made that early leap and succeeded. I suspect not very many, does anyone know?

I've got a lot from the thread, and using a little discernment I hope that many others will too.
Perhaps i should have called myself Guinea Pig!
goat68

Coming up to my 1 year anniversary of this thread at the end of this month.
250 pages!

So i've roughly calculated my trading losses for the year at the beginning of this month was -£400, so if I can make £400 this month I breakeven for the year :D :D
Trader Pat

goat68 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:34 pm
250 pages!

So i've roughly calculated my trading losses for the year at the beginning of this month was -£400, so if I can make £400 this month I breakeven for the year :D :D
That's really good going for a full year 👏👍
gazuty

goat68 wrote:
250 pages!

Pretty good value for a hobby/ entertainment, not to mention the intellectual stimulation and comraderie - mental health benefits of community and purpose cannot be underestimated.

Well done Goat.
darchas

gazuty wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:09 am
goat68 wrote:
250 pages!

Pretty good value for a hobby/ entertainment, not to mention the intellectual stimulation and comraderie - mental health benefits of community and purpose cannot be underestimated.

Well done Goat.
Love this perspective!
ged1200

+1 👍
goat68

gazuty wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:09 am
goat68 wrote:
250 pages!

Well done Goat.
You make a very good point here, as I actually tried my hand at this during lockdown, the forums and camaraderie has been very beneficial
goat68

We're losing it....... :-(
goat68

I hope England have neen training with Derren Brown !
goat68

Darn!
But can we still have a bank holiday tomorrow?
Kai

Have you been restricted to posting only in this thread Mr Goat?? I hope not :)
goat68

Kai wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:28 pm
Have you been restricted to posting only in this thread Mr Goat?? I hope not :)
I don't want to bother others with my drivel!

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”