bet dispute on betfair

A place to discuss anything.
wabash

i want to contact the ombudsman, or gambling commision.

how can I contact them ?

Bbbbetfair golf is a thieve, the said I was up 800 pounds at half way and they kept showing me a mus 700 pounds for the last two days.

Their stuff does not reconcile, I had the same problem with them with the US asters last year. They are robbers, i am going to court with them if need be.

but who has the address or contact details for an ombudsman
jamesg46

I'm sure this issue pops up once a year & usually it turns out the person trading or betting didn't understand the rules of the market?
jamesedwards

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:37 pm
I'm sure this issue pops up once a year & usually it turns out the person trading or betting didn't understand the rules of the market?
Yes, isn't it something to do with the cut and selections getting removed from the market?
Derek27

wabash wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:00 pm

how can I contact them ?

Bbbbetfair golf is a thieve, the said I was up 800 pounds at half way and they kept showing me a mus 700 pounds for the last two days.

Their stuff does not reconcile, I had the same problem with them with the US asters last year. They are robbers, i am going to court with them if need be.

Not again. How did your last court action go?

viewtopic.php?p=254555#p254555

I notice you were given advice about this before but never responded.

viewtopic.php?p=242759#p242759
jamesg46

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:56 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:37 pm
Yes, isn't it something to do with the cut and selections getting removed from the market?
No idea, I don't trade or bet on it. I've seen it pop up over the years though. Judging by Derek's comment the op should have learned the lesson from last year.
jamesedwards

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:59 pm
wabash wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:00 pm

how can I contact them ?

Not again. How did your last court action go?

viewtopic.php?p=254555#p254555

I notice you were given advice about this before but never responded.

viewtopic.php?p=242759#p242759
:lol:
Derek27

You can't say I didn't warn you wabash!
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:19 am
wabash wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:51 pm
it is a serious maket, your money will be matched quickly.

i am holding back a bit, i want to take advantage of th over round.

i will slow my activity 4 hours before the cut, the push hard the third day, i do not plan to trade the last two hours , i might takea view in the last two hours.

i do nt want to give away my strategy, but i am expecting bumper profits, this might be a 10 millions matched markets i stated trading at 1 million pounds.

the only shame is this sort of markets are not every week. only the uspga and ryder cup will be this strong.
Usually when you make bumper profits Betfair rob you of all the money. ;)
wabash

it is high time the trolls we keicked off this forum, why are these people still here,

moderators should take actions against the morons
jamesg46

wabash wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:24 pm
it is high time the trolls we keicked off this forum, why are these people still here,

+1 morons that don't want to learn or listen should be given a BA execution... death by memes and piss taking.

On a serious note, nobody has trollied you, they're just pointing out reality... if you can't deal with that then the people on this forum aren't for you. Hate it or love it, they'll tell you the truth.
gazuty

wabash wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:24 pm

The answer is reasonably clear. When the cut occurs, selections are removed from the market. If you back a cut selection in the winner market - that selection is a loss.

From what you say earlier - I expect you have been a layer. Any selection that you have layed and is cut will be added to your bank as a win (and an amount of "retained" commission will be deducted from your bank). That amount "added" to your bank will also be deducted from every other "live" outcome. So you layed person X for $500. Before the cut, you are showing +$500 on every other selection and - $500 x (odds -1) on X.

X is "cut" $500 is added to your bank and $25 is deducted from your bank and $0 shows up against those other selections because you bank has been credited the $500.

Now, things get really interesting (and much more challenging to figure out) if you layed some people beyond the cut and also layed some people who are still live or if you have layed the filed as a whole and tried to complete the book. If you have done that, for every selection that is still live, to get your "true" position on the market, you need to add back the "winnings" that have been notiionally credited to your account. Go to your P&L and check that. Then you need to do a manual adjustment to add that back in those winnings to see the outcome per selection.

If you have back and layed in both the live and beyond the cut markets, again you need to manually work out your "true" market position - it is just even more complicated again.

Also I suggest a read of viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23699

In particular the section Seeking help and providing information

Then have a listen to the following tune and realise Betfair is not to blaime, other forum members are not to blame. The Romans, slavery, colonial expansion - all irrelevant. Only you are responsible for your own actions.

Is it getting better?
Or do you feel the same?
Will it make it easier on you now?
You got someone to blame
(U2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftjEcrrf7r0)
megarain

Gazuty - Recommended for BA helping hand award - and even crackjack pencil.

U have more patience than me - invariably advice is lost or just wasted.

(The student who wanted help etc - WTF happened to him - I must have spent 2 hrs on him - disappeared)

There is only so much u can do.
Derek27

megarain wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:19 am
Gazuty - Recommended for BA helping hand award - and even crackjack pencil.

U have more patience than me - invariably advice is lost or just wasted.

(The student who wanted help etc - WTF happened to him - I must have spent 2 hrs on him - disappeared)

There is only so much u can do.
+1. I found that helpful myself as I don't trade golf and was wondering what the hell the cut's all about.

Nice try Gazuty, but the OP has a tendency to ignore useful advice. Sometimes when you lose money there's a bit of satisfaction in knowing or believing that it wasn't your fault and you've been robbed or someone else is to blame. That said, you would think the clue is in the fact that Betfair only appear to be robbing the OP. :)
wabash

i am going for arbbitration with the ibas.

please get your accounting systems ready, when you start being consistent in your profit taking, they are going to get one on you.

they are going to test your systems.

do not start complaining to them bbbefore you have downloaded your tranactions on a spread sheet. the profit and loss column is a moving target.

if they start claiming that they cannot see what you are seeing, you know that is a lie.

i going to record every type i put on a bet on video. download the logs.

go to their website and download, profits and loss column.

now if i go to their website and see the profit and loss for the first two days of the british open. there is a payout at the 36 hole.

i told the agent that my seven day win is 1111 pounds profit, they changed it bbefore my very years to 111 pounds.

now they claimed to have paid 844 pound profits at the 36 holes, which is fair.

but at the end of the tournament, the total all the stakes and said you have lost 27 pounds. to lose at that rate at the halfway point, i would not have been able to put any stakes on.

your payments at 36 hole cut. is your profits - minus your liabilities= net profits.

when i said i was going to arbitration, they never gave me a reference number.

if i am losing 27 pounds, they should tell me what percentage is that in 3000 bets. it is so small it does not exist.

maybe they want to know how i am beating the consistently and i going to give my game away.

At the 36 hole, i am withdrawing whatever profits, i made. i might put them back on the next morning.

i am not letting of the hook by not placing bets, i am just recording everything on video.

i should have known that they are up to no good. at the 36 hole they offered me 100 profits cashout. but an hour later they paid 844 now that is when i should have argued hard with them.

then they offered a cashout of 100 pounds minus 777 after the halfway pay.

like i said i am demanding the full payout at 36 holes, i am not having another bet until i have been fully paid.

i am saving my smoking gun arguments for arbitration.

if i had the charts, for the main contenders i would show them that they are frauds.

if anyone this betfair is a nun, you know they offer take sp in horse racing? does it always work? how much profits are they making of that?

here comes the trolls, you are worse than women on heat.
Euler

Because there are 150+ players in a tournament the cut will remove half the market and Betfair settle those bets at that point as they can no longer win.

This is how it's been done since day one on Betfair with Golf tournaments. Your partially settled P&L will look completely different from the tournament P&L.

I use two accounts to trade the first two days and the last two for this reason.
Derek27

wabash wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:30 pm
i am going for arbbitration with the ibas.

please get your accounting systems ready, when you start being consistent in your profit taking, they are going to get one on you.

they are going to test your systems.

do not start complaining to them bbbefore you have downloaded your tranactions on a spread sheet. the profit and loss column is a moving target.

if they start claiming that they cannot see what you are seeing, you know that is a lie.

i going to record every type i put on a bet on video. download the logs.

go to their website and download, profits and loss column.

now if i go to their website and see the profit and loss for the first two days of the british open. there is a payout at the 36 hole.

i told the agent that my seven day win is 1111 pounds profit, they changed it bbefore my very years to 111 pounds.

now they claimed to have paid 844 pound profits at the 36 holes, which is fair.

but at the end of the tournament, the total all the stakes and said you have lost 27 pounds. to lose at that rate at the halfway point, i would not have been able to put any stakes on.

your payments at 36 hole cut. is your profits - minus your liabilities= net profits.

when i said i was going to arbitration, they never gave me a reference number.

if i am losing 27 pounds, they should tell me what percentage is that in 3000 bets. it is so small it does not exist.

maybe they want to know how i am beating the consistently and i going to give my game away.

At the 36 hole, i am withdrawing whatever profits, i made. i might put them back on the next morning.

i am not letting of the hook by not placing bets, i am just recording everything on video.

i should have known that they are up to no good. at the 36 hole they offered me 100 profits cashout. but an hour later they paid 844 now that is when i should have argued hard with them.

then they offered a cashout of 100 pounds minus 777 after the halfway pay.

like i said i am demanding the full payout at 36 holes, i am not having another bet until i have been fully paid.

i am saving my smoking gun arguments for arbitration.

if i had the charts, for the main contenders i would show them that they are frauds.

if anyone this betfair is a nun, you know they offer take sp in horse racing? does it always work? how much profits are they making of that?

here comes the trolls, you are worse than women on heat.
Who exactly is that post addressed to?

If you go to abertration I can assure you they won't make head from tale of what you said - nobody will.

Gazuty went to a lot of trouble to explain to you what's happening and even I found it informative. If you're going to ignore his post you're not likely to get help from anyone else.

Return to “General discussion”