Automated Bookmaking in BA

Help improve Bet Angel.
Archery1969

Hi,

Is it possible in BA to automate the bookmaking function ?

Example:
- At x time before event start we begin monitoring a market.
- Back book% >= 110% or a config value.
- Offer lay prices to the market being back_price + 1, taking into account any bets already matched plus new bets that when combined would keep the book above 100%. This would be repeated every 2 seconds etc.
- Once all bets are matched and every selection P&L > 0 then stop
- If at x time before the start we have open bets and the book is not complete then greenup to spread the loss.

I know its possible in other software as I have already done it but its a very clunky and old interface with slow refresh rate.

If not then think I may get it custom built using same dev who did my other ones.

Cheers,
jtrader

Hi,Archery1969! I think it could be easy to do that automation if there is a BA function like "IF...THEN...".May be that could be suggestion in the next versions of that excellent software!
Anbell

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:44 pm
Hi,

Example:
- Offer lay prices to the market being back_price + 1, taking into account any bets already matched plus new bets that when combined would keep the book above 100%. This would be repeated every 2 seconds etc.
- If at x time before the start we have open bets and the book is not complete then greenup to spread the loss.

I know its possible in other software as I have already done it but its a very clunky and old interface with slow refresh rate.

If not then think I may get it custom built using same dev who did my other ones.

Cheers,
Which bit are you struggling with?
jtrader

Anbell wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:41 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Hi,

Example:

Cheers,
I think the problem is counting matched and unmatched bets to combine and form new book.Not only number of them,but exactly which of selection is matched and which is unmatched.
Archery1969

jtrader wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:15 am
Anbell wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:41 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Hi,

Example:

Cheers,
I think the problem is counting matched and unmatched bets to combine and form new book.Not only number of them,but exactly which of selection is matched and which is unmatched.
+ 1
sionascaig

The issue is there is no easy way to monitor selection liability & hence selection / overall exposure.

see viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23678

You can create a bot as described in above thread to approximate liabilities but until until there is another enhancement you will be reliant on approx exposures...

+1
firlandsfarm

jtrader wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:15 am
I raised a thread on counting unmatched bets a couple of months ago but didn't get any response :( I solved my issue by a counting loop, storing the count in an SV and comparing it with earlier SV's to see if the count had reduced.

I also remember Tuco raining the issue of automating. viewtopic.php?f=20&t=22165

Good Luck
decomez6

when Dallas remains mute on a query there is usaully an easy way around it ( remain corrected), may be SVs and history lists is the solution to the problem.
i have this example servant to help you see how i retrieve total netstake from the market.

1. backs- everytime the price moves up 1,2, or 3 ticks

2. lays- when the price does the reverse.

3. stores all your netstakes bets as SV `n`

4. adds up all the n `still available in the market and stores the info as a new SV `Total n ` ,therefore highlighting your exposure.

NB: you can take sv `Total n ` and display it on the ladder.that way you know how much of your bets are exposed.

hope it helps , atleast for the timebeing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sionascaig

It can't be done unless you can monitor liability by selection (see above).

Counting bets is not the solution, and you also have to deal with partial matches..

It is possible to create a bot to "make book" but only approximately.

If more folk plus1 the link above hopefully BA will consider the enhancement.
Dallas

sionascaig wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:06 am
The issue is there is no easy way to monitor selection liability & hence selection / overall exposure.

see viewtopic.php?f=20&t=23678

You can create a bot as described in above thread to approximate liabilities but until until there is another enhancement you will be reliant on approx exposures...

+1
I'm not sure if people are getting crossed wires here and wanting to count/include exposure of unmatched bets they have in a market/on a selection or just those which have been matched.

If its the later then unless im still missing something as I said in that thread its just a case of storing the P/L of a selection (either the selection being traded or the one with the greater liability), either way its the same process and is demonstrated with this example using custom columns on the one-click screen
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=23981
mcgoo

Hi-me again. Had a good scan..still here for now so..yay :D I still am an abject failure at trading but...
Got bored staring at a wall and tried this and got it working.The vwap idea is a good one and it works but you have to put protections in cos if the price/vwap moves (bit hazy on how I did this but I managed it to some degree) massively it can hurt you by more than 50% more liability per runner (I wasn't 100% successful at mitigating but that could have been chemo brain so I'll have a look when I have the cycles )
I managed to write the thing in python-not perfect but very satisfying. Be great to see Total Liability per selection as an enhancement sometime

PS: Friggin favs murdering me today with this but love seeing code work so best losing day :shock: ;)

Hope everyone is well and green(edit: as much as possible :) ).
:) :mrgreen: :ugeek:
Anbell

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:00 am
Hi-me again. Had a good scan..still here for now so..yay :D I still am an abject failure at trading but...
Got bored staring at a wall and tried this and got it working.The vwap idea is a good one and it works but you have to put protections in cos if the price/vwap moves (bit hazy on how I did this but I managed it to some degree) massively it can hurt you by more than 50% more liability per runner (I wasn't 100% successful at mitigating but that could have been chemo brain so I'll have a look when I have the cycles )
I managed to write the thing in python-not perfect but very satisfying. Be great to see Total Liability per selection as an enhancement sometime

PS: Friggin favs murdering me today with this but love seeing code work so best losing day :shock: ;)

Hope everyone is well and green(edit: as much as possible :) ).
:) :mrgreen: :ugeek:
Great news mcgoo!
gazuty

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:00 am
Got bored staring at a wall and tried this and got it working.:
https://vimeo.com/364831920

Go McGoo Go - because you Sir are alive.
Trader Pat

Yeah well done McGoo, good to see you're still going strong
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Nice to see you still active and carrying on the fight McGoo

Return to “Suggestions”