RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
JasBarrow

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:32 pm
Subtle difference. Derek replied without answering (well, he did in a roundabout way). I just didn't bother replying to you at all. So obviously there was interest in the conversation from 2 participants. With our conversation I had no interest in replying or carrying on the discussion.
I see, so in order for you to converse with somebody there has to be interest from both parties? That hasn't stopped you previously when trying to bait people though has it?

I actually never expected you to answer my question from the other day, how could you? You had already admitted to baiting people so there's no rational explanation you could give as to why you do it. It's a shame it takes place on this forum, it belongs more on social media where faceless people do it all the time.
jamesg46

JasBarrow wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:10 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Subtle difference. Derek replied without answering (well, he did in a roundabout way). I just didn't bother replying to you at all. So obviously there was interest in the conversation from 2 participants. With our conversation I had no interest in replying or carrying on the discussion.
I see, so in order for you to converse with somebody there has to be interest from both parties? That hasn't stopped you previously when trying to bait people though has it?

I actually never expected you to answer my question from the other day, how could you? You had already admitted to baiting people so there's no rational explanation you could give as to why you do it. It's a shame it takes place on this forum, it belongs more on social media where faceless people do it all the time.
It depends on how you view baiting. If you're making a comment in order to provoke discussion then that's normal. It's the comment that's the important aspect and how people will respond. Any forum needs discussion & you could say that ranting in itself is more suited to social media, but you're here engaging... there are multiple threads with multiple discussions but you somehow have found yourself in the rant thread and in particular the rant thread talking to me, both of which you seem to disagree with. Strange how people work.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:21 pm
JasBarrow wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

It depends on how you view baiting. If you're making a comment in order to provoke discussion then that's normal. It's the comment that's the important aspect and how people will respond. Any forum needs discussion & you could say that ranting in itself is more suited to social media, but you're here engaging... there are multiple threads with multiple discussions but you somehow have found yourself in the rant thread and in particular the rant thread talking to me, both of which you seem to disagree with. Strange how people work.
Right, so you want to provoke discussion, but you don't want smart or expect smart people to reply - they know you're baiting. :roll:

I think JasBarrow may have been wondering why you would actually want to provoke such a discussion. Or perhaps I should ask, why do you actually go out of your way to offend people?
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:14 pm
I'm hardly the best person to post this as I'm undeniably one of the worst offenders but..

In recent months we've (& if you like, i) have become wrapped up in forum debates, endlessly one after the other.

It's got to the point where I believe that, I & others are literally looking for opportunities to direct negativity towards others, maybe we've become so stale? Although there is some great times too!

My point is, nobody really cares about our spats, we do maybe, but looking in from the perspective of someone just joining the forum, we're not helping. I love seeing fresh faces, fresh conversations & i honestly believe we're stunting that growth.

Pat, Derek & the countless others I've purposely offended (gone out of my way to do so), fuck you & long may it continue.... JUST JOKING! Sorry boys, let's bury it & be mindful of how intimidating we can come across in an environment that should be welcoming.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:45 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
JasBarrow wrote:

Right, so you want to provoke discussion, but you don't want smart or expect smart people to reply - they know you're baiting. :roll:

I think JasBarrow may have been wondering why you would actually want to provoke such a discussion. Or perhaps I should ask, why do you actually go out of your way to offend people?
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:14 pm
I'm hardly the best person to post this as I'm undeniably one of the worst offenders but..

In recent months we've (& if you like, i) have become wrapped up in forum debates, endlessly one after the other.

It's got to the point where I believe that, I & others are literally looking for opportunities to direct negativity towards others, maybe we've become so stale? Although there is some great times too!

My point is, nobody really cares about our spats, we do maybe, but looking in from the perspective of someone just joining the forum, we're not helping. I love seeing fresh faces, fresh conversations & i honestly believe we're stunting that growth.

Pat, Derek & the countless others I've purposely offended (gone out of my way to do so), fuck you & long may it continue.... JUST JOKING! Sorry boys, let's bury it & be mindful of how intimidating we can come across in an environment that should be welcoming.
I didn't ask or tell anyone not to reply... I think the purpose of baiting on any particular topic is actually promoting people to reply, so I'm not so sure I understand your thinking that I don't want or expect people not to reply.

The post you quoted is a perfect example... like I said to JasBarrow previously, I didn't see the conversation going anywhere, he thinks I'm a nasty piece of work so a conversation between him and I may have lead to me offending him... so I left it alone.

We may not be agreeing on the current topic but I don't think I've been offensive, not purposely anyway. I may have been sarcastic & if that's perceived as offensive then I can only apologise.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:20 pm
I didn't ask or tell anyone not to reply...
You've got it the wrong way round. JB was criticizing you for demanding that I DO reply, but you don't yourself if you don't want to.
jamesg46 wrote:
We may not be agreeing on the current topic but I don't think I've been offensive, not purposely anyway. I may have been sarcastic & if that's perceived as offensive then I can only apologise.
I wasn't suggesting you were deliberately being offensive on this occasion, or even offensive at all. I was just asking why you would want to go out of your way to be offensive, as you previously said in the post I quoted. It's something most of us leave behind in our teenage years.
JasBarrow

jamesg46 wrote:
There's a difference between baiting someone and setting a framework to provoke discussion, they are not the same thing. The other day you and I had a discussion, that discussion ended when you chose not to answer the question I posed. As you have noted a discussion needs more than one participant. Baiting however is the act of trying to solicit an emotional response, if it doesn't work the first time you try try and try again until the other person responds, it's a bullying tactic.

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:29 pm
The people who are pretty smart, unlike yourself knew i was baiting, hence they didn't reply... they had no Interest in a relentless back and forth.
Above are your words from the other day verbatim. You say that people smarter than I, know your baiting so don't respond. Another take from your words is that you bait people in order to have a relentless back and forth as you put it. That again poses the question Why?
jamesg46 wrote:
It depends on how you view baiting.
Baiting has a very clear definition, it doesn't have multiple interpretations.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:38 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
You've got it the wrong way round. JB was criticizing you for demanding that I DO reply, but you don't yourself if you don't want to.
jamesg46 wrote:
I wasn't suggesting you were deliberately being offensive on this occasion, or even offensive at all. I was just asking why you would want to go out of your way to be offensive, as you previously said in the post I quoted. It's something most of us leave behind in our teenage years.
Well I think in most arguments/debates I've been in with people on this forum, both sides have purposely tried to offend... that was me apologising for my side of the offensive behaviour. Shame that the others felt they were above apologising and burying the past.

I've seen you offend multiple people in my time on this forum... so I'm assuming you're not counting yourself in the "most of us" comment.
jamesg46

JasBarrow wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:40 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
There's a difference between baiting someone and setting a framework to provoke discussion, they are not the same thing. The other day you and I had a discussion, that discussion ended when you chose not to answer the question I posed. As you have noted a discussion needs more than one participant. Baiting however is the act of trying to solicit an emotional response, if it doesn't work the first time you try try and try again until the other person responds, it's a bullying tactic.

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:29 pm
The people who are pretty smart, unlike yourself knew i was baiting, hence they didn't reply... they had no Interest in a relentless back and forth.
Above are your words from the other day verbatim. You say that people smarter than I, know your baiting so don't respond. Another take from your words is that you bait people in order to have a relentless back and forth as you put it. That again poses the question Why?
jamesg46 wrote:
It depends on how you view baiting.
Baiting has a very clear definition, it doesn't have multiple interpretations.
Piss off a bullying tactic. My posts are open to criticism from all... I don't think a bully invites others upon them, they attack others.

Besides, I don't think I'm so high and mighty that I'm in a position to bully someone with a comment.

I've had debates and arguments on this forum but I've never threatened or given the impression that I'd be a threat... others have spoke about smacking people in the mouth, I see that as a bully, not some meaningless comment.

This is you and I done... if your perception is that I'm a nasty piece of work bully then there really isn't any point in us talking & I'd rather walk away because any conversation we have will only head one way.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:45 pm
Derek27 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:
Well I think in most arguments/debates I've been in with people on this forum, both sides have purposely tried to offend... that was me apologising for my side of the offensive behaviour. Shame that the others felt they were above apologising and burying the past.

I've seen you offend multiple people in my time on this forum... so I'm assuming you're not counting yourself in the "most of us" comment.
Speak for yourself James, that is absolute bollocks! You are the only one who purposely tries to offend.

Has anyone actually said that I offended them or is it just your assumption?

And if/when I have offended who are you to say that it was my intention? As I said, most people leave that sort of behaviour behind when they leave school.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:15 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Speak for yourself James, that is absolute bollocks! You are the only one who purposely tries to offend.

And if/when I have offended who are you to say that it was my intention? As I said, most people leave that sort of behaviour behind when they leave school.
I've not said it was your intention but you're right to point out that it's my interpretation. Maybe I'm wrong but you've been in a few debates yourself where people have responded negatively to what you've said to them. I can only come to the conclusion that they wouldn't of responded negatively if they weren't offended by you.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

I've not said it was your intention but you're right to point out that it's my interpretation. Maybe I'm wrong but you've been in a few debates yourself where people have responded negatively to what you've said to them. I can only come to the conclusion that they wouldn't of responded negatively if they weren't offended by you.
You're conclusion's wrong, plain and simple. If somebody think's I'm talking utter bollocks they will often say so, which is in itself a negative response. Doesn't mean they're in anyway offended just because I have a different point of view.
greenmark

jamesg46 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

TBH I wish you two excellent ranters would return to railing at : people, life and organisations outside the forum; uncompliant inanimate objects and vomiting cats. Much more fun. :-)
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:25 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

You're conclusion's wrong, plain and simple. If somebody think's I'm talking utter bollocks they will often say so, which is in itself a negative response. Doesn't mean they're in anyway offended just because I have a different point of view.
Imo, I think things like suggesting that somebody is a nazi is purposely being offensive but that's just my interpretation... who knows, everyone else might love being called that. So yeah, my assumption that you exclude yourself from "most of us" I'll stick with, plain & simple.
jamesg46

greenmark wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:30 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

TBH I wish you two excellent ranters would return to railing at : people, life and organisations outside the forum; uncompliant inanimate objects and vomiting cats. Much more fun. :-)
:D
JasBarrow

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:08 pm
Piss off a bullying tactic. My posts are open to criticism from all... I don't think a bully invites others upon them, they attack others.

Besides, I don't think I'm so high and mighty that I'm in a position to bully someone with a comment.

I've had debates and arguments on this forum but I've never threatened or given the impression that I'd be a threat... others have spoke about smacking people in the mouth, I see that as a bully, not some meaningless comment.
Bullying manifests itself in different ways. It doesn't have to be threatening behaviour or smacking people in the mouth. All bullies whatever the type get off on power. Baiting people on a forum can be just as much of a power trip as physically intimidating someone on the street. Words that are used to bait others into an endless back and forth (your words not mine) don't constitute a meaningless comment.
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:08 pm
This is you and I done... if your perception is that I'm a nasty piece of work bully then there really isn't any point in us talking & I'd rather walk away because any conversation we have will only head one way.
Ending the conversation on your terms is ok by me, but maybe give the same courtesy to others in the future rather than trying to bait them into a conversation in the first place.

Return to “General discussion”