New beta version of Bet Angel v1.57.0 - Now on general release

Dabbla

It works fine in 'factory default' but changes back after changing layout.

Version 2004(OS build 19041, 1165)
Display settings are 100%
spock

Hi.
It's a bit strange but factory default showed same problem for me.
Build is....Version21h1(os build 19043,1165)
I've not got into this build much, so not seen anything else yet.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:08 pm
It works fine in 'factory default' but changes back after changing layout.

Version 2004(OS build 19041, 1165)
Display settings are 100%
This Test PC is a slightly later Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1165), so you could try moving to a later version of Windows, but if your looks ok with factory default layout, then it's probably the measurements saved into the layout profile itself, and the solution will be to recreate your preferred layout from scratch and save. I don't think your settings profile will be affected, so you should be able to continue using those.

We've moved to a slightly later version of .NET with this build, so that in combination with any subtle font changes, display driver changes or Windows updates on your PC since that layout was last saved, could be causing a variation in the vertical height of that window. It doesn't sound like something we could detect in the code, so creating a new layout is the solution.
Derek27

I like the facility to format numbers as currency. Hate seeing that I've won 4.3 pounds. :D
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

spock wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:33 pm
It's a bit strange but factory default showed same problem for me.
That's odd. We'll try on a few different PCs to see if we can recreate it. Maybe we can just make the outer frame of the window resizable, so if it happens to be the wrong size on a particular PC it can be resized and saved.
spock

Hi.
I had multiple instances open for the first reply.
I shut every thing down and opened one instance with factory default settings, clock problem is now ok.
Sorry for the hasty first reply.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

spock wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:15 pm
Hi.
I had multiple instances open for the first reply.
I shut every thing down and opened one instance with factory default settings, clock problem is now ok.
Sorry for the hasty first reply.
No problem. It does look like a v56 layout when imported into v57 changes the size of the window, so most likely due to this change in .NET version.
During the afternoon we've experimented with allowing the countdown window to resize and that seems to work ok, so will roll that out in the next bug fix build.
Derek27

I'm half-cut now so I may be missing something but I'm not sure the value based colour settings recognises zero or negative numbers. I'd expect the -£3.00 under 'Worst case' to be coloured red in all 3 of those images?
Capture2.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:36 am
I'm half-cut now so I may be missing something but I'm not sure the value based colour settings recognises zero or negative numbers. I'd expect the -£3.00 under 'Worst case' to be coloured red in all 3 of those images?
Capture2.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG
It works with zero (I've got an example same as yours that changes the P/L colour at 0
1.JPG

and I've just double checked it again using a negative and here it is using -0.48
2.JPG

So it's an alcohol error
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
decomez6

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:53 am
  • Various formatting, rounding, extraction, truncation options are available.
enjoying the new copy and paste options, great :D !

does the above quote refer to rounding of stored value to one decimal place or a truncation ? does it apply?
where can i find the new changes especially truncation

Much thanks.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

decomez6 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:45 pm
Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:53 am
  • Various formatting, rounding, extraction, truncation options are available.
does the above quote refer to rounding of stored value to one decimal place or a truncation ? does it apply?
where can i find the new changes especially truncation
All the options are available when storing a value as text.
If your value is currently being stored as a number in a stored value, but you want special formatting for display (perhaps at the top of the ladder),
then you can use your numeric SV as the source for your text value.
e.g.
sv_for_display.png
decomez6

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 pm

All the options are available when storing a value as text.
Excellent :shock:

a whole new world !

thank you
elofan0

anyone elses Grid layout change everytime they log out .... that never happened before .. mine changes to the first one in my list not the one i use
Dallas

elofan0 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:27 pm
anyone elses Grid layout change everytime they log out .... that never happened before .. mine changes to the first one in my list not the one i use
Your grid layout is saved as part of the settings profile you are using.

You need to re-save your settings profile if you want it to load a new/different grid layout
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:45 am
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:36 am
Capture2.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG
It works with zero (I've got an example same as yours that changes the P/L colour at 0

1.JPG

and I've just double checked it again using a negative and here it is using -0.48

2.JPG

So it's an alcohol error
Have you tried it in Guardian? In the screenshot below I've had to change the threshold to 0.01 to get it to work so zeros appear in red. I'm guessing the currency formatting has something to do with it?
Capture.PNG

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”