Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

gutuami

PDC wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:00 pm
The rules that apply, it is all about whether Betfair turn the market inplay at any point (though note the difference for Australian racing):
1.4 Horseracing and greyhound racing markets - not suspending at the time of the 'off'

In relation to markets which are scheduled to be turned in-play, Betfair aims to use its reasonable endeavours to turn such markets in-play at the time of the 'off'. The time of the 'off' for such markets should be set out in the Market Information. However, regardless of what it says in the Market Information, Betfair does not guarantee that such markets will be suspended and turned in-play at the time of the 'off'.

If a market is scheduled to be turned in-play but Betfair does not, at the official time of the “off”, either (i) turn such market in-play or (ii) suspend the market and cancel unmatched bets, all bets matched after the official time of the “off” will be void.

If a market is scheduled to be turned in-play but Betfair does not suspend the market at the time of the “off” (so unmatched bets are not cancelled at that time), but the market is intentionally turned in-play at a later time during the event, all bets matched after the official time of the “off” will stand, except for Australian Horse Racing, where all bets matched after the “off” but before the point in time that Betfair turns the market in-play, will be void.
what is the point of take SP than? I new that bets will be voided. but did not know that they will void take sp as well.
to75ne

gutuami wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:09 pm
PDC wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:00 pm
The rules that apply, it is all about whether Betfair turn the market inplay at any point (though note the difference for Australian racing):
1.4 Horseracing and greyhound racing markets - not suspending at the time of the 'off'

In relation to markets which are scheduled to be turned in-play, Betfair aims to use its reasonable endeavours to turn such markets in-play at the time of the 'off'. The time of the 'off' for such markets should be set out in the Market Information. However, regardless of what it says in the Market Information, Betfair does not guarantee that such markets will be suspended and turned in-play at the time of the 'off'.

If a market is scheduled to be turned in-play but Betfair does not, at the official time of the “off”, either (i) turn such market in-play or (ii) suspend the market and cancel unmatched bets, all bets matched after the official time of the “off” will be void.

If a market is scheduled to be turned in-play but Betfair does not suspend the market at the time of the “off” (so unmatched bets are not cancelled at that time), but the market is intentionally turned in-play at a later time during the event, all bets matched after the official time of the “off” will stand, except for Australian Horse Racing, where all bets matched after the “off” but before the point in time that Betfair turns the market in-play, will be void.
what is the point of take SP than? I new that bets will be voided. but did not know that they will void take sp as well.
would seem to be pointless taking after the offical off time, just before and up to the offical off time.
PDC

gutuami wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:09 pm
They only void the bets matched after the race starts so if you have a pre-race bet set to take sp which is then not matched once the race gets underway and Betfair at no point put the market inplay then that bet will still stand and will be settled at the SP.

The problem is that like in the race today the race was run which meant the winner was matched at 1.01 and all the losers matched at 1000.0 (I didn't check that was the case today but is likely to happen as people are betting not realising the market isn't inplay) therefore all lay bets on the winner matched after the race started will be voided and vice versa for all the losing horses.

The reason for this situation I believe is that keep bets and take sp bets were 'invented' as an after thought but at that time it was too late/costly to do what happens in financial markets. That being the ability to truly roll the market back to any point in time and see the true status at that point of all bets.

That would be the right and fair thing to do as all bets could then be settled as they were meant to be and all bets placed after the race started could be voided when people 'should' know the market hasn't gone inplay as it was supposed to.

But I guess it is a lot easier and cheaper to write the rules as it is than do what is right and fair.
Derek27

I'm seeing back bets on the ladder several ticks below the best back price!
Derek27

Wonderful April fools joke. :lol: Should that be in the last 36 months?
Capture.PNG
I only visited the Betfair forum to see if there was any info about the weekend's exchange malfunction but that's the only post on the service thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shuffler

This also happened to me on WTA Tennis on Fri night. Incurred losses too
Katla

Shuffler wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:30 pm
This also happened to me on WTA Tennis on Fri night. Incurred losses too
Apparently Betfair is still investigating it, one customer losses reached 40k pounds.
PDC

Betfair seem to be very slow turning some horse racing markets inplay today, worryingly so, especially the Wincanton races. Anyone else noticed this?
gutuami

bets inplay at fake 13.38 appear with a delay of 5 sec
Euler

I just logged out and can't log back in again.
Euler

Now I can, but tested web site and that was very slow.
Euler

Looks like a temporary blip?
PDC

1350 at Fairview played up pre-race and took a long time to go inplay and something was odd about Bet placement.

Website also didnt load correctly for a moment.

API page says all okay but not convinced.
PDC

On going issues with market settlement during the period issues were reported. Betfair are aware of the 'technical issues' that are causing these delays. It has affected both the exchange and for once the sports book as well.
paspuggie48

I loaded my cards earlier and closed BA. A couple of hours later I've booted it up to find lots of race details missing.

Checking the website I see blanks and no markets. Anyone else experiencing this?

Screenshot 2021-10-16 112715.png
Screenshot 2021-10-16 113011.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”