RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

FFS, how ignorant do they think I am?
Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
weemac

I'm evidently more ignorant than you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:58 pm
Capture.GIF
When I used to work in an office and they started having problems with the internet, the IT team checked each persons internet usage and mine was 50x higher than most of the other staff. Luckily I set my internet history to autodelete when they checked it. Not sure why I lost that job a few months later :)
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:33 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:58 pm
Capture.GIF
When I used to work in an office and they started having problems with the internet, the IT team checked each persons internet usage and mine was 50x higher than most of the other staff. Luckily I set my internet history to autodelete when they checked it. Not sure why I lost that job a few months later :)
I spent 10 minutes trying to find the Fast Show sketch of the guy called into the boss's office for his search history and used dyslexia as an excuse, but I couldn't find it. :(
Derek27

I was standing outside my front door, door closed, sorting out my recycle waste and an Amazon guy came up to me and gave me my parcel. Somebody could have been loitering outside my house and he'd have walked off with my parcel!
Derek27

flipping Sky Sports Red Button. 3 minutes before the Georgia match and it's not even available!
Derek27

It would be nice if they told you what Sky channel to press the red button on! :x
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:57 pm
flipping Sky Sports Red Button. 3 minutes before the Georgia match and it's not even available!
Hope you're not trading off those pictures.

Not sure about the UK but I was watching the Serbia - Portugal game yesterday behind the red button and it was over 2 minutes behind live here.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:57 pm
Hope you're not trading off those pictures.

Not sure about the UK but I was watching the Serbia - Portugal game yesterday behind the red button and it was over 2 minutes behind live here.
I'm more focused on the ladder than the pictures but it doesn't seem too far behind.
Derek27

I've twice ordered from ASDA recently. They annoyingly take a penny out of your account to make a wish that everything is in stock (reminds me of a certain group of people that used to use the exchange). Then they take the full price. Then they text you to say the beer's not in stock. :x :x

I'm now trying Morrisons. They say they don't charge you until the order's delivered. :)
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:14 pm
I've twice ordered from ASDA recently. They annoyingly take a penny out of your account to make a wish that everything is in stock (reminds me of a certain group of people that used to use the exchange). Then they take the full price. Then they text you to say the beer's not in stock. :x :x

I'm now trying Morrisons. They say they don't charge you until the order's delivered. :)
Do you order fresh stuff? Meats etc?

We have always found they dick you on the expiration or best before etc. Supposed they are trained to do it that way.
Derek27

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:32 pm
Derek27 wrote:

We have always found they dick you on the expiration or best before etc. Supposed they are trained to do it that way.
I was just going to have another rant about that. Got a tomato out of my food cupboard half-covered in mould. Best before 18 Nov!! I realise it's been sitting in Port Calais for two weeks but it should say best before 2 weeks ago!

I only ever order beer from supermarkets as I don't have a car, but they can't even get that right.
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:44 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

I was just going to have another rant about that. Got a tomato out of my food cupboard half-covered in mould. Best before 18 Nov!! I realise it's been sitting in Port Calais for two weeks but it should say best before 2 weeks ago!

I only ever order beer from supermarkets as I don't have a car, but they can't even get that right.
You can get beer on Amazon. They never cock up!
Dallas

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:53 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:

They just won't be accepting Visa credit cards for payments from the UK after 22nd Jan 2022
Realrocknrolla

Dallas wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:02 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:53 pm
Derek27 wrote:

They just won't be accepting Visa credit cards for payments from the UK after 22nd Jan 2022
Yeah I saw that. To be fair my experience of the costs of visa and the credit machines can mount up.

Least it is after crimbo.

Return to “General discussion”