Lay the Ex-Leader (if now 3rd or lower & Travelling Slower) - Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on In-Running horse racing markets

The bot will place a lay bet using a £10 liability stake at the 3rd best market price when the following conditions are met for a runner
>Runner must have previously led the race*
>Runner is now in 3rd position or worse*
>Runners average speed in last 10 secs is slower than the runner currently in 1st position*
*(by actual race position not betting order)

Please note you will need to be using at least V1.58 to use this file, if you are using a older version you can download V1.58 from here
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro

This rules file will also require an active subscription to Total Data Performance to use the real-time GPS data
https://www.tpd.zone/subscribe/

How it works and using the Rules File
Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can edit those (or any other parts of the file) anyway you want or remove them and add your own rules to use the recent form very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

Please refer to the 'Note' tab for a more detailed explanation on how each rule works and how it may be connected/linked to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

Downloading and Importing the Files
To use the file just click on the 'Lay the ex-Leader.baf' link below and that will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the pick list area just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mickypaul72

Hi does anyone know how to apply the Tpd key code to bet angel, thanks
Dallas

mickypaul72 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:30 am
Hi does anyone know how to apply the Tpd key code to bet angel, thanks
You enter it on the 'Total Performance Data' page in your main settings area
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/tot ... ata_2.html
greety

Is anybody using TPD with any success? There does'nt seem to be a lot of reaction to it, positive or negative.
Martybhoy99

Thinking the same. Has anyone used this outside of BA? Their coverage is less than 50% of the available courses.

Worth it if you can get a strategy with a high strike rate. I think you need to be paying the £100 pm to get anything from it.

Any experienced users care to comment?
megarain

Martybhoy99 wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:25 pm
Thinking the same. Has anyone used this outside of BA? Their coverage is less than 50% of the available courses.

Worth it if you can get a strategy with a high strike rate. I think you need to be paying the £100 pm to get anything from it.

Any experienced users care to comment?
I have never made money on automation - TPD hasn't enabled me to turn that corner, but it's an interesting distraction.

I don't think I will renew the monthly fee.
RichB747

Hi Dallas
I have used both of your TPD Automation files to try and build an automation file, on laying a horse at a certain race position at a set percentage of the race with the horse traveling equal or slower to the leader
I think i might be close to it working, but something is clashing i fear!. I would be grateful if you could have a look at the file for me. Thank you
I am not too sure how to upload the file to you.
Dallas

RichB747 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:48 pm
Hi Dallas
I have used both of your TPD Automation files to try and build an automation file, on laying a horse at a certain race position at a set percentage of the race with the horse traveling equal or slower to the leader
I think i might be close to it working, but something is clashing i fear!. I would be grateful if you could have a look at the file for me. Thank you

The attachments button is directly below the message window you type the text, highlighted at the bottom of the OP here
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16838

From what you've said there shouldn't be that much to change but i'll need to know what position the horse has to be in and at what percentage of the race for it to trigger so I know if they've been entered in the right place
RichB747

RichB747 wrote:
Hi Dallas
Thank you for your reply Dallas
So, it should be to Lay the third position Horse at 75% of the race with "less than or equal to" on the "10 sec average speed" to the Leader, with a "gap to second" of 10 distance to the Leader. The rules I have attached just now I think need adjusting to acheive the above.
It might be just me not grasping it too well, but if anyone else benefits by your help Dallas it will be a bonus! Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

RichB747 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:15 pm
RichB747 wrote:
Hi Dallas
Thank you for your reply Dallas
So, it should be to Lay the third position Horse at 75% of the race with "less than or equal to" on the "10 sec average speed" to the Leader, with a "gap to second" of 10 distance to the Leader. The rules I have attached just now I think need adjusting to acheive the above.
It might be just me not grasping it too well, but if anyone else benefits by your help Dallas it will be a bonus! Thank you.
I've made the required changes, on the Store Position and %Remaining rule I Stored the value of the speed into History list 1, and then created a stored value calculated from a range (last 10secs) from History list 1 and called that stored value 'average_speed_10secs'
So the condition on your lay rule now has a stored value to test against

It also needed a further Set/Modify stored value rule to calculate the distance between 2nd and 3rd, this now stores a value named 'gap_to_second'
again so the condition on your lay rule has a stored value to test against

You said you wanted it to trigger when 3rd place was at 75%, but I've left this as greater than 75% (less than 25%), as they will only be at 75% distance for a second or two so you wouldn't get many triggers waiting for all your conditions to be met at this exact moment in the race - but if you do need it at 75% specially it can be changed

As always give it a go in PM first
RichB747

Thank you so much Dallas
We are all very lucky to have your expertise on these matters, I will study the set up and try to grasp the procedure of building automation files.
I am very grateful for your time in helping me, I know I would have been a very long time trying to figure it out. Thank you Dallas.
danielrc33

Greeting Dallas and members of the Forum. I am looking for some guidance in my Bet Angel and Automation journey.

I took Dallas file 'Lay the exleader' as source and edited some Parameters according to what I would like Automation to do. However when attempting to run the bot, no bet is trigger.

I am currently using a TPD subscription and the following is what I want the automation to do:

---
To place a lay bet on 'Any Selection' with a $0.01 stake at odds of 1000.

at 10% of the race remaining if 'Any Selection' is 10 meters or more behind of the leader and has lower speed than leader.

To place the bets ALL these conditions MUST be TRUE;

The number of Matched Bets is equal to 0.

The number of Unmatched Bets is equal to 0.

The data from TPD must have been updated during the last 0.5 secs - so you know the information you are getting is up to date.

There is 10% or less of the race remaining (Race is about to finish).

Selection 'Any selection' is 10 meters or more behind the leader.

Selection 'Any selection' has lower speed than the leader.
---

If anybody could take a look at the .baf file and tell me what could be wrong with the sets of instructions it would be awesome.
Lay with TPD.baf

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:27 am
This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on In-Running horse racing markets

The bot will place a lay bet using a £10 liability stake at the 3rd best market price when the following conditions are met for a runner
>Runners average speed in last 10 secs is slower than the runner currently in 1st position*

Please note you will need to be using at least V1.58 to use this file, if you are using a older version you can download V1.58 from here

This rules file will also require an active subscription to Total Data Performance to use the real-time GPS data

Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can edit those (or any other parts of the file) anyway you want or remove them and add your own rules to use the recent form very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

Please refer to the 'Note' tab for a more detailed explanation on how each rule works and how it may be connected/linked to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

To use the file just click on the 'Lay the ex-Leader.baf' link below and that will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the pick list area just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

Dallas

danielrc33 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:57 pm
Greeting Dallas and members of the Forum. I am looking for some guidance in my Bet Angel and Automation journey.

I took Dallas file 'Lay the exleader' as source and edited some Parameters according to what I would like Automation to do. However when attempting to run the bot, no bet is trigger.

I am currently using a TPD subscription and the following is what I want the automation to do:

---
To place a lay bet on 'Any Selection' with a $0.01 stake at odds of 1000.

at 10% of the race remaining if 'Any Selection' is 10 meters or more behind of the leader and has lower speed than leader.

To place the bets ALL these conditions MUST be TRUE;

The number of Matched Bets is equal to 0.

The number of Unmatched Bets is equal to 0.

The data from TPD must have been updated during the last 0.5 secs - so you know the information you are getting is up to date.

There is 10% or less of the race remaining (Race is about to finish).

Selection 'Any selection' is 10 meters or more behind the leader.

Selection 'Any selection' has lower speed than the leader.
---

If anybody could take a look at the .baf file and tell me what could be wrong with the sets of instructions it would be awesome.

Lay with TPD.baf

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:27 am

Notes.JPG

I can't see anything obvious that should stop this from triggering, except maybe the 'Stored Value Distance from Leader' which doesn't need an adjustment in the second half of the window so you could try removing that

Also have double checked the log and automation tab below the bottom window in Guardian to see if the lay bet is actually being placed but just not matched?

If after removing the adjustment off the Stored Value you still can't see the lay bet being placed post back and i'll test the rule here later this afternoon to see if I can spot where it's failing
danielrc33

Thanks Dallas for your fast reply! I'll try it out on the weekend.
delghisallo

Hi Guys,

I'm after some help if possible, I've added an additional stored value for the percentage of race remaining, and set a condition for the signal to only start looking for horses that led the race, after 5% of the race is completed, the idea being that this gives the race time to settle down. However, the lay doesn't seem to to trigger now, so I've obviously done something wrong, but can't see what?? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

Return to “TPD / Total Performance Data”