Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Realrocknrolla

Emmson wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:39 pm
I'm Cottoning On, I'm Cottoning On! :D
😂😂👏👏
PDC

I don't remember having afternoons in the jump season with just 2 UK meetings on. I know it is more common on the flat in the height of summer to have just 2 afternoon meetings on Mondays and Tuesdays but I can't remember it being so common, if at all, on the Jumps in prior seasons?

Next week for example we have just 2 afternoon meetings on:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Sunday

The following week:

Monday
Tuesday
Sunday

I'd much prefer they just had some blank days of racing and then 3 meetings on the days they do race, though I know that might not suit others.

Is this a new thing for 2021/22?
Realrocknrolla

PDC wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:41 pm
I don't remember having afternoons in the jump season with just 2 UK meetings on. I know it is more common on the flat in the height of summer to have just 2 afternoon meetings on Mondays and Tuesdays but I can't remember it being so common, if at all, on the Jumps in prior seasons?

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Sunday

The following week:

Monday
Tuesday
Sunday

I'd much prefer they just had some blank days of racing and then 3 meetings on the days they do race, though I know that might not suit others.

Unsure if it applies to jumps but I remember reading and it coming into play that Jockeys can ride one course a day and can no longer travel between etc… something on them lines.

Unsure if that is a reason either.

Shall we just blame Covid, seems the thing to do. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
PapaShango

PDC wrote:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Sunday

The following week:

Monday
Tuesday
Sunday

Think they started doing it a bit earlier in the year, having two day time meetings then an AW starting late afternoon into early evening. January 11/12, 18/19 had a similar set up.

I agree though on the blank days. I don’t see why they try to keep stretching it out. Next Monday for example, why not just have 3 afternoon meetings at 10 minute intervals and keep the evening blank.

Let the stable and industry staff have an earlier finish for once. It wouldn’t do any harm to have the odd few blank evenings , give people a break. People aren’t going to stop watching horse racing because there is an evening with none on.

If anything, the opposite is happening, people aren’t watching, because following it takes up way too much time and effort.
Euler

PDC wrote:
We need less quantity and more quality. Dire cards recently with little betting interest.
wearthefoxhat

Maybe they're trying to stretch out the prize money a little further....
PapaShango

The scheduling just always seems daft. On days with lots of racing when they should be trying to space it out they have it so it’s all clashing, then have 20/30 minutes between races on days like today when nothing would have clashed anyway. Could have just done it all in an afternoon.
Emmson

The best race of the day but only 419K matched :roll: when big priced Madame Tantzy crosses the line 1st (matched at 380)

Only has a handicap mark of 81, a very bad listed race so it seems.
Realrocknrolla

Emmson wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:27 pm
The best race of the day but only 419K matched :roll: when big priced Madame Tantzy crosses the line 1st (matched at 380)

Only has a handicap mark of 81, a very bad listed race so it seems.
50/1 and 80/1 SP 1st’s back to back at Kempton is a nice double if anyone caught it. 🤣🤣🤣
paspuggie48

Newb 1.15pm, Jonbon drifting like Mr Drifter from Driftwood Town in Driftwoodshire

Earlier matched at 1.55, now 2.54

Screenshot 2021-11-26 113627.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Korattt

think I’ve got into a habit of losing much less these days 📉📈 👍🏻
PDC

Bangor is off.

Newcastle and Newbury monitoring.

Small fields no doubt next week now that it has rained a little the trainers will be complaining it was the wrong kind of rain, it was the wet sort and so no suitable for their runners :lol:
Euler

Some really strong moves so far today.
Realrocknrolla

Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:38 pm
Some really strong moves so far today.
Today’s the day we see if Rachel Blackmore has plateaued like Holly Doyle.
Realrocknrolla

Marble Sands will find this next race tough to beat Mr Glass although the trainer is doing ok at the min.

Probably a nice lay. 🤷‍♂️

Return to “Trading Horse racing”