How much notice does Bet Angel give to let you know your annual subscription is about to expire?

A place to discuss anything.
CallumPerry

I run a script to login and load the markets every morning on a server and it has been working great for months now but my subscription ends at the end of the month and I now have a pop-up box asking me to buy a new serial code. I'd like to add some more lines to my script to account for this so would like to know how much notice exactly BA gives before this dialogue box pops up with a yearly subscription please?
Realrocknrolla

Month I think. 🤷‍♂️
to75ne

i am sure if you was to renew it now, it will just carry on seamlessly onto your new subscription when your current sub runs out.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The popup message reminding you about an expiring licence will only occur during login, but occurs with about 4 days to go until expiry. You'll also receive reminder e-mails from us with about a week to go.
However any time in the month before expiry you can buy and register a new serial number to extend your expiry by the purchased number of days. That way you don't lose any days from your current licence, but also ensure uninterrupted service.
phil

Mine poped up yester day saying 23 days 23 mins
phil

so I would see that as 24 days
bennyboy351

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:46 pm
The popup message reminding you about an expiring licence will only occur during login, but occurs with about 4 days to go until expiry. You'll also receive reminder e-mails from us with about a week to go.
However any time in the month before expiry you can buy and register a new serial number to extend your expiry by the purchased number of days. That way you don't lose any days from your current licence, but also ensure uninterrupted service.
A bit like getting the old 'Jam-Jar' (car) MOT'd early then. :-)
Derek27

It is excessively long. I never pay for anything much earlier than I have to. :)
CallumPerry

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:54 pm
It is excessively long. I never pay for anything much earlier than I have to. :)
I'm of the same mindset. I'm super organised with the renewal date on my calendar but I don't want to pay until I have to aha

It's more so making sure my script doesn't fail in the month prior just because I'm not ahead.

I did notice 24 days as the first time I saw the pop-up this year also thank you. Bit annoying since I keep on top of my emails also but I'll make a little workaround. Thank you guys!
Derek27

Ideally, you should get an email for an annual subscription one month, and then one week before it expires. The pop-ups should start three days before expiration. Anyone who forgets to renew their BA subscription is probably beyond help. :)
andy28

What you guys log out?!?!
Derek27

andy28 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:15 pm
I log in once or twice a day but if I'm using practice mode I may frequently be logging out and back in. Even if I'm not using practice mode I like to reboot my device after 8-10 hours. It's far less likely to crash, frees up any leaked memory, etc.
andy28

I have practice mode running nearly 24/7 gathering all my data and testing strategies. I need to run it thru the night for the football and in the morning I am processing all of that, then time to load for the racing during the day. So currently I only shut down maybe twice a week, sometimes less. Maybe I need to find a time during the day
CallumPerry

andy28 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:15 pm
Yeah :lol: I like to restart the server semi-frequently, like Derek said for memory leaks and updates etc. I agree, anyone who misses their annual subscription is in another realm of stupid :lol: watch me miss mine this month now aha
Derek27

andy28 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:24 am
I have practice mode running nearly 24/7 gathering all my data and testing strategies. I need to run it thru the night for the football and in the morning I am processing all of that, then time to load for the racing during the day. So currently I only shut down maybe twice a week, sometimes less. Maybe I need to find a time during the day
Do you need a licence to do that, or is it safe to continuously download price data as long as you're regularly trading as well?

Return to “General discussion”