Australian racing

The sport of kings.
eightbo

and the first traded SO GOOD, hopefully a sign of good things to come
Derek27

I'm having a dismal session so far but early days.
gazuty

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:17 am
Derek, you probably already know this - sorry if this is a captain obvious comment, but main action is the Gold Coast Magic Millions meeting today.
Lutruwita

It is unbelievable what has happened to the in-play market in Australia.

It is near impossible to get a bet matched anywhere near SP now for a horse near the front. It used to be easy. There's no movement now.

I suppose it's the market becoming more efficient? But how is an expected leader which SPs at $10 reaching $3 before you can even get to the horse (i.e within seconds)? Or is the market now just dominated by people with quick vision who shape the market to their whim?

Edit: Further to what I was saying, there's just not laying pressure now to push prices back towards sane levels, so it just sits there. Take horse this week which jumped at $200 and it lead and the price fell to $6 with plenty of money there to lay at that stupid price. But why is no one taking it? I am assuming the layers have been wiped out.
Last edited by Lutruwita on Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

gazuty wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:27 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:17 am
Derek, you probably already know this - sorry if this is a captain obvious comment, but main action is the Gold Coast Magic Millions meeting today.
Yes, you reminded me four years ago. :lol:
gazuty wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:51 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:20 pm
Saturday starts early down-under, all excited with Randwick and Flemington being on. :D
Probably a bit late for me to add this, but main action at Gold Coast today.
I have mixed results at the big meetings but Rosehill's usually effortless for me. It's not playing ball today.
gazuty

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:38 am
Yes, you reminded me four years ago. :lol:
:shock: + :lol:
Derek27

Much better second half but still far short of last week.
eightbo

great session but thanks to GCst/Flem, not rosehill where i lost money this wk, which is p. rare

in reflection for Rosehill this backing activity on higher priced runners would suggest back entry should mostly be taken first there, will keep it in mind for next week
Nero Tulip

Apologies, I have a bit of an ignorant / silly question regarding Aussie racing... can anyone remind me if there are any special rules or conditions regarding commission or charges for Australian stuff ? I seem to recall there was/is but not sure what.... i'm up early doing the tennis, so thought I'd take a look.
Euler

Nero Tulip wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:54 am
Apologies, I have a bit of an ignorant / silly question regarding Aussie racing... can anyone remind me if there are any special rules or conditions regarding commission or charges for Australian stuff ? I seem to recall there was/is but not sure what.... i'm up early doing the tennis, so thought I'd take a look.
Good to see you around, haven't seen you for a while. Hope you are well?

Yes, charges are much higher and there is a turnover charge for NSW racing, so avoid that generally.

https://www.betfair.com.au/hub/commissions-and-charges/
Nero Tulip

Euler wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:02 am
Nero Tulip wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:54 am
Good to see you around, haven't seen you for a while. Hope you are well?

Yes, charges are much higher and there is a turnover charge for NSW racing, so avoid that generally.

https://www.betfair.com.au/hub/commissions-and-charges/
I'm well thanks Peter ! hope you are too ? must have a catch up when the pandemic eases! Many thanks for the reply. Just had a read through, the NSW stuff seems prohibitive! Seems focused on back bets, so if i was exclusively laying on NSW, that would seem ok (?). Been impressed with the size of some of the markets today! I can see the appeal.
Derek27

eightbo wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:03 am
great session but thanks to GCst/Flem, not rosehill where i lost money this wk, which is p. rare

in reflection for Rosehill this backing activity on higher priced runners would suggest back entry should mostly be taken first there, will keep it in mind for next week
I was hoping to go through the year without ever losing at Rosehill, which I've almost done in the past two years, but I missed the start for one race and lost 20 ticks. :(
Derek27

Randwick's trading like old times again. :D
Lutruwita

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:35 am
Still going ok?
Derek27

Aarondewit wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:44 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:35 am
Still going ok?
Cooled down a bit but R3 and 4 were good. I'm not trading anything other than Randwick, I'm keeping an eye on the tennis.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”