Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
MemphisFlash

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:25 am
in the main they are driven by the fear of losing.
thx firlandsfarm......totally agree. "Trading" has done such a good job at distancing itself from betting that it's made learning it harder than it needs to be. I'm afraid 'stop losses' are just another thing borrowed from financials that really don't apply. Stop losses were only ever used so traders could get some sleep or have a weekend off, they were never used as anything other that insurance against devisation and never part of an actual strategy. They've got their place on long duration markets you don't want to watch that can suddenly move quickly such as Next Pres, ie their original purpose, but that's about it.
MemphisFlash

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:34 am
Undockedstar wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:00 pm
Hi, does anyone successfully dutch greyhounds? Initially I seem to have started alright, after 2000 races I noticed over all losses from certain tracks so removed those tracks but now not going so well. Could someone possibly give me some pointers? Or just a good book or video starting point? Happy to learn just a bit lost!
IMO tracks are important when you understand their idiosyncrasies. Using the Timeform Racecards info;
https://www.timeform.com/greyhound-raci ... -17/978007

Sunderland
Sunderland.png

Pelaw Grange
PelawGrange.png

In the case of dutching, it's important to define if the favourite is value in the race and is suited by the track profile. Then eliminate other runners using various other factors/data, until you are left with 1 or 2 dangers to the value favourite.

This dutching approach can also be used on horse racing, although there's more data points to consider.

you keep giving me ideas

Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trade_Green

Good evening,

I'm wondering would anyone be kind enough to post up a few of the automation files shared by Dallas please.? I'm interested in having a play at the greyhounds and would appreciate a look at this files to trigger and idea or two.!

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your evening.

TG
Michael5482

Morning All

Had a look around the internet this morning and https://greyhoundstats.co.uk/ along with Timeform appear to supply the best greyhound information data wise. Is there any other recommendations?

Cheers
wearthefoxhat

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:34 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:34 am
Undockedstar wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:00 pm
Hi, does anyone successfully dutch greyhounds? Initially I seem to have started alright, after 2000 races I noticed over all losses from certain tracks so removed those tracks but now not going so well. Could someone possibly give me some pointers? Or just a good book or video starting point? Happy to learn just a bit lost!
IMO tracks are important when you understand their idiosyncrasies. Using the Timeform Racecards info;
https://www.timeform.com/greyhound-raci ... -17/978007

Sunderland
Sunderland.png

Pelaw Grange
PelawGrange.png

In the case of dutching, it's important to define if the favourite is value in the race and is suited by the track profile. Then eliminate other runners using various other factors/data, until you are left with 1 or 2 dangers to the value favourite.

This dutching approach can also be used on horse racing, although there's more data points to consider.

you keep giving me ideas

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

:idea: Looks good.
MemphisFlash

Capture.JPG
Track form added to my sheet.
thanks for the idea.
Also added a link to live feeds at a click of GB flag.
wearthefoxhat

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:14 am
Capture.JPG

Track form added to my sheet.
thanks for the idea.
Also added a link to live feeds at a click of GB flag.
Value assessment, alongside ratings, were spot on. Don't forget to back up your files...

Ratings.png
Archery1969

Who is the person doing this on an A6 race. Although, i am not complaining. :D
wearthefoxhat

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:16 pm
A poor attempt to influence the WOM bots?...just guessing...
MemphisFlash

Capture.JPG

nice hours work, off for a bike ride now
Archery1969

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:17 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:16 pm
A poor attempt to influence the WOM bots?...just guessing...
Happens every race on the favourite regardless of class. Price always bounces up.
Archery1969

And again!!!
wearthefoxhat

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:25 pm
And again!!!
Seems to someone/something placing the order 10 ticks from the current price. If the price jumps up, then it seems to be working.
Archery1969

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:29 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:25 pm
And again!!!
Seems to someone/something placing the order 10 ticks from the current price. If the price jumps up, then it seems to be working.
They seem to like manipulating the market somewhat.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”