Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
ShaunWhite

Michael5482 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:48 pm
I'll be going down the market route however I'll still intend to collect some data if only to enhance my excel skills. Maybe 2 or 3 tracks worth. T
If you're going down the market route then you want to start collecting market data, BA is able to export a reasonable amount and then you can play in excel to your heart's content. But it wouldn't hurt to be collecting the stats side too because even if you don't plan to use it now, if you choose to later you'll already have a quite good database of it accumulated to look at. Data is like that, collect absolutely everything you can because if you need it you've got it. Dog data builds up quite fast but it might take 3-4 months to have enough to properly work with but lots to do and learn in the meantime.
Michael5482

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:09 pm
Michael5482 wrote:
I'll be going down the market route however I'll still intend to collect some data if only to enhance my excel skills. Maybe 2 or 3 tracks worth. T
If you're going down the market route then you want to start collecting market data, BA is able to export a reasonable amount and then you can play in excel to your heart's content. But it wouldn't hurt to be collecting the stats side too because even if you don't plan to use it now, if you choose to later you'll already have a quite good database of it accumulated to look at. Data is like that, collect absolutely everything you can because if you need it you've got it. Dog data builds up quite fast but it might take 3-4 months to have enough to properly work with but lots to do and learn in the meantime.
That's kind of my train of thought data wise and fully understand it's a slow process but in for the long haul. I started my trading with football all pre-match and half-time all very low risk but ticks over nicely however greyhounds is a different kettle of fish and have to start somewhere. Took me over 3 hours trawling Youtube and websites to learn how to auto download my P&L to a desktop folder from BA via task scheduler but I've done it and I'm better than I was yesterday.
MemphisFlash

kept going for a little while longer

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
napshnap

Michael5482 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:15 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:09 pm
Michael5482 wrote:
That's kind of my train of thought data wise and fully understand it's a slow process but in for the long haul. I started my trading with football all pre-match and half-time all very low risk but ticks over nicely however greyhounds is a different kettle of fish and have to start somewhere. Took me over 3 hours trawling Youtube and websites to learn how to auto download my P&L to a desktop folder from BA via task scheduler but I've done it and I'm better than I was yesterday.
You gonna need way way more than that. Learn how to use bf api if you take this seriously.
MemphisFlash

Capture.JPG

Great start to the days racing on the dogs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

another brilliant day on the dogs
Capture.JPG
Naffman

Why are they always so slow to load Aussie greys meetings?
MemphisFlash

Capture.JPG
Everything nice and organised
MattP

Solid results there. You were clearly confident with that first lay!

Out of interest have you tried running your results against the Place market? I'm reluctant to lay high prices but if I think a lay is clear with enough clear competition for the win I've dabbled with Place laying. I don't have much results data yet.

I've gone full circle from starting out 12 months ago collecting data each morning and then not progressing with to returning to dogs in the past few weeks but looking at Market data instead.
Crazyskier

MattP wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:05 am

Out of interest have you tried running your results against the Place market? I'm reluctant to lay high prices but if I think a lay is clear with enough clear competition for the win I've dabbled with Place laying. I don't have much results data yet.

I've gone full circle from starting out 12 months ago collecting data each morning and then not progressing with to returning to dogs in the past few weeks but looking at Market data instead.
There is another strategy that I love : a small WIN bet on a given dog, followed by a lay on the place. If you get the right odds and stake range right, you can only lose when the dog comes SECOND. Win, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th are ALL WINS. :D :

CS
wearthefoxhat

Newcastle 2.04

Not a bad effort overall. BSP would have been a biggy too. (Value in the top 2)

Newc2.04R.png
Archery1969

Crazyskier wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:29 pm
MattP wrote:

There is another strategy that I love : a small WIN bet on a given dog, followed by a lay on the place. If you get the right odds and stake range right, you can only lose when the dog comes SECOND. Win, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th are ALL WINS. :D :

CS
If you look at the place market and then the forecast market then you can sometimes see ARBS. :D
Crazyskier

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:49 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:29 pm
MattP wrote:

CS
If you look at the place market and then the forecast market then you can sometimes see ARBS. :D
Hi buddy. You're right, but the forecast money comes VERY late, if at all...

CS
Crazyskier

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:16 pm
Newcastle 2.04

Not a bad effort overall. BSP would have been a biggy too. (Value in the top 2)

Newc2.04R.png
Bang on ratings-wise! Nice

CS
MemphisFlash

Capture.JPG

5 days, going better than expected.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”