boris and rishi partygate fines

A place to discuss anything.
Archery1969

Left wing labour activists have handed over more information to the police.

I assume they are Corbin supporters.

PMQs should be entertaining this week. 🥳
Derek27

They should just arrest the pervert looking into the window.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 2:52 pm
They should just arrest the pervert looking into the window.
:lol:
Derek27

Apparently, it was a breach of covid rules to decide what time you're having dinner and book a takeaway. We should have been eating at random times. :roll:
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 7:03 pm
Apparently, it was a breach of covid rules to decide what time you're having dinner and book a takeaway. We should have been eating at random times. :roll:
Looks like the politically biased silly season has started! :lol:
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 1:49 pm
I never call somebody a liar unless it's clear cut. Denying any knowledge of a party you've been to or denying knowing you're at a party is lying, plain and simple. Labour back-stabbers are out and I've heard reports of people present saying they didn't go back to work after the curry and beer and there were people present who weren't working and just turned up to a social gathering but it's yet to be verified.

I'm getting sick of hearing the term 'beergate'. It's only an accusation and as such, doesn't fit the criteria to be called a 'gate'. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... sounds like there's one rule for Captain Hindsight and Cruella and another rule for everyone else! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(now where have I heard that one recently? Oh, and don't forget Captain H. said just being investigated was a resigning issue!! He's being investigated! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Archery1969

It doesnt look good after the Labour leader cancelled the meeting on Monday with the Institute for Government with several journalists attending. Wonder if he will attend PMQ's this week or leave it to the Sharon Stone wannabe ?
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 7:08 am
Derek27 wrote:
I never call somebody a liar unless it's clear cut. Denying any knowledge of a party you've been to or denying knowing you're at a party is lying, plain and simple. Labour back-stabbers are out and I've heard reports of people present saying they didn't go back to work after the curry and beer and there were people present who weren't working and just turned up to a social gathering but it's yet to be verified.

I'm getting sick of hearing the term 'beergate'. It's only an accusation and as such, doesn't fit the criteria to be called a 'gate'. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ... sounds like there's one rule for Captain Hindsight and Cruella and another rule for everyone else! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(now where have I heard that one recently? Oh, and don't forget Captain H. said just being investigated was a resigning issue!! He's being investigated! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
If you've got a clip of that please post the link.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:30 am
firlandsfarm wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

No clip but apparently on 31 January – he tweeted: "Honesty and decency matter. After months of denials the Prime Minister is now under criminal investigations for breaking his own lockdown laws. He needs to do the decent thing and resign." ... I don't do Twitter so cannot go further.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:42 am
Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:30 am
firlandsfarm wrote:

No clip but apparently on 31 January – he tweeted: "Honesty and decency matter. After months of denials the Prime Minister is now under criminal investigations for breaking his own lockdown laws. He needs to do the decent thing and resign." ... I don't do Twitter so cannot go further.
My take on that is that he's not demanding the PM's resignation because he's under police investigation but because of months of denials and lying through his teeth in a manner an eight-year-old would think he could get away with. :)
Dallas

Starmer to make a statement shortly, suggestions it'll be he'll resign if he's found to have lied and gets fined
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 3:29 pm
Starmer to make a statement shortly, suggestions it'll be he'll resign if he's found to have lied and gets fined
If I was Starmer, I'd make any resignation subject to the result of an appeal. It's quite daft allowing a police officer to decide your fate and the guy's a barrister so he should know if he's got a case. BJ was probably advised that he's near-certain to lose any appeal. :)
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 3:33 pm
Dallas wrote:
If I was Starmer, I'd make any resignation subject to the result of an appeal. It's quite daft allowing a police officer to decide your fate and the guy's a barrister so he should know if he's got a case. BJ was probably advised that he's near-certain to lose any appeal. :)
An appeal would mean a court case and if found guilty would result in a criminal conviction on his record. Just accepting the fine means nothing is on your record.
xtrader16

Seriously, who cares about some people having a get together to discuss pretty important stuff when the blag pandemic was raging in the media. There are more important things to discuss than if somebody broke some stupid rule. Like is Putin going to nuke us or not and why has my energy bill gone up by £200 per month. Who gives a shit about Party's.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 3:41 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 3:33 pm
Dallas wrote:
An appeal would mean a court case and if found guilty would result in a criminal conviction on his record. Just accepting the fine means nothing is on your record.
There's no harm in keeping his options open. I don't know the exact procedure but generally, government departments that make decisions against you have to give reasons for their decision. It's the reasons that you appeal rather than the decision. Simply agreeing to resign if a civil servant wants you to go opens the door for an FPN with grossly inadequate reasons.

Return to “General discussion”