Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
BWhizz

Thanks shaunwhite for replying it is low risk (lots of small wins) but i am happy with that...
thanks again
[/quote]

Keep at it, and GOOD LUCK. Their is money to be made in dutching this market, I have been doing it consistently over a long period ...
[/quote]

Hi The Silk Run

Not asking for any specifics on your strategy but with the Dutching, how many dogs are you betting on in each race?
The Silk Run

BWhizz wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 7:50 pm
Thanks shaunwhite for replying it is low risk (lots of small wins) but i am happy with that...
thanks again
Keep at it, and GOOD LUCK. Their is money to be made in dutching this market, I have been doing it consistently over a long period ...
[/quote]

Hi The Silk Run

Not asking for any specifics on your strategy but with the Dutching, how many dogs are you betting on in each race?
[/quote]

Basically, anything with FOUR legs and a pulse. So that would not include the lure ;)
BWhizz

The Silk Run wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:09 pm
BWhizz wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 7:50 pm
thanks again
Hi The Silk Run

[/quote]

Basically, anything with FOUR legs and a pulse. So that would not include the lure ;)
[/quote]

Thanks Silk Run, understood 😉
Might have to have another look at dutching and see if can make it work for me…..more head scratching awaits 👍🏻
The Silk Run

Hi Hi BWhizzz

All my works are focused on traps, and not favourites. And I don't pay any attention to pricing, but rather each animal has a 1:6 chance of winning, if their are six runners competing.
If your wondering about how to select trap numbers you may want to consider generating sequences i.e odd numbers, even numbers, inside, mid, and outside traps.
I leave the morning markets out as they don't fit my MO, and they are rather chaotic !!! I generally operate from midday until 6pm evening. But some evenings on certain days.
I have different instances for daytime dry, daytime wet, and the same for evenings.
I hope that helps somewhat. It works for me ...

Minnie LAI
BWhizz

The Silk Run wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 9:15 pm
Hi Hi BWhizzz

All my works are focused on traps, and not favourites. And I don't pay any attention to pricing, but rather each animal has a 1:6 chance of winning, if their are six runners competing.
If your wondering about how to select trap numbers you may want to consider generating sequences i.e odd numbers, even numbers, inside, mid, and outside traps.
I leave the morning markets out as they don't fit my MO, and they are rather chaotic !!! I generally operate from midday until 6pm evening. But some evenings on certain days.
I have different instances for daytime dry, daytime wet, and the same for evenings.
I hope that helps somewhat. It works for me ...

Minnie LAI
Hi Minnie

Thanks for the insight thoughts on what works for you as a basis. Certainly hadnt really thought of different dutch for wet weather….interesting. Will take it on board and have a think how want to approach my dutching method. (Was leaning towards faves/prices….as per usual)
Will post some results when get going after inevitable false starts and binned methods 😀

Cheers
Vaz0202

For some reason the 20:03 at Harlow isn’t showing up on any of my matched bet reports or the P&L. Race is certainly over and winner declared but totally missing from the data
Vaz0202

Heading towards a 3rd successful day. Going to say it’s just luck rather than declaring supreme victory. I’m not Memphis yet.

Was the first day going live and taking it easy on the £1 stakes
The Silk Run

Vaz0202 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:15 pm
Heading towards a 3rd successful day. Going to say it’s just luck rather than declaring supreme victory. I’m not Memphis yet.

Very well done. And, GOOD LUCK going forward ....
And Yes, MEMF a person to aspire to.
Vaz0202

Getting decimated today but hopeful the afternoon goes in my favour. Will balance out by the end of the week..
ShaunWhite

Vaz0202 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 12:40 pm
Getting decimated today but hopeful the afternoon goes in my favour. Will balance out by the end of the week..
You should create your own 'personal journey' thread like goat's Trading What I See if you're planning to tell everyone how you're doing each day.
goat68

Vaz0202 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:15 pm

I'd beware of talking in "days", concentrate a minimum at how you do in a "week", helps take the stress out of it all as well...
MemphisFlash

seeing as i saw my name mentioned i would post my results for today.
didn't quite get over 200, but it gives me something to aspire too as well, :D :D :D
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thepressure

Vaz0202 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:14 pm
Made my return to the greyhound scene today doing the old ‘back favourite to win’ and ‘lay in the place’ = lose only if comes 2nd

Lots of ups and downs but ended up 4p up

So you back the FAV and then pick another dog to lay the place? It seems like there are many ways to lose money on that no? Not just if the lay comes 2nd?

Could you let me know some of thre ideal odds for this scenario or if I've mis understood this?

Thanks
thepressure

Crazyskier wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:29 pm
MattP wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:05 am
Solid results there. You were clearly confident with that first lay!

Out of interest have you tried running your results against the Place market? I'm reluctant to lay high prices but if I think a lay is clear with enough clear competition for the win I've dabbled with Place laying. I don't have much results data yet.

I've gone full circle from starting out 12 months ago collecting data each morning and then not progressing with to returning to dogs in the past few weeks but looking at Market data instead.
There is another strategy that I love : a small WIN bet on a given dog, followed by a lay on the place. If you get the right odds and stake range right, you can only lose when the dog comes SECOND. Win, 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th are ALL WINS. :D :

CS

Would you care to elaborate what kind of odd ranges work for this? Is this something that can come up every race?
MemphisFlash

just creating a power query for the timeform tips of the day for greyhounds
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”