Today's Tennis

Euler

There are no restrictions in the UK now, so no reason he could play. As for the Russian though....
Derek27

Boris could be on his way to the big house, just not the Boris I'd like sent down.
callum1622

Does anybody know where I can get data feeds for all matches? I've recently skilled up in programming and want to be able to programme some tennis stats into SAS so I can make stat spreadsheets. Thanks.
sniffer66

callum1622 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:38 am
Does anybody know where I can get data feeds for all matches? I've recently skilled up in programming and want to be able to programme some tennis stats into SAS so I can make stat spreadsheets. Thanks.
Are you looking for live stats or historical ?
sniffer66

I could have picked a worse match to get back on the tennis.

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
callum1622

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 12:39 pm
callum1622 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:38 am
Are you looking for live stats or historical ?

I would like historical. So I'd want to calculate things like average breaks, break backs, 3 setters, losing after winning first set etc. And then if I could get price histories that would be really valuable, so how often they lose from 1.05 1.1 1.2 etc or how often a price swings a certain amount per player.
LeTiss

Disappointing start to the day. Had a green locked in on Djokovic-Murray
callum1622

Crikey that Alvarez game was goood. Maybe today was finally the day it clicks to take profits - I can always re enter at a better price and have numerous bites at the cherry
callum1622

Completely risk free lay on Tsitsipas there. 1.15 up an early break, and now still 1.15 a set up
henbet22

Vamos!!
callum1622

What did Tennis Trader tool have on Djokovic winning first set at 2 breaks up? Can't have been much lower than the 1.1 he was at
eightbo

Seems like most players in tennis markets are all on the same data feed, with an additional 1 guy ahead of the rest, typically seen at the bigger places, and not often at smaller stuff. This suggests there is one common data feed which people are using for your typical game, with a possible private courtsider for bigger stuff.

Anyone have further info on this?

(Both of which are faster than the Betfair score update of course)

Tryna better understand the landscape, cheers
Dallas

eightbo wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 10:52 pm
Seems like most players in tennis markets are all on the same data feed, with an additional 1 guy ahead of the rest, typically seen at the bigger places, and not often at smaller stuff. This suggests there is one common data feed which people are using for your typical game, with a possible private courtsider for bigger stuff.

Anyone have further info on this?

(Both of which are faster than the Betfair score update of course)

Tryna better understand the landscape, cheers
Bet Angel's feed is the fastest Tennis feed you can get anywhere because its direct from the data provider at the court, hence it's well ahead of Betfair.
Euler

People often anticipate action, so it often feels somebody is ahead. They are, they are pressing the button with a bit of risk.
eightbo

Dallas wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 9:26 pm
Bet Angel's feed is the fastest Tennis feed you can get anywhere because its direct from the data provider at the court, hence it's well ahead of Betfair.
Ty, perhaps I didn't properly measure the BetAngel tennis score feed / didn't have it refreshing correctly,
I just checked a random match today and can see everything syncs up beautifully.

I'll revisit a bigger match one day to confirm but for now that's absolutely fantastic.

I made an assumption that people would be ahead of me, and wasted time building something which reacted to market activity.
I got it fairly accurate but incorporating the data feed will enhance my precision and give a much-welcomed speed boost to the tune of the in-play delay.

Can't wait to get stuck in and rework things.

Thank you to everyone involved for all work on Bet Angel. Just such an absolutely amazing piece of kit. You can't help but laugh when you stop to appreciate the sheer ludicrousness of the nearly endless opportunities within BA. And the fact that only one of them done well will provide plenty. Sheer madness.

Return to “Tennis Trading”