Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:23 pm
Hallelujah!
The courage of youth should not be underestimated.
Good on you, young man!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61467159
Yeah fair play to him. Very very brave decision.
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:18 pm
greenmark wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:23 pm
Hallelujah!
The courage of youth should not be underestimated.
Good on you, young man!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61467159
Yeah fair play to him. Very very brave decision.
But it takes a 17 year old to confront the fact that everyone knows there are a lot of gay footballers. But coming out is career suicide. Maybe this chap is a pioneer. I hope so. It's been too weird for too long. 1 in 10, but not in football, apparently ........ er, ok!?
Kai

Wasn't there an Aussie lad last year?

Good to see but you would like to see it at the top level as well
Derek27

There are children of varying heights lining up with the Juventus players and the cameraman who goes down the line misses the shorter ones!
Kai

Newcastle impressive with 70% possession against Arsenal, but Master Pep will be most displeased
Derek27

A foul committed by a woman, in a woman's match!!

Why don't they say foul committed by Liverpool Men when a Liverpool player commits a foul?

Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

Anyone else think Liverpool price today is too low?

Can't really tell anymore at this point, might be one of those rare occasions where the size of the occasion is getting to me, with the once-in-a-lifetime quadruple opportunity beckoning etc
Trader Pat

I think we're on the low side as well. I put a few lay orders in last night.

There'll be no Fabinho; can't see Salah or VVD been risked and he might take the opportunity to rest Trent and hopefully Diaz and maybe a few others. I'd expect a drift of some kind when the teams are announced.
Kai

Fk it, im out
Euler

Saints are not high on confidence, but if Liverpool put out a weak team then 1.40ish seems low.

The market is telling me Liverpool will put out a decent strength team, so I guess we should wait till they see what they put out.
Trader Pat

Southampton have the added incentive of ending Liverpool's title hopes so that's probably worth a few ticks and Klopp of the Alps seems really up for the game. 0-4 it is then :D
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:42 pm
Are you holding those until teamnews?

I didn't get those early lays in as I was a fraction late so layed yesterday a lot but didn't get much for it so think I'm out for now, looked up a few hundred when I wen't to bed but slept through that last steam to 1.38, there were a few similar opportunities where Liverpool drifted nicely but here maybe best to wait for teamnews first

Kai

Euler wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:45 pm
Saints are not high on confidence, but if Liverpool put out a weak team then 1.40ish seems low.

The market is telling me Liverpool will put out a decent strength team, so I guess we should wait till they see what they put out.
Well the Liverpool team I have in mind is maybe more 1.50ish range but hard to tell as I'm probably missing the Saints POV and variables, expecting a tough one and not feeling very confident at all, players without any rhythm for months could start here.

From Liverpool POV what is certain is that Fabinho, Salah and Virgil are all ruled out. From those that started the FA cup final I think only Konate, Keita and Henderson are in contention, in that order.

Those that seem nailed on to start are Tsimikas, Matip, Milner, Gomez, Firmino, Curtis Jones, Origi maybe... But even the sub Jota played 90mins and Alisson got a knock as well. If Konate cannot go again then Gomez has to shift from RB to CB and Milner to RB, which leaves nobody able to play the DM role, so guys without rhythm like Ox, Minamino maybe have to come in etc.

Very tricky one but some decent drift potential overall i think
Trader Pat

Kai wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 3:11 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Yeah pretty much. Even at full strength I don't think we'd be any lower than 1.25 so I've got it framed along those lines.
Kai

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 3:13 pm
Kai wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 3:11 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Yeah pretty much. Even at full strength I don't think we'd be any lower than 1.25 so I've got it framed along those lines.
Yeah at first glance at full strength it would maybe be 1.25 - 1.30 range with maybe late money trying to push lower

Hard one tonight but I think a lot of the neutrals would want the title race to go til last matchday

Return to “Football trading”