RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:42 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:04 pm
People are panicking about having to pay £100 to fill-up their petrol tank, but they're not worried about prices going up to £98. :roll:
Typical news 'stat'. How big is the tank? Filled mine the other day and it was £125. Been over 100 for ages cos it holds about 85L. And the only people this is 'news' for is people who don't have a car so it's not even a thing for them. Nothing's gonna get me down today though, my digger arrived this morning. :D (so spent half the morning on YouTube trying to figure out how to swap the bucket and still keep all my fingers!).. And on fuel, not allowed to fill them with red diesel since March 22, thanks Rishi, every little hurts.
Have fun Shaun!

Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:04 pm
People are panicking about having to pay £100 to fill-up their petrol tank, but they're not worried about prices going up to £98. :roll:
Typical news 'stat'. How big is the tank? Filled mine the other day and it was £125. Been over 100 for ages cos it holds about 85L. And the only people this is 'news' for is people who don't have a car so it's not even a thing for them. Nothing's gonna get me down today though, my digger arrived this morning. :D (so spent half the morning on YouTube trying to figure out how to swap the bucket and still keep all my fingers!).. And on fuel, not allowed to fill them with red diesel since March 22, thanks Rishi, every little hurts.
The standard tank is 55 litres apparently. One idiot on the front page of a tabloid was begging Sunak not to make him pay £100 to fill up his tank. He's quite happy paying £99.50 though. He won't even get a bar of chocolate with the change.
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:53 pm
Have fun Shaun!
:D thx Pat. May 31st.....hailstones and lightening, great. It's a bit of alright though, I'll soon get past the stage of going for an inch more and spinning round instead. :lol: Got the high lift dumper too so all I need now is sunshine.
Derek27

Fly-tippers should be castrated. I always thought my road looks like a rubbish tip but on my way back from the supermarket I realised it's flipping everywhere!
Emmson

It is a despicable activity dumping matresses, shopping trollys, microwave ovens and vaccums on railway embankments. I think large fines and/or community service orders are justified.
greenmark

I must admit fly-tipping winds me up. Its like littering on steroids. But also these people have been paid to dispose of this detritus. Fortunately, only stumbled across a few locally, but it must be maddening if it's a regular occurence.
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:30 pm
I think large fines and/or community service orders are justified.
No, definitely castration. :D
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:47 pm
Emmson wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:30 pm
I think large fines and/or community service orders are justified.
No, definitely castration. :D
Before or after fines and community service orders?
How about flogging? It's a corporal punishment that has been sadly overlooked. Where's Willie Whitelaw when you need him?
I am, of course, joking.
Derek27

I've had a rant about my council's price list for removing rubbish, so this is my second rant. When you consider the cost of cleaning up the mess, or even not cleaning it up and accepting your area is a shithole where nobody would want to visit, work or live in, it would save money if they did it for free, like they do in other parts of the country.

Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

A bottle of vaping liquid has gone up 100%, to £2. It's as though a pound is the smallest unit of currency!
firlandsfarm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Nothing's gonna get me down today though, my digger arrived this morning. :D (so spent half the morning on YouTube trying to figure out how to swap the bucket and still keep all my fingers!).. And on fuel, not allowed to fill them with red diesel since March 22, thanks Rishi, every little hurts.
As the owner/user of a 9 tonne excavator My advice to swap a bucket is to get a second person ... saves a lot of jumping in and out of the cab trying to align the holes for the pins and it's their fingers! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

No flipping news today. I thought at least on the hour you might hear about what's going on around the world, other than the Australian PM lighting a beacon. :x
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:07 pm
No flipping news today. I thought at least on the hour you might hear about what's going on around the world, other than the Australian PM lighting a beacon. :x
Is that a rant about nothing to rant about? :-) Quality ranting!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:53 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I can't believe BJ hasn't done something absolutely cringe-worthy in the last 24 hours and it will be brushed under the carpet.

And what a waste of fuel. I'd like to know what the cost to the taxpayer is.

As I type I hear Prince Andrew is missing, he's got covid. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:58 pm
greenmark wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:53 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I can't believe BJ hasn't done something absolutely cringe-worthy in the last 24 hours and it will be brushed under the carpet.

And what a waste of fuel. I'd like to know what the cost to the taxpayer is.

As I type I hear Prince Andrew is missing, he's got covid. :lol:
I've often railed about BJ's incompetence and him being nothing more than a gameshow panelist/presenter.
But would you prefer Ian Hislop or Paul Merton as PM?

Return to “General discussion”