Cant have 2 instances ???

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
blablok

Hi,

I tried 2 instances today. One live and one practice mode.
I then tried to place my bet and I couldnt. No error message. Every time i placed my bet nothing happened. Not matched no unmatched. Nothing.
Dallas

You can open as many instances of Bet Angel as you need (I've often run up to 7 on busy days), so having more than one open won't cause any issues including placing bets

Are you sure you didn't just have your Net stake selected (and it was currently £0.00 so you were trying to place a bet with a stake of nothing)?
If you heard the bet placement bleep and nothing happened that's almost certainly the reason

If you had a regular pre-set stake selected then check your log, there should be some error messages from BF if they rejected the bet for some reason or it couldn't be placed
blablok

While being live ive just tried to open practice mode instance and got this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
blablok

And now cant place any bets live now at all ??? WTH ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
blablok

Ive noticed the problem is happening every time I try to have 2 instances one live and one practice for some reason. Once i somwhow manage to open the 2nd instance i then cant place any live bets at all.
jamesedwards

On some computers I have to log in manually leaving the "interactive log in" box unchecked if I want to have more than one instance running. I don't know why this happens. FYI if you have two-step switched on on Betfair you need to put in your betfair password then the authentication code as one word eg [password123456] where the auth code in this example is 123456.

The max number of Guardians running concurrently is 10 unless Betfair have authorised more for your account.
Michael5482

blablok wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:02 pm
Exact same thing has been happing to me. I have Greyhound automation running in practice mode and footy in live mode. On 3 occasions now the footy automation has come up with the same error message and not placed bets. Have to logout and log back in and manually place bets. Slightly frustrating
blablok

Yea once you shut down the practice mode and log out your "live" instance and log back in everything works fine as it did before.
Still...crap that you cant use 2 instances at the same time.
foxwood

blablok wrote:
That's an error from BF defined as "INVALID_SESSION_INFORMATION - The session token hasn't been provided, is invalid or has expired. Login again to create a new session"

Not sure how that arises but one possibility if using a laptop that has "slept" is that your session will expire due to no active connection.

BTW, in case it is relevant, you can't run multiple instances of the same BA exe. You have to install side-by-side copies to run multiple instances. There's a post by Dallas somewhere about this and it also covers details of what app data to copy so they all have the same settings, automation rules etc available.
ODPaul82

foxwood wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:16 pm
blablok wrote:
That's an error from BF defined as "INVALID_SESSION_INFORMATION - The session token hasn't been provided, is invalid or has expired. Login again to create a new session"

Not sure how that arises but one possibility if using a laptop that has "slept" is that your session will expire due to no active connection.

BTW, in case it is relevant, you can't run multiple instances of the same BA exe. You have to install side-by-side copies to run multiple instances. There's a post by Dallas somewhere about this and it also covers details of what app data to copy so they all have the same settings, automation rules etc available.
That's bollocks, big hairy ones at that. I literally trigger the same shortcut that's saved on my desktop which will trigger off exactly the same instance of BA with multiple ones running and have done for years.
foxwood

ODPaul82 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:44 pm
That's bollocks, big hairy ones at that. I literally trigger the same shortcut that's saved on my desktop which will trigger off exactly the same instance of BA with multiple ones running and have done for years.
So you're saying my BTW is wrong then ? :lol: :lol:

Run mine like that for years and seem to have got that belief in my head now hence my answer.

Thinking about it I guess I originally set them up as separate installs to keep different automations and event types apart so the logs were less confusing - really can't remember !

I'll put my pants back on and apologies for misleading - never believe the internet
ODPaul82

foxwood wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:52 pm
ODPaul82 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:44 pm
So you're saying my BTW is wrong then ? :lol: :lol:

Run mine like that for years and seem to have got that belief in my head now hence my answer.

Thinking about it I guess I originally set them up as separate installs to keep different automations and event types apart so the logs were less confusing - really can't remember !

I'll put my pants back on and apologies for misleading - never believe the internet
Apologies how rude my response was or the way I said it, I'd been drinking quite heavily that evening.
Me + Alcohol + Forums really dont mix well. Try my best to not but end up falling into the same trap.
foxwood

ODPaul82 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:03 pm
Apologies how rude my response was or the way I said it, I'd been drinking quite heavily that evening.
Me + Alcohol + Forums really dont mix well. Try my best to not but end up falling into the same trap.
lol - no probs and thank you for explaining :)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”