Australian racing

The sport of kings.
CMC

napshnap wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:45 am
CMC wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:53 pm
A question to Bet Angel technical support or anyone else that may be able to help.

Today I was trading the last race at Pakenham and opened with a lay position on the fav Montenegro. It started to drift and things were looking promising when suddenly the ladder froze. I noticed that where it normally says “Streaming” there was a “Disconnected” notification. After a little while it unfroze, money was being matched on the back and lay sides and things appeared to be back to normal. I decided to exit in case it froze again, however I was unable to do so …. no back bet I tried to place would register on the ladder. Moved to another computer which is on a totally different internet network and the same thing happened, just couldn’t close my position. I then tried to access the Betfair and Bet Angel websites but both returned 500 internal server errors, whatever they may be. Unfortunately, the race turned in-play and despite other people being able to back and lay I still couldn’t close and ended up losing a large amount.

What’s happening here and where does the problem lie. Both of my internet connections appeared to be fine. The exchange wasn’t down as plenty of other people were able to place bets …. What specifically is happening when only some people are being affected.
My logs show that 1m22s before off time there were timeouts and it lasted 25s. My bot been able to manage bets 25s before off time.
Thanks for the info napshnap. I'm curious as to why your bots were able to place bets but i couldn't place any. If anyone has any idea i would be grateful to hear about it.
napshnap

CMC wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:54 pm
napshnap wrote:
CMC wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:53 pm
A question to Bet Angel technical support or anyone else that may be able to help.

Today I was trading the last race at Pakenham and opened with a lay position on the fav Montenegro. It started to drift and things were looking promising when suddenly the ladder froze. I noticed that where it normally says “Streaming” there was a “Disconnected” notification. After a little while it unfroze, money was being matched on the back and lay sides and things appeared to be back to normal. I decided to exit in case it froze again, however I was unable to do so …. no back bet I tried to place would register on the ladder. Moved to another computer which is on a totally different internet network and the same thing happened, just couldn’t close my position. I then tried to access the Betfair and Bet Angel websites but both returned 500 internal server errors, whatever they may be. Unfortunately, the race turned in-play and despite other people being able to back and lay I still couldn’t close and ended up losing a large amount.

What’s happening here and where does the problem lie. Both of my internet connections appeared to be fine. The exchange wasn’t down as plenty of other people were able to place bets …. What specifically is happening when only some people are being affected.
My logs show that 1m22s before off time there were timeouts and it lasted 25s. My bot been able to manage bets 25s before off time.
Thanks for the info napshnap. I'm curious as to why your bots were able to place bets but i couldn't place any. If anyone has any idea i would be grateful to hear about it.
Bf can temporaly suspend your betting operations but I'm not sure if this is your case. And if you don't log your bets info that bf sends to your bots or (in your case) betangel program - I'm afraid we can't say anything certain about it.

Try to check your account bets related section (bet history), check what bets were canceled, matched, lapsed or voided.

Timing is critical, are you sure you tried to place bets right before race start, these last 30s before start?

Anyway, bf won't compensate you anything, so I suggest you to take it philosophically and hope that your (or their) next fcup will compensate your losses. Gambling sucks but there are no options.
CMC

napshnap wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:18 pm
CMC wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:54 pm
napshnap wrote:

Bf can temporaly suspend your betting operations but I'm not sure if this is your case. And if you don't log your bets info that bf sends to your bots or (in your case) betangel program - I'm afraid we can't say anything certain about it.

Try to check your account bets related section (bet history), check what bets were canceled, matched, lapsed or voided.

Timing is critical, are you sure you tried to place bets right before race start, these last 30s before start?

Anyway, bf won't compensate you anything, so I suggest you to take it philosophically and hope that your (or their) next fcup will compensate your losses. Gambling sucks but there are no options.
Definitely tried to close right up to the off and also when it went in play. Bet history reveals nothing unfortunately. I've been on the receiving end many times so i'm pretty philosophical about it all, just trying to find out what most likely happened. Thanks again for your help.
napshnap

No problem. Maybe other bot guys have something to say.
PDC

Curious if anyone knows what has happened to the https://tv.greyhoundbrasil.com/ picture feed for Sky Racing Sky 1 and Sky 2 channels? They aren't working for me today.

Does anyone have an alternative?
Derek27

Rosehill abandoned.
PDC

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:51 am
Rosehill abandoned.
Port MacQuarie R4-6 abandoned.

Looks like Newcastle has now been pushed back as well.

Derek - Do you have a source for pictures for the Oz racing other than At The Races on Sky?
Euler

PDC wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:22 am
Curious if anyone knows what has happened to the https://tv.greyhoundbrasil.com/ picture feed for Sky Racing Sky 1 and Sky 2 channels? They aren't working for me today.

Not working for me either this morning.
Anbell

PDC wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:22 am

Its been down for a few days. When it first went down I was also unable to get video through TAB, but that has since been fixed.
The dog of ry

Interesting today that Sportsbet put all the QLD meetings at the bottom of their racing pages, and didn't include them on their "next to go" lists..

I know not really BF related but maybe a start of some sort of revolt by the Corps in response to the POC tax increase. Sportsbet have a major market share here.... Watch this space
Naffman

The dog of ry wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:30 am
Interesting today that Sportsbet put all the QLD meetings at the bottom of their racing pages, and didn't include them on their "next to go" lists..

I know not really BF related but maybe a start of some sort of revolt by the Corps in response to the POC tax increase. Sportsbet have a major market share here.... Watch this space
Hilarious isn’t it
PDC

The dog of ry wrote:

Pretty sure there was only one QLD meeting on in the afternoon, Sunshine Coast and then Toowoomba in the evening. That may explain it.
Derek27

PDC wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:21 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:51 am
Rosehill abandoned.
Port MacQuarie R4-6 abandoned.

Looks like Newcastle has now been pushed back as well.

Derek - Do you have a source for pictures for the Oz racing other than At The Races on Sky?
No, I just use Sky or Betfair video.
Wildly

PDC wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:35 pm
The dog of ry wrote:

Pretty sure there was only one QLD meeting on in the afternoon, Sunshine Coast and then Toowoomba in the evening. That may explain it.
The Sunshine Coast meeting had a Group 3 and two listed races. Definitely a statement.
gazuty

For all those fast picture seekers - Punter claims he was unfairly banned by Betfair for using ‘stream’ - https://www.theage.com.au/sport/racing/ ... 5azxm.html

Doh - didn’t see already discussed in the forum.
Last edited by gazuty on Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”