Australian racing

The sport of kings.
JCB

Euler wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:06 am
If Aussie bookmakers try and shut out the exchange they are stupid. It's one of few ways that people in the UK and ROW can bet on Aussie racing. It's incremental revenue.
Oh they know, that's why they are going in to bat for Betfair in their discussions with the various regulators. None of the bookies here want to shut out the exchange. They absolutely need BF to exist for the industry to thrive.
Anbell

JCB wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:01 am
Several of the larger AU bookmakers are currently advocating on behalf of Betfair for a change in the exchange taxation model. They recognise how important it is for Betfair to thrive but the way things are going, BFAU is going to be all but dead soon. They can't absorb any more of the fees, traders are being driven out of the markets (as evidenced by several posts here) and punters will shop elsewhere as BO4 is now a superior product in most cases.

Sad state of affairs.
What is B04?
JCB

Sorry for the abbreviation, you'd probably know
it as best tote or SP but if not it's just the best tote or starting price (whichever is higher). Sharper punters will eventually get limited to mid tote or fixed price only but there are 100+ online bookies (and new ones appear weekly) and they all offer it so you can basically keep going forever. There are a few comparisons floating around out there. Basically BO4 is far better than BSP for anything sub $3, slightly better up to about $8, break even up to about $12 and from that point BSP is superior. Numbers might be slightly off but for favourites in particular, BO4 is a significantly better product.
Anbell

JCB wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:08 am
it as best tote or SP but if not it's just the best tote or starting price (whichever is higher). Sharper punters will eventually get limited to mid tote or fixed price only but there are 100+ online bookies (and new ones appear weekly) and they all offer it so you can basically keep going forever. There are a few comparisons floating around out there. Basically BO4 is far better than BSP for anything sub $3, slightly better up to about $8, break even up to about $12 and from that point BSP is superior. Numbers might be slightly off but for favourites in particular, BO4 is a significantly better product.
Very interesting / informative! Thanks!
Anbell

JCB wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:08 am
Is it the same as TT+?
JCB

Yep, same at TT+. The crowd I hang out with all refer to it as BO4, sorry for the confusion!
mcgoo

Naffman wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:20 am
:( Cheers, Mcgoo, for notifying us.
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:51 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:05 am
Not seen an update on the Betfair site yet but if this is the case..Rosehill,Randwick game set and match for me :cry:
Thanks for the warning McGoo. I've just checked and Bumfair's updated their terms & conditions to $1000. I would have been badly stung if you hadn't alerted me. :)
No worries .Glad we got there before a rude shock.I now have to find other strategies for horse racing on other tracks :shock: :D
Anbell

JCB wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:46 am
Yep, same at TT+. The crowd I hang out with all refer to it as BO4, sorry for the confusion!
Thanks. Actually I dont think TT+ is anywhere near BSP. I think you need top fluc thrown in as well.
JCB

Anbell wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:37 am
JCB wrote:
Thanks. Actually I dont think TT+ is anywhere near BSP. I think you need top fluc thrown in as well.
I'll come back to you tomorrow with some concrete numbers but I can assure you it's true (obviously it's commission sensitive but even at the lowest rates BO4/TT+ beats BSP on favoured runners).

Surprisingly enough including top fluc doesn't make a huge difference. It's obviously better to take Best of the Best if you can get it but it's not as much of an advantage as you might think (I was definitely surprised).

There's an article here, not particularly well written but it's reasonably close to the numbers I've collected.

www.championbets.com.au/resources/getti ... dend-type/
Anbell

JCB wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:11 pm
Anbell wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:37 am
JCB wrote:
I'll come back to you tomorrow with some concrete numbers but I can assure you it's true (obviously it's commission sensitive but even at the lowest rates BO4/TT+ beats BSP on favoured runners).

Surprisingly enough including top fluc doesn't make a huge difference. It's obviously better to take Best of the Best if you can get it but it's not as much of an advantage as you might think (I was definitely surprised).

There's an article here, not particularly well written but it's reasonably close to the numbers I've collected.

www.championbets.com.au/resources/getti ... dend-type/
Great! Thanks. I appreciate it.

(I didnt do a full analysis but had a good look over the past week and TT+ seemed to fall short)
Anbell

Indefinite delay Flemington (Lightning)
Anbell

Anbell wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:43 am
Indefinite delay Flemington (Lightning)
Restarting 15.35
Euler

Are the races back one?
Anbell

Euler wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:13 am
Are the races back one?
The last is at 17.40 (in 10 mins)
Euler

Thanks. I've managed to catch the last three manually trading, bonus!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”