Menu Sidebar Keyboard Shortcut

Help improve Bet Angel.
ArticalBadboy

Hello,

I have set up keyboard shortcuts to load my daily markets into guardian.
Unfortunately this crashes Betangel unless I have the Markets Sidebar open.

Can the 'open sidebar' option be added to the keyboard shortcuts please...then I could add that step and stop Betangel hanging.

Thank you
Dallas

It shouldn't be causing it to crash

I have a shortcut key to add my markets to Guardian and/or a coupon to Guardian without even having it have Guardian open
When I press they key it does a number of tasks from that one press starting with opening Guardian

As you getting any error messages pop up when it crashes?
ArticalBadboy

Hello,
No errors...BetAngel just becomes non-responsive.
Here is how I have it set up:
Screenshot 2022-09-18 091149.png
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

ArticalBadboy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:14 am
Hello,
No errors...BetAngel just becomes non-responsive.
Here is how I have it set up:
Screenshot 2022-09-18 091149.png
Thanks
Try removing the second shortcut, there's no need to have that search tab selected if you are then using the 'Select' tab
ArticalBadboy

Thanks for the reply and suggestion but it's still hanging after removing that rule.
Dallas

ArticalBadboy wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:25 pm
Thanks for the reply and suggestion but it's still hanging after removing that rule.
I've just tried exactly the same shortcuts on mine the way you have them and it worked perfectly up to loading all the market as you won't be able to apply the automation file because

A) you first need a shortcut to select the markets in Guardian
B) once you've done that you'll need to either add another shortcut key for those last two actions or you can use the same key but you'll need to press it again once all the markets have been added

When it hangs do you need to restart BA or does it unfreeze after a short time?

The shortcut actions aren't resource intensive but the only thing I can think of at this stage is your PC is struggling to process all the actions
ArticalBadboy

Thanks again for the reply.

When it hangs, I have to restart.
Thanks for your advice...It's quite a powerful gaming laptop so resources shouldn't be a problem.
I'm still confused why the rules work perfectly when the menu sidebar is ticked/open.

...and I've just discovered it does work with the menu closed; AFTER it's been run successfully with the menu open!?
Derek27

Can you have more than one action assigned to the same shortcut key so they get executed sequentially?
ArticalBadboy

Hi Derek,
Yes I have seven
Dallas

Its how you can set a whole days automation up with just one key push (or two pushes if you need to find and load the markets with the first push)
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... one-click/
Dallas

ArticalBadboy wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:44 pm

Thanks for your advice...It's quite a powerful gaming laptop so resources shouldn't be a problem.
I'm still confused why the rules work perfectly when the menu sidebar is ticked/open.

...and I've just discovered it does work with the menu closed; AFTER it's been run successfully with the menu open!?
You do need to have Bet Angel in focus at the time of the key press otherwise it won't work (so I usually click somewhere on the main ribbon, or Guardian if I have that open already)

But that shouldn't cause any freezing, the next time it happens before restarting can you open your windows task manager and grab a screenshot of the processes running to see if anything sticks out in that?
ArticalBadboy

I tried selecting a row in Guardian before pressing the shortcut...same freeze.
Here is the Task Manager Screenshot:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Thanks both. I've been wasting the power of keyboard shortcuts. I've never even used them. :D
Dallas

ArticalBadboy wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:44 pm

I flagged this part to Dev and they have managed to re-create it, it occurs if you start Bet Angel and show Guardian but with settings that the sidebar is hidden (so that it has never been shown)
Once you've had the sidebar open for something and allowed the UI to load then you should be able to run the shortcut profile

If that works the thing to do until a fix has been added in the next build is open the sidebar then re-save your main setting profile so that when you next start BA it's already visible when you open Guardian
ArticalBadboy

Thank you for your help with this matter, I really appreciate it.

Return to “Suggestions”