Lay the Draw & Green Up after a Goal by Checking 0-0 CS

Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:13 am
Hi Dallas,

Still no joy unfortunately.

I can confirm that i downloaded the version you suggested and enabled logging. it was a very low scoring selection of matches, however the following matches had a goal before 30 mins:

Badalona v Peralada
Betis v Gerona
Benfica v Maritimo
Athletico Madrid v Real Madrid.

I have attached what I believe to be the relevant screen shots and rules files.

Regards
Graham
That was showing the issue was with the 'Check' rule not triggering

Having has a closer look i'll be because its armed to trigger in-play, this needs setting to 'Always Armed' for it to trigger after the markets closed
FrankArch

Hi Dallas,

That seems to have cured it on first testing (small amount), I'll try some more but I think its sorted.

Quite obvious really but took your knowledge to find it.

Thanks for your time
Regards
Graham
barrie

Hi. Really new to all this and looking for a basic bot to get me moving and this seems to be the one. Just did a trial run in practice mode and the result was profitable. Two queries though if I may.
I am just having trouble getting my head around the "check 0-0...)" rule and it's purpose. I've read your explanation at least a dozen times and am still a bit bemused. Any chance of a simpler explanation for a newbie numpty? When I trialled it all I notice that the "check 0-0" rule quite often places a lay bet on a 0-2 CS result with no corresponding back bet. At other times it places the 0-2 lay bet and then a back bet - sometimes resulting in a significant loss-sometimes a profit.

In other -manual- versions of the LTD strategy I've seen the secondary rule is to back the 0-0 CS before kick off in such a way as to cover the loss of the initial lay bet if the match is indeed a goal-less draw. Can this be incorporated instead??
Dallas

barrie wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:38 am
Hi. Really new to all this and looking for a basic bot to get me moving and this seems to be the one. Just did a trial run in practice mode and the result was profitable. Two queries though if I may.
I am just having trouble getting my head around the "check 0-0...)" rule and it's purpose. I've read your explanation at least a dozen times and am still a bit bemused. Any chance of a simpler explanation for a newbie numpty? When I trialled it all I notice that the "check 0-0" rule quite often places a lay bet on a 0-2 CS result with no corresponding back bet. At other times it places the 0-2 lay bet and then a back bet - sometimes resulting in a significant loss-sometimes a profit.

In other -manual- versions of the LTD strategy I've seen the secondary rule is to back the 0-0 CS before kick off in such a way as to cover the loss of the initial lay bet if the match is indeed a goal-less draw. Can this be incorporated instead??
The purpose of the Check 0-0 rule is because BF don't provide a live score feed that Bet Angel can use, so that rule continually the 0-0 price in the correct score market, once a goal has been scored the price of 0-0 will fly out and the rule will pass that onto the LTD file which will then trigger a green up bet as you'll have made a profit from the pre-match lay bet on the draw as the draw odds will also have drifted out

The check 0-0 CS and store odds rule has no back or lay rules so can't place any bets, so you should never have any bets go into the CS market
Only the LTD and green up after a goal has a lay rule set to trigger pre-off then a green up rule in-play after a goal

It sounds like you might have sometimes applied the file to the wrong market types, in the OP there is an image showing which file should be applied to which market and how this should look in your Guardian once its been done
barrie

Many thanks for the explanation. that makes sense now. I am trying today in practice mode to see where I went wrong last time.
Last edited by barrie on Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

barrie wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:18 pm
Many thanks for the explanation. that makes sense now. Still trying to find the screenshot in the OP but not found it yet. Would I be right in saying that the Lay and Green Up rule should be applied to the match odds market and the 0-0 CS to the correct score market??? That was what I did and ended up with positions placed on the CS market. thanks
Its just above the bold writing that says 'How it Works'

The the Lay and Green Up rule should be applied to the match odds market and the 0-0 CS to the correct score market - Yes, that is correct

If you had a bet placed on the CS market it must have been from another automation file applied (even if just briefly), as there are no rules that place any type of bets in the Check 0-0 file, only a 'Set/Modify Stored Value' rule to store the 0-0 odds
barrie

Hi. All working as it should now. thanks. One quick question. I have set the green up back bet to only fire if it shows a profit which I know is risky but given the fact that the initial change in odds is fairly small I was finding that I was trading out at an overall loss I am backing the 0-0 to cover the loss if that is the final score. Is it possible to green up more than once? For instance, I had go on a game today which was a lay bet on the draw at 8.6 which greened up at 15. Towards the end of the game there was money available to back at 380. Is there another rule that can be added to accommodate this? I've been racking my brains but cannot come up with anything.
theflyfifer

Hi Dallas, I've been using the Check 0-0 CS component on a back O 1.5 and green on goal strategy and have been getting markets where there is no bet in the 0-0 ladder so the green up doesn't fire. Could I check instead if the Over 0.5 market is CLOSED and use that as a qualifying condition?

Thanks in advance.
Dallas

theflyfifer wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:29 pm
Hi Dallas, I've been using the Check 0-0 CS component on a back O 1.5 and green on goal strategy and have been getting markets where there is no bet in the 0-0 ladder so the green up doesn't fire. Could I check instead if the Over 0.5 market is CLOSED and use that as a qualifying condition?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, since this example was created a new condition called 'Market Status' has been added so you can now test if a market is closed and set a Stored Value on the Event
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/market_status.html
theflyfifer

Thanks Dallas, you're a star (see what I did there?)
theflyfifer

Hi Dallas, I redid the file to reflect the Market condition and it sat at Suspended for a full ten minutes and obviously didn't green after goal :-

2/6/2023 15:46:37: [G_Auto 1] : Store Value (Shared) for event: Goal = 0 = 1.01
2/6/2023 15:46:47: [G_Auto 1] : Store Value (Shared) for event: Goal = 0 = 1.01
2/6/2023 15:46:57: [G_Auto 1] : Store Value (Shared) for event: Goal = 0 = 1.01
2/6/2023 15:47:07: [G_Auto 1] : Store Value (Shared) for event: Goal = 0 = 1.01
2/6/2023 15:47:18: [G_Auto 1] : Store Value (Shared) for event: Goal = 0 = 1.01
2/6/2023 15:47:24: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended

On the Ladder Screen it's showing closed. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

theflyfifer wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:02 pm
Hi Dallas, I redid the file to reflect the Market condition and it sat at Suspended for a full ten minutes and obviously didn't green after goal :-

I'll take a look in the morning when I next fire BA up, but just to clarify as you are testing for the market to be closed you just need to store a value named 'closed' (or something like that
with an 'Amounted Entered' 1
on the Event

and add a 'Market status condition'
also make sure on the General tab the 'allow rule to trigger while market is suspended' is ticked

Then add a 'Stored Value condition' to your green up rule to check
Stored value named 'closed'
is equal to 1
for the Event
Dallas

Dallas wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:58 pm
theflyfifer wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:02 pm

I'll take a look in the morning when I next fire BA up, but just to clarify as you are testing for the market to be closed you just need to store a value named 'closed' (or something like that
with an 'Amounted Entered' 1
on the Event

and add a 'Market status condition'
also make sure on the General tab the 'allow rule to trigger while market is suspended' is ticked

Then add a 'Stored Value condition' to your green up rule to check
Stored value named 'closed'
is equal to 1
for the Event
Just had a quick look at the file and its 98% right

You don't need the open SV rule,

On the closed SV rule you need to

also on the SV tab at the bottom just remove the rounding part

then as per my last reply
Add a 'Stored Value condition' to your green up rule to check
Stored value named 'Goal'
is equal to 1
for the Event
theflyfifer

Thanks for giving it a look. Did as you said and stored value not set to 1, same as before, Ladder screen showing closed, log file showing suspended then nothing. Added a rule to set "Closed" to 0 shortly after kick off to give the Back bet rule a reference only.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

theflyfifer wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:49 pm
Thanks for giving it a look. Did as you said and stored value not set to 1, same as before, Ladder screen showing closed, log file showing suspended then nothing. Added a rule to set "Closed" to 0 shortly after kick off to give the Back bet rule a reference only.
The first rule still isn't need but the other looks fine to me - except I have just noticed its not 'Always Armed' which it will need to be to trigger in a closed market

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”