RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
gstar1975

Anyone else notice the font change is different on the Profit Loss page (Top)?

Betfair Font different on Main page and Profit Loss page 220922.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

What's the date today?

Of course, it's Truss Day 18, thanks a lot Sky!!
Derek27

10 days of 24/7 news about the queen, but what now? It's all forgotten, she's forgotten, Britain's catching up with politics, Ukraine and the rest of the world. Not a single minute of news about the queen or even the new King. What a charade.
Derek27

"Police investigating cash for honours allegations linked to King Charles's charity the Prince's Foundation have interviewed two men under caution. It's understood the King has not been spoken to by investigating officers and hasn't been asked to."

"Hasn't been asked to" is a bit defensive, isn't it? Is it a reference to Prince Andrew not speaking to investigating officers when he was asked to?

Obviously he hasn't been asked to. There's not much point in investigating someone who's above the law. Even his brother appears to be immune to prosecution and extradition. What an advertisement for our monarchy. :lol: :lol:
Derek27

Two hours to cook a meal, five minutes eating it, fuck knows how long I'll spend doing the washing up when I get up in the afternoon!
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:09 am
Two hours to cook a meal, five minutes eating it, fuck knows how long I'll spend doing the washing up when I get up in the afternoon!
Snoop Dogg would like to have a word

Last edited by Kai on Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaunWhite

Another UK winner of the EuroMillions that wasn't me. :cry: Whoever it was I want to see their referendum voting slip to see if they're morally entitled to it.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:18 pm
Another UK winner of the EuroMillions that wasn't me. :cry: Whoever it was I want to see their referendum voting slip to see if they're morally entitled to it.
That's a good point, we should have been kicked out of the Euro lottery and people over here who've won it should have their prize confiscated. :)
Derek27

What idiot keeps placing 2 pence bets? Every time I place an order 2 pence gets matched first, before the rest!
Derek27

If a 500KG satellite hits a 1000-ton asteroid at 15,000 mph, you would think a physicist could calculate on paper how much the asteroid would slow down or change course. Even I could have a go at it, but NASA has decided to spend billions of dollars on an experiment!
Derek27

ASDA are very disability-friendly. They even have a security guard in a wheelchair. :lol:
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:28 pm
If a 500KG satellite hits a 1000-ton asteroid at 15,000 mph, you would think a physicist could calculate on paper how much the asteroid would slow down or change course. Even I could have a go at it, but NASA has decided to spend billions of dollars on an experiment!
Hasn't NASA ever heard of the Law of unintended consequences?! Most SCI-FI movies have it as a plotline but NASA seem oblivious! :)

What if they push this asteroid off its natural trajectory by a few degrees and through a game of cosmic snooker we get wiped out by an even bigger asteroid in a couple of hundred years!
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:09 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Hasn't NASA ever heard of the Law of unintended consequences?! Most SCI-FI movies have it as a plotline but NASA seem oblivious! :)

What if they push this asteroid off its natural trajectory by a few degrees and through a game of cosmic snooker we get wiped out by an even bigger asteroid in a couple of hundred years!
It's in orbit around a larger asteroid so the primary asteroid's course won't be affected. :)
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:14 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

It's in orbit around a larger asteroid so the primary asteroid's course won't be affected. :)
If sci-fi has thought us anything it's that there's always something the scientists don't account for. :D

What if when they send the final instructions for the spacecraft to crash into the asteroid it responds "I'm sorry NASA. I'm afraid I can't do that" and hurtles into the primary asteroid instead?! :P
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:27 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:14 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

If sci-fi has thought us anything it's that there's always something the scientists don't account for. :D

What if when they send the final instructions for the spacecraft to crash into the asteroid it responds "I'm sorry NASA. I'm afraid I can't do that" and hurtles into the primary asteroid instead?! :P
It will be our fault for allowing idiots like me to program computers. Think about that when you step into your first driverless car. :-)

Return to “General discussion”