Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
johnsheppard

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:47 pm
Personally, I would hit Russia and it’s assets worldwide and in space with overwhelming military firepower including tactical Nukes. Would need to be very well organised and timings key but doable. Some Russian Nukes would get through to western countries but to me it’s a price worth paying and would send a very clear message.
Is it worth mentioning that the humans made 8billion today (according to the TV)? That'd be good in the history books. 8Billion one day, a few less billion the next.

But then, that's just number bias.
Archery1969

Poland speaking to NATO on what basis Article 4 has been breached.

NATO meeting n Brussels tomorrow, flight path of missile is being investigated together with debris taken away in Poland.
Archangel

How do you prove whether a missle was fired deliberately or not?
Derek27

Archangel wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:36 pm
You can't with 100% certainty, but they can conclude it's extremely improbable it was an accident.
Archery1969

Archangel wrote:
Missiles dont generally launch by themselves, its either launched my an operator or automated system.

These days, even automated systems are unlikely to launch a missile at random or because of software/hardware failure. Not saying it can't happen but highly unlikely. Years of design, testing and re-testing under different conditions are carried out before they enter service, for obvious reasons.

So, therefore, it was probably launched deliberately. Question is, was it aimed at Ukraine or Poland. If the latter and Russia luanched it then thats a game changer and could lead to Article 5 conditons being met.
wearthefoxhat

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:57 pm
Archangel wrote:
Missiles dont generally launch by themselves, its either launched my an operator or automated system.

These days, even automated systems are unlikely to launch a missile at random or because of software/hardware failure. Not saying it can't happen but highly unlikely. Years of design, testing and re-testing under different conditions are carried out before they enter service, for obvious reasons.

So, therefore, it was probably launched deliberately. Question is, was it aimed at Ukraine or Poland. If the latter and Russia luanched it then thats a game changer and could lead to Article 5 conditons being met.
Russians' tech has already proven to be glitchy. Their recent nuclear sub test didn't work properly, so it could have been a rogue missile on this occasion, although I feel it was more of a test from Russia on the resolve of NATO.

It's like the game of chess similar to when Spassky played Fischer in the seventies, and then immigrated to France to become a French citizen. USSR lost that one too.
Archangel

Archery1969 wrote:
Archangel wrote:

I meant if it was deliberately targeted at Poland or not. The fact that it landed in a random field would suggest it was one that went astray or was hit
Archery1969

Archangel wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:34 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Archangel wrote:

I meant if it was deliberately targeted at Poland or not. The fact that it landed in a random field would suggest it was one that went astray or was hit
It was a SV-300 anti aircraft missile, so probably launched by Ukraine to bring down Russian hypersonic missiles and went astray after missing the intended target. But in one respect that matters not, if your trying to intercept 100 missiles then things will go wrong. Poland will be angry at Ukraine but fully understand they fighting for their country, lives and very existence.

War’s are terrible, the innocent always pay a very high price. But it’s been that way since the year dot.

Once Poland has calmed down they will realise and argue strongly for a no fly zone over Ukraine.

Many believe I itching for a war, I’m not but Putin needs to be stopped one way or the other. We all know what Hitler was allowed to do before the world woke up, he made some serious mistakes, luckily for Europe, if he hadn’t then things would have been different and I plus many others would be fluent in German. That’s by no means any disrespect for Germany now or their citizens but you get the drift.

The west, Europe, NATO need to grow some balls and quickly or there be hell to pay for many outside of Ukraine.
napshnap

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:19 am
Archangel wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:

It was a SV-300 anti aircraft missile, so probably launched by Ukraine to bring down Russian hypersonic missiles and went astray after missing the intended target. But in one respect that matters not, if your trying to intercept 100 missiles then things will go wrong. Poland will be angry at Ukraine but fully understand they fighting for their country, lives and very existence.

War’s are terrible, the innocent always pay a very high price. But it’s been that way since the year dot.

Once Poland has calmed down they will realise and argue strongly for a no fly zone over Ukraine.

Many believe I itching for a war, I’m not but Putin needs to be stopped one way or the other. We all know what Hitler was allowed to do before the world woke up...
That's unthinkable! Also, the question for you personally: would you accept killing baby Hitler to prevent ww2?
Archery1969

napshnap wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:03 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Archangel wrote:

Many believe I itching for a war, I’m not but Putin needs to be stopped one way or the other. We all know what Hitler was allowed to do before the world woke up...
That's unthinkable! Also, the question for you personally: would you accept killing baby Hitler to prevent ww2?
Hitler should have been removed/killed the moment he invaded Czechoslovakia.
Derek27

If somebody 100 years ago got up ten minutes late, history would take a different course and many of us would never have been born. :)
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
It was a SV-300 anti aircraft missile, so probably launched by Ukraine to bring down Russian hypersonic missiles and went astray after missing the intended target.
We heard it here first. :)

Ukraine requesting access to the site, claiming they have evidence of a Russian trail.
Derek27

I think people are overlooking the big issue here. Who pays for the blown-up tracker?
Derek27

Get in your bunker Archery, North Korea has just launched its biggest ever nuclear missile, capable of reaching the UK. :)
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:37 am
Get in your bunker Archery, North Korea has just launched its biggest ever nuclear missile, capable of reaching the UK. :)
"Get in your bunker"?? Where do you think he's writing from :mrgreen: )?

Return to “Chill Out Area”