Ukraine Crisis

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

napshnap wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:17 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:37 am
Get in your bunker Archery, North Korea has just launched its biggest ever nuclear missile, capable of reaching the UK. :)
"Get in your bunker"?? Where do you think he's writing from :mrgreen: )?
:lol:
Archery1969

I been in my bunker since February, seriously need a shower and to clean the toilet.
greenmark

Putin and his new Ukraine General appear to be trying to freeze Ukraine into submission. Utterly feeble.
I hope we will help Ukraine rebuild their energy infrastructure.

As for Putin, this defines what his regime is about. Nauseating cynicism. Feeble effectiveness on the battlefield in the face of an opponent that has justice on their side.
Now he's attempting to destroy essential infrastructure. OK so what if the West provides weapons to hit Russian infrastructure?
Escalation. But it's Russia that has escalated from day 1.
Invading a sovereign state (that they sanctioned the creation of in the first place). And now having been repelled and forced back are now trying to bypass the frontline, because they''re bloody useless in that arena.
It baffles me how we've arrived here. From perestroika and glasnost to war. How did that happen?
Derek27

Sunak's taller than Zelenski. :shock:
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:56 pm
Sunak's taller than Zelenski. :shock:
I get a strong Aladdin animated film nostalgia when I see them together.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:24 pm
Putin and his new Ukraine General appear to be trying to freeze Ukraine into submission. Utterly feeble.

As for Putin, this defines what his regime is about. Nauseating cynicism. Feeble effectiveness on the battlefield in the face of an opponent that has justice on their side.
Now he's attempting to destroy essential infrastructure. OK so what if the West provides weapons to hit Russian infrastructure?
Invading a sovereign state (that they sanctioned the creation of in the first place). And now having been repelled and forced back are now trying to bypass the frontline, because they''re bloody useless in that arena.
It baffles me how we've arrived here. From perestroika and glasnost to war. How did that happen?
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy believes that Ukraine might have lost its statehood if he had warned that there would be a war and encouraged citizens to evacuate.
this would create a great risk that Russia would try to occupy northern Ukraine or other territories one more time.
Who should defend [the country - ed.]? Do you think that only people with weapons should defend it?
And what is Ukraine? Land and families. What if all their families left? What are they defending?
If there were no people left in Ukraine, we would have lost our state.
If there are no people in the city, then missiles will fall everywhere (What??), and every city will face the kind of situation we had in Mariupol
https://www.yahoo.com/video/zelenskyy-b ... 26238.html
Archery1969

The UK is sending 1,000 anti air missiles, 125 automated radar controlled anti air guns plus anti drone technology to Ukraine. They will also train and equip another 16,000 new recruits over the next 6 months.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:14 pm
greenmark wrote:

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy believes that Ukraine might have lost its statehood if he had warned that there would be a war and encouraged citizens to evacuate.
this would create a great risk that Russia would try to occupy northern Ukraine or other territories one more time.
Who should defend [the country - ed.]? Do you think that only people with weapons should defend it?
And what is Ukraine? Land and families. What if all their families left? What are they defending?
If there are no people in the city, then missiles will fall everywhere (What??), and every city will face the kind of situation we had in Mariupol
Sorry. no amount of you trying to spin this into a wholesome, justifiable conflict is going to work.
Putin's regime is toxic. If you you can''t see that, you're lost. Please come back to common sense and logic and humanity.
This is a pointless personal project that is costing millions of people a huge amount of pain.
napshnap

greenmark wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:57 pm
napshnap wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:14 pm
greenmark wrote:

Sorry. no amount of you trying to spin this into a wholesome, justifiable conflict is going to work.
Putin's regime is toxic. If you you can''t see that, you're lost. Please come back to common sense and logic and humanity.
This is a pointless personal project that is costing millions of people a huge amount of pain.
The problem is, I think, there is no common sense and logic and humanity in conflict-supporting regimes either. This all is the fn mess where nobody has a strong moral high ground.
greenmark

napshnap wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:23 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:57 pm
The problem is, I think, there is no common sense and logic and humanity in conflict-supporting regimes either. This all is the fn mess where nobody has a strong moral high ground.
The difference between Putin and "The West" is we launched violence at patently terrible reigimes. Iraq, Afghanistan and we even walked away from Syria. Putin's regime walked into Ukraine. There is no moral reason for that. That's the difference. I really hope the Russian people can overcome the propoganda and remove Putin with dignity. But it's looking really poor at the moment.
Derek27

Ukraine to be supplied with ground-launched Brimstone missiles, capable of flying through a window, along a corridor and down a spiral staircase. :D
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:40 am
Ukraine to be supplied with ground-launched Brimstone missiles, capable of flying through a window, along a corridor and down a spiral staircase. :D
Its secret name is "Benny Hill missiles".
Archery1969

https://www.thedrive.com/uploads/2022/0 ... &width=750

These can be rapidly launched at aircraft, tanks or ships.

I don’t know about Benny Hill Missiles but they made by MBDA not far from me. 🤠
Derek27

Boris the Buffoon's to be made an honourary citizen of Ukraine. If I was Sunak I'd refuse any further assistance with the war until the decision is reversed.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:24 pm
Boris the Buffoon's to be made an honourary citizen of Ukraine. If I was Sunak I'd refuse any further assistance with the war until the decision is reversed.
There be loads of cute Ukraine blonds lining up to shag him. :lol:

Return to “Chill Out Area”