Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Archangel

Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:13 pm
Archangel wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:47 pm
Does anyone have any strong opinions on what are the fastest widely available horse racing pictures these days ?
TPD is provides the fastest feed from the races

Is the in running software any good do you know?
xtrader16

£16k matched at 1.01 on Saint Calvados. Jockey on Coole Cody (Adam Wedge) tricked all the IR bettors that he had no chance, pressed the on button and won easily. Jockeys are more than aware what is going on in the IR markets.
ShaunWhite

xtrader16 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:13 pm
£16k matched at 1.01 on Saint Calvados. Jockey on Coole Cody (Adam Wedge) tricked all the IR bettors that he had no chance, pressed the on button and won easily. Jockeys are more than aware what is going on in the IR markets.
"tricked"? They're mugs, huge overreactions to what's hardly a blue moon event. It's easy pickings perpetually offering poor value though so you won't find me complaining.
Euler

Archangel wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:44 pm
Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:13 pm
Archangel wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:47 pm
Does anyone have any strong opinions on what are the fastest widely available horse racing pictures these days ?
TPD is provides the fastest feed from the races

Is the in running software any good do you know?
It's in Bet Angel
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:54 pm
xtrader16 wrote:
"tricked"? They're mugs, huge overreactions to what's hardly a blue moon event. It's easy pickings perpetually offering poor value though so you won't find me complaining.
I noticed Betfiar fiddled a few reduction factors today to make some of the withdraw runners a bit more palatable, but not this one!
peachflame

Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:00 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
xtrader16 wrote:
I noticed Betfiar fiddled a few reduction factors today to make some of the withdraw runners a bit more palatable, but not this one!
I'm at a loss as to what happened on this race, I had a few back bets matched on Calvados a few minutes before the fave was withdrawn, my bets were reduced to 1.01 according to an 82.01% RF. Can't remember the exact odds i was originally matched at, somewhere around 3. Can't see how this adds up.
peachflame

peachflame wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:24 pm
Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:00 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

I'm at a loss as to what happened on this race, I had a few back bets matched on Calvados a few minutes before the fave was withdrawn, my bets were reduced to 1.01 according to an 82.01% RF. Can't remember the exact odds i was originally matched at, somewhere around 3. Can't see how this adds up.
The numbers make sense to me now off the back of such a massive reduction factor, such a stitch up! Explains the matched amount at 1.01
MemphisFlash

One bot, 2 markets
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Black Ice

What is TPD please? Never heard of it!??
Dallas

Black Ice wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:53 am
What is TPD please? Never heard of it!??
Total Performance Data

There provide real time tracking and data via transponders in horses saddles (ie, speed, stride, position, distance from leader etc)
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/bet- ... ance-data/

and in V1.60 released this morning you can also display runners on a map within Bet Angel and bet on runners by clicking them
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=26591

Map1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

a good, varied week of trades

Capture.PNG
Black Ice

Dallas wrote:There provide real time tracking and data via transponders in horses saddles (ie, speed, stride, position, distance from leader etc)

Many thanks Dallas. Sounds far too complicated for me!! So its not a video feed like Betfair...it's saddle cloth numbers moving on a racecourse map....is that correct? Not sure if using the two together would help or complicate things!? Presume you wd have to say it helps....but I'm not sure!
wearthefoxhat

Black Ice wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:23 am
Dallas wrote:There provide real time tracking and data via transponders in horses saddles (ie, speed, stride, position, distance from leader etc)

Many thanks Dallas. Sounds far too complicated for me!! So its not a video feed like Betfair...it's saddle cloth numbers moving on a racecourse map....is that correct? Not sure if using the two together would help or complicate things!? Presume you wd have to say it helps....but I'm not sure!
The way I'd use it, would be to back up my pre-race assessment of the way I expect the race to unfold. If the pace, position/tactics align, then I'd have the confirmation that the probability of the outcome would be on target. (nothing guaranteed of course)

I took a trial a while back, but felt, on balance the information on BA and its' In-Play trader was sufficient for my needs.
Euler

Constitution Hill :o
Archangel

Seems to be some liquidity around today

Return to “Trading Horse racing”