UK General Election 2024 (or 25)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
sionascaig

Archangel wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:13 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:51 pm
Starmer wants to abolish the House of Lords. :D

How would that work? Would the bill have to be passed by the House of Lords? :lol:
How does anyone become a member of that House in the first place?
A donation of 250k to any of the political parties (apart from snp or greens) or chair of the conservative party is usually enough. Last time a looked cons were the cheapest & labour most expensive. One of the most expensive private members clubs in the UK although benefits are quite nice.
Derek27

BREAKING NEWS: Richi Sunak goes to a private doctor's surgery for £250 a time!!!

Did anyone really think he spends an hour in an NHS waiting room with the riff-raff surrounded by a camera crew? :lol:
Derek27

Suella Braverman makes a complete arse of herself at the select committee on immigration. :lol: :lol:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/home-secretar ... 87m5lDmF-W
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:15 am
BREAKING NEWS: Richi Sunak goes to a private doctor's surgery for £250 a time!!!

Did anyone really think he spends an hour in an NHS waiting room with the riff-raff surrounded by a camera crew? :lol:
So do I but it’s covered by my insurance, I also get remote videos calls from a Doctor within 8 hours.

🤠
Archangel

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:29 pm
Suella Braverman makes a complete arse of herself at the select committee on immigration. :lol: :lol:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/home-secretar ... 87m5lDmF-W
For someone who looks like ET, she has no problem telling other people to 'go home'
Archery1969

I like New Zealand’s approach, wouldn’t even allow me in from another common wealth country.

Think I am right in saying they only allow 1,200 per year to settle there. The rest are deported ASAP. No hotels. New Zealanders don’t seem to moan about it either. Same could probably be said for Australia, Canada and USA. It seems only the do gooders here in the UK are the snowflakes wanting to let every fcuker and their dog settle here.

It seems to me that if Scotland/SNP get there way and attitude to immigration then there will need to be one hell of a giant fence on the Scotland/England border.
sionascaig

Scotland needs loads of folk for sure... Lots of jobs going & an aging population.

Not sure you would need a big fence.. the issue is on the south coast.. maybe need to build that wave machine?
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:48 am
I like New Zealand’s approach, wouldn’t even allow me in from another common wealth country.

Think I am right in saying they only allow 1,200 per year to settle there. The rest are deported ASAP. No hotels. New Zealanders don’t seem to moan about it either. Same could probably be said for Australia, Canada and USA. It seems only the do gooders here in the UK are the snowflakes wanting to let every fcuker and their dog settle here.

It seems to me that if Scotland/SNP get there way and attitude to immigration then there will need to be one hell of a giant fence on the Scotland/England border.
Thats odd given they had a net migration loss to june 2022 of 11,500.
May be your chances are better than when you last checked. :-)
Archangel

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:48 am
. It seems only the do gooders here in the UK are the snowflakes wanting to let every fcuker and their dog settle here.
Down with people trying to do good ;)

As if the countries problems are all down to a few unfortunate people clinging to a dingy in the Channel
greenmark

13,000 in hospital well enough to leave but can't because there isn't sufficient care in the community available.
Amazingly stupid. Nurses and doctors are not carers, they are expensive clinicians.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:21 pm
13,000 in hospital well enough to leave but can't because there isn't sufficient care in the community available.
Amazingly stupid. Nurses and doctors are not carers, they are expensive clinicians.
They'll be laying off the cleaners and getting the consultants to do the job next.
Archery1969

The NHS needs to be a 2 tier system like the discussion paper in Scotland.

Those earning over £50k need to get their wallets out as they can easily afford private health care.

It will come at some point and should have happened years ago.
Archangel

wheres the loot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:47 pm

Those earning over £50k need to get their wallets out as they can easily afford private health care.

Private health care is like an IT contractor.
Sits alongside permies and receives double what they earn. Why? Becuase they are "temporary" and can be ditched easily.
Until the NHS is properly funded, private health will always be lobbying and nibbling around the edges of the NHS and making a good profit as well.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:23 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:47 pm

Private health care is like an IT contractor.
Sits alongside permies and receives double what they earn. Why? Becuase they are "temporary" and can be ditched easily.
Until the NHS is properly funded, private health will always be lobbying and nibbling around the edges of the NHS and making a good profit as well.
I not talking about private contract staff that the NHS brings in and pays them £300 per 8 hour shift.

I mean you take out private health insurance and go to private hospitals for diagnostics and treatment.

I had a problem last month, went to GP, he said will probably be 3 months before you get seen. Asked for a referral letter, came home, called Aviva, seen at Nuffield 2 days later. They since changed my policy so now I don’t need a GP referral anymore, private video call/diagnostic instead.

You could say that’s the way the NHS should work but that would cost £billions more and the country can’t afford it.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”