BITCOIN as an alternative to regular currency

napshnap

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:39 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:30 pm
Without capitalism we'd still be living in caves.
With capitalism some don't even have a cave.

That's a smart arse wordplay reply but I don't see a problem with that. 'Primative' tribes were content for centuries until one of them got a tin roof and an Adidas t-shirt...
... and ak-47)
gazuty

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:37 am
It's only the 15th but that's an early contender for bleakest post of the year surely.
;)

Happy New Year Shaun
Kai

Welp, real currencies or no, tangible or intangible, the opportunities around them appear to be real enough!

Indeed, the more you zoom out the bleaker life can look, and vice versa, always depends on your viewing angles and mood states etc, but the data behind happiness (or at least the way we measure it) does suggest we generally aren't any more happier than our ancestors were despite owning more stuff and enjoying more freedoms, because of that annoying "first world problems" phenomena, of which the rant thread is a prime example I think.

It all reminds me of this excellent channel which more or less lines up with my thoughts as well, they express it much better than any chunky paragraph I could ever write : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uLL418S1GQ
wearthefoxhat

Kai wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:00 pm
Welp, real currencies or no, tangible or intangible, the opportunities around them appear to be real enough!

Indeed, the more you zoom out the bleaker life can look, and vice versa, always depends on your viewing angles and mood states etc, but the data behind happiness (or at least the way we measure it) does suggest we generally aren't any more happier than our ancestors were despite owning more stuff and enjoying more freedoms, because of that annoying "first world problems" phenomena, of which the rant thread is a prime example I think.

It all reminds me of this excellent channel which more or less lines up with my thoughts as well, they express it much better than any chunky paragraph I could ever write : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uLL418S1GQ
Good one. Presented in a Monty Python-esque form as well. :D
jamesedwards

Kai wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:00 pm

This claims at 5m35s that the average British man drinks 1100 pints of beer per year. :lol:
Kai

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:26 pm
This claims at 5m35s that the average British man drinks 1100 pints of beer per year. :lol:
Is this why we have a beer garden forum thread :D

decomez6

Everyone has a cost Benefit to the economy.
Your overall expenditure is someone else's wages . Meaning whatever you spend goes into someone else's pockets .
E.g cost of bringing up a child .. you never see that money but you see your child grow
cost-of-raising-a-child.jpg
So how much do you save ?

In reality capitalism is build on Debt and the Faith upon which creditors will lend money hoping to get it back .

The holders of the initial capital will dictate the interest to be paid and will also protect their capital using insurance policies and tax avoidance schemes .e.g Rich dad poor dad will show you how to avoid paying taxes by taking out good loans and using them as capital and claim back all your initial investment as tax returns hence paying no taxes on your income.

Any interest accrued from lending the money , will create new money out of thin air .

Governments will always reward risk takers ( interprenuers) who start their businesses and create money of good debts .

The whole system is summed up in the American dollar
" In GOD we Trust".. everyone for themselves God zfor us all .

-Do you have capital in terms of savings ?
-Do you have good or bad debts ?
-Where is your surplus capital invested ?
-Is it protected against inflation ?
-What are the institutions holding your capital ( BF and BANKS )doing with it ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:39 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:30 pm
Without capitalism we'd still be living in caves.
With capitalism some don't even have a cave.

That's a smart arse wordplay reply but I don't see a problem with that. 'Primative' tribes were content for centuries until one of them got a tin roof and an Adidas t-shirt.
If you still lived in a cave you woulnd't have lived long enough to make that post.

Progress is an odd thing, but has generally delivered much better conditions and life expectancy that banning it. People are in much better shape than there were 100 years ago, let along 100,000 years ago.
Archangel

People will always compare themselves to their peers, and what they see in the media. Life might be a lot simpler if we compared ourselves to what our grandparents had, or to a poor person in Africa, but that just aint gonna happen. This creates a need and a want for good and services that keeps the machine going. Ultimately we are all doomed to never be content :lol:
johnsheppard

Euler wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:55 am

If you still lived in a cave you woulnd't have lived long enough to make that post.

Progress is an odd thing, but has generally delivered much better conditions and life expectancy that banning it. People are in much better shape than there were 100 years ago, let along 100,000 years ago.
For humans...

Until things go pear shaped, then someone's probably in for a lot of suffering... or pleasure..

BITCOIN may be an apt analogy....
Euler

Archangel wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:25 pm
People will always compare themselves to their peers, and what they see in the media. Life might be a lot simpler if we compared ourselves to what our grandparents had, or to a poor person in Africa, but that just aint gonna happen. This creates a need and a want for good and services that keeps the machine going. Ultimately we are all doomed to never be content :lol:
I sort of worked out a few years ago that people's dissatisfaction is often driving by their comparison with others. If you can let that go, you can lead a really happy life on your own terms.
Dallas

Seeing a bit of a charge today, currently up over 30% since Friday and 23% just for today
jimibt

yup -i think crypto bouncing in response to the CPI being a non-event. maybe some caution on direction on thu/friday with the FOMC... interesting times :D
Tuco

Peter - did you have any dealings with Bernie Madoff?
Dallas

jimibt wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:02 pm
yup -i think crypto bouncing in response to the CPI being a non-event. maybe some caution on direction on thu/friday with the FOMC... interesting times :D
I started buying it for a longer term investment, I couldn't be doing with the hassle of attempting to day trade it and continually trying to keep up with and react to so many news sources.

That sudden surge between 12:30pm and 13:05pm now retraced and it's back to where it was almost to the pound

Return to “Cryptocurrency”