Hunting for Profit - Other in-play courses

The sport of kings.
Kai

Brovashift wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:38 pm
But what I noticed was my level of anxiety, from entering the trade to greening up was super intense, something I don't experience in-play.
Probably just very different comfort zone levels, between the two
Brovashift

Kai wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:33 pm
Brovashift wrote:
Can anyone vouch for InPlayWithIvan course?
Not seen that one but I can vouch for Jim's Telegram channel, forgot the name of it but he promises daily gains of up to 1000%!

(Too soon? :D )
I read that then and was like "Jim? Is that Ivan's real name :?: :? "

Then realised you were taking the piss :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brovashift

Kai wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:37 pm
Brovashift wrote:
But what I noticed was my level of anxiety, from entering the trade to greening up was super intense, something I don't experience in-play.
Ye I think in play I am trading like the fundamentals, its pretty hard to argue and trade against a horse thats running/jumping badley, so I can take some comfort in knowing everyone else can see what I can see. Some can see more, and sooner than me, like with TPD.
Pre-off, I have my idea, manage my risk and profit tragets, then have to rely on others to come in behind me and support my idea. Waiting for them can often be nail biting lol
Kai

Brovashift wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:58 pm
Kai wrote:
Brovashift wrote:
Ye I think in play I am trading like the fundamentals, its pretty hard to argue and trade against a horse thats running/jumping badley, so I can take some comfort in knowing everyone else can see what I can see. Some can see more, and sooner than me, like with TPD.
Pre-off, I have my idea, manage my risk and profit tragets, then have to rely on others to come in behind me and support my idea. Waiting for them can often be nail biting lol
Ye, speculating is much trickier mentally, maybe can try lowering stakes a bit to compensate, to get a bit more comfortable holding onto different types of positions overall, but not too low to turn anxiety into boredom, I feel everyone has to find their own comfort zone and build on that
arbitrage16

As a member of HFP I can say it's very good - definitely not quick, but will get you to where you want to go.

I'd like to improve my trading, who wouldn't, and think further education is the way to go.

My question is - better to look at carl's trading or Back for Profit for this purpose?
wearthefoxhat

It sounds as though the course mentioned could be the way to go..but, I'm sure with a little application, the right type race(s) can be found doing you're own R&D :?

Dundalk 6.30pm Although no specific draw advantage, stats suggest a lower draw slightly best.

DrawATR.png

So, if there's pace from the lower part of the draw, then there's a fair chance of a lead into the early part of the race.
7. Dun Na Saes (4) & 1. Ampeson (2) find the short-list

PaceRTV.png

Is there any other evidence to support this?

PaceATR.png

As Ampeson was denied a clear run last time, the connections will likely be more determined to get an early position in this race. The price is around 7.60 as I write. Could wait until nearer the race and then look to trade a QOB or HOB In-Play.

All info freely availabe on the ATR and Racing TV racecards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

Went for a QOB trade. Price dropped to 6.0 Pre!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

BSP of Ampeson was 6.40, hit a low of 5.0.

AmpesonLow.png

The other runner mentioned Dun Na Sead BSP was 103.00. Hit a Low of 4.30 :shock:

DunNaSaed.png
JuiceyJones

Thanks for putting that together. Fox.
JuiceyJones

arbitrage16 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:13 pm
As a member of HFP I can say it's very good - definitely not quick, but will get you to where you want to go.

I'd like to improve my trading, who wouldn't, and think further education is the way to go.

My question is - better to look at carl's trading or Back for Profit for this purpose?
If you like the slow and steady approach probably BFP. Carl's trading is a lot move active (for me at least). Enjoyed both though and learned much.
wearthefoxhat

JuiceyJones wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:40 pm
Thanks for putting that together. Fox.
You're welcome.

Timeform & GeeGeez (paid services) £30 & £36 a pop monthly, also have some nice pacecards. (can't have too many) but generally, the ATR & Racing TV are sufficient when compared against each other.
arbitrage16

Kai wrote:
Brovashift wrote:
Comfort zone levels? I don't think that accurately communicates what you're trying to say
arbitrage16

JuiceyJones wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:46 pm
arbitrage16 wrote:

If you like the slow and steady approach probably BFP. Carl's trading is a lot move active (for me at least). Enjoyed both though and learned much.
Interesting, I suppose my focus with the education piece is to expand my understanding of the market. Does Carl's approach do this?

Anything else you can share about your experience there I'd be interested to hear thanks
JuiceyJones

arbitrage16 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:40 pm
JuiceyJones wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:46 pm
arbitrage16 wrote:

Interesting, I suppose my focus with the education piece is to expand my understanding of the market. Does Carl's approach do this?

Anything else you can share about your experience there I'd be interested to hear thanks
Well. Without going into to much detail both courses obviously explain strategy with explanations as to how the market effects each one. Carl has several. PW posted this link earlier in the thread which gives a better outline than I probably could. BFP reads more towards the bottom.

https://runlikeadrain.com/back-for-profit-review/
Simoba

arbitrage16 wrote:

I have not done Carl's course, so cannot offer comment, however I have been with HFP and BFP and for me personally, BFP has been a game changer. It is certainly scalable enough to earn a good living, yet it does require discipline and patience. The race selection process is a key criteria, so there is never a trade in every race. Plus the chap who runs it, Andrew, is very hands on to help you achieve your trading goals, which is long term profitability. Highly recommended.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”