Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

Derek27

I'm disappointed with the level of abuse Betfair is getting on Twitter. It's fallen well below previous standards and reduced to simple "I want to cash out" tweets. Bring back the guy with the monkey memes. :)
napshnap

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:59 pm
I'm disappointed with the level of abuse Betfair is getting on Twitter. It's fallen well below previous standards and reduced to simple "I want to cash out" tweets. Bring back the guy with the monkey memes. :)
They got him, Derek. They got him :cry: ...

beermonsterman

napshnap wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:30 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:59 pm
They got him, Derek. They got him :cry: ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

Our service was not good enough today, it must and will be better...

Think I've heard that before!
Euler

Betfair wrote:The Betfair Exchange will be unavailable on Tuesday 7th March 05:30 to 06:30 GMT due to planned maintenance
mickeytrader

Thx for info!
lotora

system down
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

lotora wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:38 am
system down
That was planned, see two posts ago. You can get prior email warnings of planned maintenance by subscribing to the forum below.

https://forum.developer.betfair.com/for ... ouncements
Derek27

Betfair wrote:We had multiple failovers of the Exchange Bet Stream on Saturday, which caused a full snapshot to be sent out to our other downstream applications. One of these applications ran out of memory when trying to process the snapshot, causing long garbage collection, and leading to bet placement failures. To mitigate such problems, we are currently in the process of aggressively reducing & tuning memory usage across both the Bet Stream and our downstream applications.
Haven't a clue what they're talking about but at least we've got an explanation. :)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:46 am
Betfair wrote:We had multiple failovers of the Exchange Bet Stream on Saturday, which caused a full snapshot to be sent out to our other downstream applications. One of these applications ran out of memory when trying to process the snapshot, causing long garbage collection, and leading to bet placement failures. To mitigate such problems, we are currently in the process of aggressively reducing & tuning memory usage across both the Bet Stream and our downstream applications.
Haven't a clue what they're talking about but at least we've got an explanation. :)
The api usually delivers deltas, changes since the last update. If you request a full snapshot when loading a new market, or they start streaming snapshots as it seems here, it's a hell of a lot bigger and it all goes bang.

As an aside what I think is quite interesting is how it's worth leaving at least half an hour either side of a planned outage if you want to bet into typical markets. Looking at incomming network traffic around the last planned outage it's definately the case that people wind down early and then take a while to wind up again. The scale is Mb per 10mins.
Screenshot_22.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:04 am
As an aside what I think is quite interesting is how it's worth leaving at least half an hour either side of a planned outage if you want to bet into typical markets. Looking at incomming network traffic around the last planned outage it's definately the case that people wind down early and then take a while to wind up again. The scale is Mb per 10mins.
Is your overnight trading on overnight markets or are you offering prices to the afternoon racing markets?
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:01 am
Is your overnight trading on overnight markets or are you offering prices to the afternoon racing markets?
Aus horses and dogs.
Derek27

I've placed a couple of bets that didn't go in.
deestar

here we go again? very late suspend on the 14:05 from Wolverhampton
Michael5482

deestar wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:08 pm
here we go again? very late suspend on the 14:05 from Wolverhampton
No issues on the football Bournemouth v Liverpool has been exemplary

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”