"Trading the Market" YouTube Channel - Genuine Community or Just Another Marketing Scheme?

A place to discuss anything.
mikki23

Hi everyone,

I recently stumbled upon a YouTube channel called "Trading the Market" that seems to be gaining some traction. I'm curious if anyone here has heard of it or has any experience with it?

On the surface, it appears to be a free community that shares trading tips and strategies, but I can't help but be a bit skeptical. I'm currently a member of their Discord server and have noticed an influx of new members recently. However, I have noticed that many of these new members seem pretty naive and inexperienced in the trading world.

This has made me wonder if they are simply using the guise of a community to build up a customer base before eventually selling products like courses or other services. The comparison with another YouTube channel called "Betfair Trading Community" is obvious, and it seems like they are just pretending to be a community in order to make money. I don't want to get caught up in another overhyped "guru" marketing scheme.

Has anyone else noticed this or do you have a different perspective? I'd love to hear your thoughts before I invest any more time into watching their videos or engaging with their community.

Thanks!
ShaunWhite

I don't know the place but rememeber a tip isn't a tip unless it comes with a target price And as every horse has target price then why are they 'tipping' that one? If you see a tip without a price it's bullshit for people who think making money is about finding winners regardless of what price they are.
Kai

Looks like very basic stuff filled with all the trading clichés, need a lot more than this to beat the markets

Their plan seems to be selling a ton of courses on the website, but no P&Ls or ladder videos or any value etc, thus no credibility

Don't look like scammers, just newbies

Avoid
Anbell

mikki23 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:06 pm
I don't want to get caught up in another overhyped "guru" marketing scheme.
Then stop looking?

Return to “General discussion”