Australian racing

The sport of kings.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:33 am
Are the clocks going back an hour in Australia this weekend?
Next week I think. 1st Sunday in April

But Daylight Saving Time is observed in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, the Australian Capital Territory and Norfolk Island. But not in Queensland, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, Christmas Island or the Cocos (Keeling) Islands.

1st Sunday in April and 1st Sunday in October I just scratch as it saves any cockups.

https://www.australia.gov.au/time-zones ... ght-saving
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:22 am
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:33 am
Are the clocks going back an hour in Australia this weekend?
Next week I think. 1st Sunday in April

But Daylight Saving Time is observed in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Tasmania, the Australian Capital Territory and Norfolk Island. But not in Queensland, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, Christmas Island or the Cocos (Keeling) Islands.

1st Sunday in April and 1st Sunday in October I just scratch as it saves any cockups.

https://www.australia.gov.au/time-zones ... ght-saving
And I thought data modelling was complex. ;)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:46 am
And I thought data modelling was complex. ;)
:lol: I can do a lot but this is step too far. ½hr zones, some do some don't. Try understanding this would probably mean something more important will fall out of my brain ram to make room so for the sake of 2 days a year I can't risk it.
eightbo

fptp LTP 140 in the Archer (Rockhampton)
Derek27

This thread's gone pretty quiet since I stopped trading Australia, a whole month without a post. :lol:
sionascaig

Loaded up AUS markets c 9pm yesterday & again this morning on a different instance of BA and just noticed some differences in race start times, e.g, Redcliffe 11:16 from last nights load but 11:10 from this morning...

Would have expected race start times to go out if anything not come in. Is this common?
Anbell

sionascaig wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 11:14 am
Loaded up AUS markets c 9pm yesterday & again this morning on a different instance of BA and just noticed some differences in race start times, e.g, Redcliffe 11:16 from last nights load but 11:10 from this morning...

Would have expected race start times to go out if anything not come in. Is this common?
Uncommon
thepressure

Hi

as a scalper, what races do i need to avoid for the extra charge, is the a sign in BA that shows which ones these are or do I just have to remember?

Also whats liquidity like day to day on these, how much is average matched race you reckon?

Thanks
Anbell

thepressure wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:26 pm
Hi

as a scalper, what races do i need to avoid for the extra charge, is the a sign in BA that shows which ones these are or do I just have to remember?

Also whats liquidity like day to day on these, how much is average matched race you reckon?

Thanks
The transaction charge is on NSW races
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1363969328
gazuty

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:25 pm
This thread's gone pretty quiet since I stopped trading Australia, a whole month without a post. :lol:
We are frozen Derek. It’s as cold as a witches t*ts down here.
grimm

hello everyone,

I try search but can't find. anyone tell which AUS and US market are liquid enough. thanks
Derek27

grimm wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:19 pm
hello everyone,

I try search but can't find. anyone tell which AUS and US market are liquid enough. thanks
Depends what you mean by "liquid enough". US markets have very poor liquidity besides the occasional big meetings but Australia's big Saturday meetings, especially during peak season, are very tradable.
grimm

Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:52 pm
grimm wrote:
hello everyone,

Depends what you mean by "liquid enough". US markets have very poor liquidity besides the occasional big meetings but Australia's big Saturday meetings, especially during peak season, are very tradable.
Thanks for quick response

Im using Automation which is basically £2 stake. I like to run through more market ( pre market). I see sometime US market only match like £100. I think for £2 stake I probably say over £20k market is liquid enough. I trade UK and IRL market. I hope you under what I meant!
Derek27

grimm wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 10:05 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:52 pm
grimm wrote:
hello everyone,

Thanks for quick response

Im using Automation which is basically £2 stake. I like to run through more market ( pre market). I see sometime US market only match like £100. I think for £2 stake I probably say over £20k market is liquid enough. I trade UK and IRL market. I hope you under what I meant!
I gave up trading US years ago and Australia more recently when they reduced the turnover charge turnover limit, but personally I'd just have a rule to check the turnover for the market n minutes out has met a required threshold. Or if you keep the market turnover in a history list you can check the change in turnover.

Somebody might have some stats they're willing to share but it would be quite easy to run a rules file that just logs the turnover for each market to a spreadsheet so you can total the data, produce averages, etc.
sionascaig

grimm wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 10:05 pm

I have automation running on Aus & US markets that starts when volume > £100 & have not had any issues. The majority of the money comes in last 10 mins (from my limited experience), e.g. the 9:11 at Cranbourne (Pace M) this morning went from c£65 to c£9k at the off, 9:25 at Kalgoorie (Hcap) went from c1k 15mins before off to c£40k.

Note: a significant volume can be traded between the start time & the off, in the above two examples is was 10% & 30% (and there wasn't a big delay before the off)

You could consider using book% as a condition on when to enter market, either way £2 stakes should not be in issue, offering or taking, in low volume markets... (its often a £2 to £5 stake at the front of market on either side of the book, when the market is thin).

Return to “Trading Horse racing”