Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
MemphisFlash

3 screens, all the data i need, 2 secs to swap between all three
thanks to creating a profile and some shortcut keys.
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

Capture4.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MarcAustin

Hi Memphis, you obviously know what you are doing when it comes to Guardian. I am trying to target specific dog boxes in Australia. The problem occurs with scratchings, because if boxes are vacant then it moves the betfair row order and often make the incorrect rule fire. With G 6 racing in Australia now that means it happens all the time, because box 3 and 6 are left vacant on purpose.

So for example, If i want the bot to Back box 1 and 3 but lay Box 2. If box one was scratched or vacant without a reserve, then now box 2 will actually be in Betfair Row 1 and Box three will be in Betfair row 2. Hence the bot will actually back box 2 instead of laying it, and lay box 3 instead of backing it. So far it is causing at lot of misfires. It also makes selecting the Reserves difficult

Do you have any idea how I can get a bot to target the Aussie box numbers?
MemphisFlash

Capture5.PNG
Capture6.PNG
ShaunWhite

MarcAustin wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:24 am
With G 6 racing in Australia now that means it happens all the time, because box 3 and 6 are left vacant on purpose.
It happens in other grades too.
Screenshot_20230510_114704_Chrome.jpg
I expect someone will respond to your query but can I ask why you'd back or lay a trap without consideration of what's actually in it? And how are you working out a value price in that situation?
bigpapaperry

MarcAustin wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:24 am
Hi Memphis, you obviously know what you are doing when it comes to Guardian. I am trying to target specific dog boxes in Australia. The problem occurs with scratchings, because if boxes are vacant then it moves the betfair row order and often make the incorrect rule fire. With G 6 racing in Australia now that means it happens all the time, because box 3 and 6 are left vacant on purpose.

So for example, If i want the bot to Back box 1 and 3 but lay Box 2. If box one was scratched or vacant without a reserve, then now box 2 will actually be in Betfair Row 1 and Box three will be in Betfair row 2. Hence the bot will actually back box 2 instead of laying it, and lay box 3 instead of backing it. So far it is causing at lot of misfires. It also makes selecting the Reserves difficult

Do you have any idea how I can get a bot to target the Aussie box numbers?
get round this by setting the rule file for number of runners = 6 or whatever number you need
thepressure

Have betfair stopped offering Aus greyhounds? I cant see any listed for today or tomrorow?
Realrocknrolla

thepressure wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 5:37 pm
Have betfair stopped offering Aus greyhounds? I cant see any listed for today or tomrorow?
They've finished today and get loaded late.

https://www.thedogs.com.au/

loads tomoz
LaurenceO

I know the current wisdom is to treat WoM with a pinch of salt, but I wondered if it has more relevance (or indeed less) in the Greyhound markets.
MemphisFlash

Ready for the day
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
Euler

@Memphis flash

These are such good demonstrations of how you can use the OC screen, do you mind if I use some of them on the website?
MemphisFlash

Euler wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 8:14 am
@Memphis flash

These are such good demonstrations of how you can use the OC screen, do you mind if I use some of them on the website?
Yes that is fine, when i work the greyhounds i have 4 one click screens at touch of a button, they are two of them. i can send all four if you like but they are in other positions on the forum

Tom
Brovashift

MemphisFlash wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 7:54 am
Ready for the day

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG
Hi Memphis, are you running 3 separate scrapes for your betfair, Timeform, and Sporting life data here?

Good Job btw!

Thanks
MemphisFlash

i run 7 scrapes each day, takes me about half an hour, then pass them through one Power Query
to get the info into stored values, then just a matter of copy paste into existing files.
Brovashift

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 11:24 pm
i run 7 scrapes each day, takes me about half an hour, then pass them through one Power Query
to get the info into stored values, then just a matter of copy paste into existing files.
Are you still using that ParseHub to scrape? I couldn't get my head around that.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”