Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
eightbo

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 9:20 pm
DarrenB wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 9:02 pm
On a serious note. Could someone please put me out of my misery and explain my above post? What happened? Thanks.
... bank has to be designed to cover these eventualities.
this, sucks but potential loss always has to be accounted for

what happened — mkt failed to turned IP then susp after runners already completed a circuit
maybe they realised they were so late so they didn't want to do an unfair SP calc ?

edit: I fired up betdaq for that race & players seemed still bang on not much value about,
however the leader fell last fence 1.01 turned over which was comical

today had a bit of everything really
DarrenB

Thanks guys, at first I thought it may have been a bet angel malfunction but I had open the betfair exchange site at the same time so that was also reading as suspended so I ruled that out.
The weird thing was, at start time, I'm watching the horses race off but no in play was registered on both bet angel and betfair! That's when the suspended kicked in quarter of the way in the race. It was so bizarre. Is it worth me emailing and complaining?
Dallas

DarrenB wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:54 pm
Thanks guys, at first I thought it may have been a bet angel malfunction but I had open the betfair exchange site at the same time so that was also reading as suspended so I ruled that out.
The weird thing was, at start time, I'm watching the horses race off but no in play was registered on both bet angel and betfair! That's when the suspended kicked in quarter of the way in the race. It was so bizarre. Is it worth me emailing and complaining?
Its not uncommon for a race to be late getting turned in-play and sometimes not getting turned in-play at all as you'll see from the Betfair Down thread
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1162&start=6780

As Shaun said on the previous page its just one of many things to take into consideration when trading, and the reason for it not going in-play at the correct time could also be down to one of several causes including things outside Betfair's control.

There T&C's do state they can not guarantee you'll ever be able to trade out of a position and that all bets are placed at the owner own risk, and that is almost certainly going to be the response you'll get back from Betfair
ShaunWhite

DarrenB wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 10:54 pm
. It was so bizarre. Is it worth me emailing and complaining?
It's a reminder that Betfair is an "exchange" like eBay, where you buy (lay) or sell (back) and doing one doesn't guarentee the other.

You could complain but if you'd profited from it instead, I doubt very much that you'd be calling them to ask to give it back :)
weemac

Just found out I had £1 win, £2 place that 210 BFSP Newbury winner... :lol:
Crumpets

Guess someone really likes Roman Art :shock:
DarrenB

So, I've come to affectionately refer to sentiment as sediment. Let me elaborate...
Today at the 15:25 at Newmarket was a horse called solo saxophone. It's sediment er market price was 42...FOURTY TWO!! I couldn't believe it, not a mention anywhere, pundits or otherwise. Why is this strange I hear you say, well this horse had a atr pace rating of 10,good previous form and nobody near the pace rating...THEN I look who it's dad was...FRANKEL! yes that Frankel lol. It led most of the race, I in played it and won loads...amazeballs!
xtrader16

On the off Thirsk 13:57 under £100 K matched. That's only £50k in reality. Pretty low for a Saturday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Maidens tend to turnover slightly less money that other types of races. But yes, still low.
Cardano

bad ... LUCK ... Lost on Head Bob ..
last to first ...BUSINESS MODEL ... Won on a Head Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thepressure

Is there an eas way I can get volume of money matched across various australian horse races, Id jus like to see track and time and total matched?

Specifically the australian markets, without having to wait up/get up at 3-6am id like to see how much money is matched across the races on various days of the week, eg, is it a lot or just really small like the pace races around 7-9am uk time.
Dallas

thepressure wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:40 am
Is there an eas way I can get volume of money matched across various australian horse races, Id jus like to see track and time and total matched?

Specifically the australian markets, without having to wait up/get up at 3-6am id like to see how much money is matched across the races on various days of the week, eg, is it a lot or just really small like the pace races around 7-9am uk time.
Unless you wanted to pay for the historic data from Betfair you'd need to use a data capture sheet to capture volume at your required time/intervals
There's a few in the BF data section you could download and use
viewforum.php?f=54
thepressure

In general though do a lot of AUS horse races have over 50k matched?
Dallas

thepressure wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 12:59 pm
In general though do a lot of AUS horse races have over 50k matched?
Probably not if you are looking at them all across each day

Might be better asking on the Aus racing thread for the opinions of those that trade them regularly
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7512&start=10920
Emmson

The return of the Derby winner was one of the most intriguing races I've encountered in a long time and it never disappointed.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”