Tennis Detailed Stats

Euler

So here are the number of points by surface on that ATP data. Thanks for posting it.

The lower values are distorted by the number of sets. As when you isolate by Grand Slam the numbers rise again.

The WTA data will be better as that will be consistent across tournaments. If you can post the WTA data, I'll have a look at that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sniffer66

Euler wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:16 am
We have looked at providing data as a subset or as part of Bet Angel. But I think you may have seen me mention before that officially licensing the right to distribute it properly is incredibly expensive. So I suspect most people have not even thought about the consequences of unlicensed distribution.
Interestingly, I've just finished porting my Sofascore API football stats\score\match time code over to using the BA API, rather than CSV import. It's so much slicker and faster. I'll also do the same for tennis.
The additional functionality is great as well. No entries after x minutes or match doesn't meet any entry criteria? Delete the market automatically from Guardian.

I have a little more testing to do but once it's 100% I'll release it on here. Once I get back from Santorini ;)
Euler

Sounds fun, enjoy. Santorini that is!

We are working on improvements to the API, so that should help you even more going forward.
Redhead

Looks like Tennis Profits stole a lot of that data from Trade On Sports, as thay have been producing that data for close to 10 years now and tennis profits is relatively new, even though Tradeshark has been about for a long time, I didnt think Paul was a thief, shame hes involved in this, Bisorgno though is a different kettle of fish.

They haven't even bothered to change the names of the data sets, this is clearly Intellectual property theft.
Euler

I'm not familiar with any of the datasets as I've tended to focus on modelling. But, if I remember correctly, Trade on sports took it from Dan Weston? There was a lot of fuss around that at the time.

Herein lies the issue with data, ownership.

There is lots of scrapeable data out there and datasets.

I like - http://www.tennisabstract.com/

But ultimately the owners and licensors of the data are the WTA and ATP. So no one person can actually claim to own the data or the right to reproduce it unless they have a license, or sub-license.
jimibt

looks like this post just ignited a concerted community tennis data effort :D. this is how things definitely, organically come into being.. nice one all..
ODPaul82

jimibt wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:30 pm
looks like this post just ignited a concerted community tennis data effort :D. this is how things definitely, organically come into being.. nice one all..
I'd just like there to be a touch more liquidity in challenger level :lol: so any more interest in people trading it is win/win for me.
Dallas

jimibt wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:30 pm
+1
JuiceyJones

What happened to Dan Weston? I used his service years ago when there was nothing else available. Last I saw he was getting data for cricket teams. Assuming no longer trading tennis?
WigWamBam

Was there ever a link posted for this sheet? If it was the we transfer link, it doesn't work anymore. Can anyone share the file with me please.

Thanks Lee
Dallas

WigWamBam wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:44 am
Was there ever a link posted for this sheet? If it was the we transfer link, it doesn't work anymore. Can anyone share the file with me please.

Thanks Lee
Which sheet?

Return to “Tennis Trading”