Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
Atho55

What I find curious is the number of views some P&L screenshots plus other stuff attract but these are never converted to actual posts within the thread, questions being asked, etc. Must be a sub-culture of silent viewers
Kai

Atho55 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:31 pm
Must be a sub-culture of silent viewers.
Of course, lurking overall is very efficient I imagine, they quickly scan threads for anything useful to them and close the tab.

I remember when Psychoff posted a very large P&L and didn't get a single kudos for days :D Must have felt awful!

So maybe it's not really how much you post but how you post it :)

And would be quite funny if there were a lot more ladies around, every 3rd post would be a P&L from someone :lol:

So watch out lads, perhaps you're only getting compliments to get you to overshare your trade secrets!
Bobajob

Atho55 wrote:
What I find curious is the number of views some P&L screenshots plus other stuff attract but these are never converted to actual posts within the thread, questions being asked, etc. Must be a sub-culture of silent viewers
Here goes then
Question for MemphisFlash(Tom)
Are you 'Backing' or 'Laying' or both / market
If not, are you 'Backing' / 'Laying' and 'Closing Trades with Greening' per market :?:
The Silk Run

Kai wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:38 pm
Atho55 wrote:
So watch out lads, perhaps you're only getting compliments to get you to overshare your trade secrets!
Damn it !!! Droopy just got rumbled, and it was going so well ...
Let's drop the honey-trap and move to snake oil :D
Kai

The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:41 am
Kai wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:38 pm
Atho55 wrote:
Damn it !!! Droopy just got rumbled, and it was going so well ...
Let's drop the honey-trap and move to snake oil :D
I'm on to you missy ;)

Wasn't it Oscar Wilde that said women are never disarmed by compliments, but men always are :D
The Silk Run

:D
MemphisFlash

[/quote]
Here goes then
If not, are you 'Backing' / 'Laying' and 'Closing Trades with Greening' per market :?:
[/quote]

Backing Yes, Laying Yes Greening Yes
andy28

I know NZL GH racing is very small on BF but it looks like the sport will be banned most likely at the end of the season July 24
The Silk Run

Anybody effected by the recent changes to scheduling. Has it had any impact on your operations.

After much patience and frustration I have now omitted Suffolk Downs, Oxford, and Towcester from some of my stratergies due to significant delays generally due to poor track management. This of course will impact my returns !!!
ShaunWhite

The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:20 am
Anybody effected by the recent changes to scheduling. Has it had any impact on your operations.

After much patience and frustration I have now omitted Suffolk Downs, Oxford, and Towcester from some of my stratergies due to significant delays generally due to poor track management. This of course will impact my returns !!!
Thank for the info. I hadn't noticed. I just take the rough with the smooth and don't really look at the whys and how the pl was made. Do they reschedule or just run late? I refresh my market list every 30mins to pick up new/changed races (because I leave everything running 247l, so maybe I'm not impacted.
Bobajob

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:26 pm
Here goes then
[/quote]

[/quote]
Exactly what I thought, thanks
The Silk Run

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:38 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:20 am

Thank for the info. I hadn't noticed. I just take the rough with the smooth and don't really look at the whys and how the pl was made. Do they reschedule or just run late? I refresh my market list every 30mins to pick up new/changed races (because I leave everything running 247l, so maybe I'm not impacted.
Good afternoon Shaun

The changes to recent scheduling are only subtle, at a glance. I'm sure your systems are far more advanced than mine and would expose any variance.

Some of my stratergies rely on markets being settled on the exchange to progress !!!
ShaunWhite

The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:03 pm
The changes to recent scheduling are only subtle, at a glance. I'm sure your systems are far more advanced than mine and would expose any variance.
I wouldn't bank on that, I just check nothing has changed every 30mins and don't do anything very fancy otherwise.
The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:03 pm

Some of my stratergies rely on markets being settled on the exchange to progress !!!
I hope you're not changing your name to Martin Gale ;)

It's funny how the market ecosystem creates equilibrium, the commision on aus dogs is tough but the bigger spreads overcome it. But not surprising really I guess because you can't ask for a 5% margin if you're paying 9%.

Have you got a decent discount rate?
The Silk Run

I know Martin extremely well.

I'm churning systems at 2% with no participation offshore ANZ. And of course no pc2.
Bobajob

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:26 pm
Here goes then
[/quote]

[/quote]
Do you get any problems with 'Greening' bets not getting 'matched' resulting in a 'loss' for that market/event ?

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”