BHA Fixture list 2024

The sport of kings.
Euler

https://www.britishhorseracing.com/pres ... sh-racing/

The main features of the 2024 Fixture List include:

– 170 “Premier Racedays” will be run in 2024, underpinned by criteria around prize money and quality of racing, and acting as the sport’s main shop window. They will ensure consistent, high-quality racing which can be differentiated from the rest of the fixture list and better promoted to showcase the sport to new and existing audiences.

The significant appetite shown by racecourses to stage these fixtures has resulted in an uplift of around 50% in the number of fixtures which would meet the “Premier Raceday” criteria, compared to 2022.

Premier Racedays will therefore account for approximately 12% of fixtures, and these top-tier days will be supported by significantly enhanced promotion, broadcast innovation and fan engagement, with proposals being developed through the Commercial Committee and more detail to be published in the coming months.

– Investing more prize money, including an additional £3.8m of Horserace Betting Levy Board (HBLB) funding for Premier Racedays. This will comprise both significant additional investment, alongside some redistribution of funds from other fixtures. Minimum race values at non-Premier (Core) fixtures will, however, remain unaltered.

All Premier Racedays will include a minimum number of higher-class races, supplemented by other races providing opportunities for a wide range of horses. Higher minimum prize money values will be in place at Premier Racedays with no races run for less than £20,000 (Flat) and £15,000 (Jumps).

This will aim to keep British racing at the forefront of world racing, attracting and retaining the best horses to be owned, trained and race in Britain.

– Premier Racedays on Saturdays being given “room to breathe”, to be better promoted to tell the sport’s stories, improving betting and media rights revenues by creating a “protected window” during which the number of fixtures which can be run is controlled.

– Major investment in improving Sunday racing to take better advantage of both days of the sporting weekend, increasing engagement and revenues while also rewarding the sport’s workforce who service these fixtures.

– Creating a more competitive and engaging racing product through improved field sizes, reducing the size of the Fixture List and race programme – including the removal of 300 Jump races and 20 Jump fixtures – and a raft of further initiatives designed to improve competitiveness.
to75ne

i don't like the these morning fixtures there don't seem to be many and they don't state start times as yet, but pundit on billy hills reckons they will be probably 11am starts or earlier.
Euler

I like the idea of given feature races some space on Saturday the current situation is a farce. A massive feature can get peed over by a two runner match a Kelso. That's a nonsense.

Not sure how the early starts will work. I will probably put more focus into the weekends.

Don't like the idea of expanding everything on Sunday. I don't think that would widen the appeal much. Happy to be convinced on this.
Michael5482

Euler wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:01 pm
I like the idea of given feature races some space on Saturday the current situation is a farce. A massive feature can get peed over by a two runner match a Kelso. That's a nonsense.

Not sure how the early starts will work. I will probably put more focus into the weekends.

Don't like the idea of expanding everything on Sunday. I don't think that would widen the appeal much. Happy to be convinced on this.
I understand the reasoning but none of it addresses the real issues the main one in that 1468 meetings a year is still unsustainable hence why race entries are at a 30 year low. I can't see how having 20 less fixtures and moving them around a bit with a bit more money will have much impact just means more pickings for the Irish raiders, no doubt they'll be rubbing there hands.

I'd do away with summer jumps as it's a waste of space anyway, no racing on a Monday, max of 2 all weather meetings a week maybe 3 in the winter then see what was left and work out from there. I'd have max 1000 meetings a year, would have to possibly loose a couple of tracks as well which would be controversial.

All that being said if people can't get a bet on the BHA can do whatever they want it'll all be irrelevant because people will walk away from racing in droves.
Dallas

to75ne wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:09 pm
i don't like the these morning fixtures there don't seem to be many and they don't state start times as yet, but pundit on billy hills reckons they will be probably 11am starts or earlier.
I was never a fan of the 11am starts, always seemed to be a rush job being ready
liamsmith

I am unsure if these plans are merely aimed at the flat or jumps as well? I know there is a plan to cut 300 NH races which isn’t much per week as GC said… but jumps racing in winter? This won’t work for them.wordle
bekean

Thanks for posting it!
heardle
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:30 pm
to75ne wrote:
I was never a fan of the 11am starts, always seemed to be a rush job being ready
10am first race at Chelmsford this Saturday.
Michael5482

jamesedwards wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:35 pm
Dallas wrote:
to75ne wrote:
Strange one to have racing start at 10am on a Saturday morning can't see many people being interested. Is there a reason behind it? The Opening Show will still be on, wonder if they'll be showing it live :lol: They'll probably send Luke Harvey who'll be stood there in the pissing rain with a bacon sarnie, he gets all the crap jobs.
Dallas

Michael5482 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:30 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Strange one to have racing start at 10am on a Saturday morning can't see many people being interested. Is there a reason behind it? The Opening Show will still be on, wonder if they'll be showing it live :lol: They'll probably send Luke Harvey who'll be stood there in the pissing rain with a bacon sarnie, he gets all the crap jobs.
Its the Grand National so some meetings start earlier to clear more of the afternoon
Michael5482

Dallas wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:48 pm
Michael5482 wrote:
jamesedwards wrote:

Its the Grand National so some meetings start earlier to clear more of the afternoon
Forgot about that, bit of a big race to forget about!
Kai

Michael5482 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:59 am
Dallas wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:48 pm
Michael5482 wrote:

Forgot about that, bit of a big race to forget about!
Lol, saw his reminder the other day and forgot again until now as well, KUTGW Dallas you sexy man :D

The footy rush hour's going to be tricky today

Return to “Trading Horse racing”