Running BA on virtual machine, Mac M2 chip?

A place to discuss anything.
wmat983

Hi guys I am upgrading to new mac, however, VirtualBox doesn't work with Mac M1/M2/M3 chips.

I have noticed through doing some research that others have been using Parallels on M chip macs with no problems.

I was just wondering if there was any other virtual machines available or is Parallels only option now?
Michael5482

wmat983 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:59 pm
Hi guys I am upgrading to new mac, however, VirtualBox doesn't work with Mac M1/M2/M3 chips.

I have noticed through doing some research that others have been using Parallels on M chip macs with no problems.

I was just wondering if there was any other virtual machines available or is Parallels only option now?
Never seen the point of buying a MAC then partitioning half it's capabilities to run Windows. Just buy a Windows based machine would be my advice.

I have a MAC but had it before I started trading so bought a web based VM subscription. I've just spec'd a new Windows machine last week to replace the MAC so I can give it to my daughter for college. Not buying a MAC to butcher it with stuff like Parallels or partitioning half of it for Windows based VM's, completely defeats the point of buying a MAC.

But it's each to their own I suppose.
Euler

Because we have to support a variety of customers I bought a Mac a few years back and really like it.

When Apple introduced the silicon processors you could no longer use BootCamp, I never really like virtual machines. But Parallels works fantastically well with Bet Angel, especially if you use coherence.

But because I do a lot of automation, I also run several VPS's.

So really I've got a bit of everything. Technically I could quite happily just run on a Mac.

Return to “General discussion”