Excel

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
peri cleese

Hello !

Could somebody please advise if its possible. and if so how to set a profit and loss within Gaurdian which will stop any betting when the limits have been reached.
Pleased to hear.
Derek27

peri cleese wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:13 pm
Hello !

Could somebody please advise if its possible. and if so how to set a profit and loss within Gaurdian which will stop any betting when the limits have been reached.
Pleased to hear.
I'm a bit confused by the title of this thread. Are you using an Excel sheet linked to BA to place bets, or are you using Guardian automation?
peri cleese

Hello

Thanks for the reply . I only mentioned excel as I was / am under the impression that to to stop the betting when a set limits was reached was to use excel . At the moment I’m using guardian to place lay bets on greyhounds . However I would like to be able to set a profit /loss figure as I may not always be at my laptop . Any help to set a profit /loss trading limit on a days trading would be appreciated
Derek27

It is a fair bit of work, but if you're exclusively using Excel, you can have a summary sheet to total your PL across all the market sheets. You also need code running in the background to identify the closed markets, your PL for that market and write it to the summary sheet.

If you're using Guardian automation, I believe Dallas wrote a rules file to track your overall PL. I've never used it but if you've got your PL in an SV, you could simply set a stop_trading shared SV that all rules files will have access to.

I use an Excel spreadsheet that has the capability to stop trading when a certain profit is reached (not loss), I don't use it but it was only ever intended for markets relating to the same event.
peri cleese

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I’ve noted your remarks and will try to find a way forward .

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”