How to Green Up Neat & Tidy

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Safeway

I am successfully using a pre-race bot on horses and dogs which is made up of a few pieces of Dallas' various excellent templates (thanks!) It's pretty simple with one back rule and one lay rule with offsets BUT so far I am greening up manually as I still don't get the best way to hack this green-up business with automation and do it nice, neat and tidy!

I have spent all of Xmas searching and reading - I really want to sort this before 2023 ends.

To keep my question simple, I won't refer to any of the stuff I have read and will ask my question from fresh..........

What do I have to add to my two rule bot in order that it:-

1. Greens up all selections at a pre-determined profit level....and.....
2. Stops any new bets when green-up has occurred......and......
3. Cancels any unmatched bets which are still floating around.

Thanks and a Happy New Year to all when it arrives :D

D.
Dallas

From the FAQ section
1) viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488
2) viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11656
3) Happens automatically when 1 is done
sionascaig

Safeway wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:57 am

What do I have to add to my two rule bot in order that it:-

1. Greens up all selections at a pre-determined profit level....and.....
2. Stops any new bets when green-up has occurred......and......
1. Greens up all selections at a pre-determined profit level.

==> add a "Green All Profit condition" to your green up rule for specified amount.

2. Stops any new bets when green-up has occurred.

==> In the green up rule set a Signal, say Green=1 than will let your other rules now that the Greenup rule has been run.

==> Add a new condition to your bet rules to check that the Signal Green is NOT set with value (and hence no green up rule has run)

==> The green up rule will cancel any unmatched bets but if you want to be super safe to say deal with be delays etc can also run a cancel all unmatched bets rules after the green up process finishes (and can use the Green signal as a condition to tell you that it has run)
jamesedwards

I had lots of trouble with greening failure until I observed the following principles:

> Use 'green all selections' rule against 'any selection'.
> Cancel all unmatched bets before the greening command is triggered.
> Make sure the greening rule is the only command being triggered at that moment.
sniffer66

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:14 am
I had lots of trouble with greening failure until I observed the following principles:

> Use 'green all selections' rule against 'any selection'.
> Cancel all unmatched bets before the greening command is triggered.
> Make sure the greening rule is the only command being triggered at that moment.
One thing I'd add to that that's really helped me on the CS footy markets, and was posted by Dallas, is preventing green up on selections that have hit 1000
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Safeway

Dallas / sionascaig / james / sniffer...............Thanks all :D

I've been on Betfair since around 2004 and using BA on and off for a few years now.

I've only recently been messing with automation. A couple of months ago I would not even have been able to put your suggestions into practice but I reckon I can now......no big claims...gettin' there...I'll post if I run into any problems :?:

Sniffer - that's one for me to keep in the bottom drawer....I'll be coming back to CS's shortly and I can see that increases the green payout.

I'm so keen to have a profitable greyhound method first. So many races.....before getting into automation and following some bad karma's a few years ago I thought the dogs were of no use to me at all - let's see but it could all go tits up yet :o

James - How is your greyhound experiment going? Last time I looked it was kickin' back in....?

D.
jamesedwards

Safeway wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:47 pm

James - How is your greyhound experiment going? Last time I looked it was kickin' back in....?
OK thanks. Haven't looked at it at all over Christmas. It's all a bit of a waste of time unless I can figure out how to increase stakes without tanking ROI%.

Picture1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”